PDA

View Full Version : Bush Declares DC Emergency for Inauguration...for extra $$

AHeneen
01-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Bush Declares DC Emergency for Inauguration
The emergency declaration will let the nation's capital tap deeper into federal coffers for Barack Obama's inauguration.
-------------------------------------------------------------
President Bush on Tuesday declared an emergency in the District of Columbia that will let the nation's capital tap deeper into federal coffers for Barack Obama's inauguration.

Bush said that an emergency exists and ordered federal aid to supplement the $15 million in federal funds already appropriated for the event.

White House spokesman Scott Stanzel said District of Columbia Mayor Adrian M. Fenty requested the emergency declaration on Jan. 7 because he decided that the crowds expected for the nation's 56th presidential inauguration would exceed the city's ability to protect the public.

If the extra money is needed, it will come from the Federal Emergency and Management Agency budget, Stanzel said.

In a statement, the White House said the assistance is available to the district for emergency measures to protect public health and safety.

Fenty and others have said millions could descend on Washington for the inauguration

From Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/14/bush-declares-dc-emergency-inauguration/)

So when FEMA has to respond to an emergency and doesn't have enough $$$, we can blame BO? I'm ready to pull the "BO doesn't care about white people" card when Florida is hit by a hurricane this year! :)

GrumpyOldLady
01-14-2009, 11:45 AM
:mad: He's pulled some assinine moves .. but this really takes the cake.

biccat
01-14-2009, 12:21 PM
:mad: He's pulled some assinine moves .. but this really takes the cake.

No kidding.

:angry:

Bush is not only handing the Democrats the knife to stab him with, he's turning around, lifting up his shirt, painting a big red X on his back, and giving free pre-inauguration stabbing lessons.

I will never understand why Republicans continue to play nice and go along with such blatant abuse of power.

PoliCon
01-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Guys - if he didn't do this - and anything happens - who are the left going to blame?

tacitus
01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
What is the emergency that we have to waste $15 million of our tax dollars? Damn I'm glad Bush is gone, I'll be happier when the lawn jockey is gone.

biccat
01-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Guys - if he didn't do this - and anything happens - who are the left going to blame?

Or the Anointed One could do what Bush did - raise private money for the inauguration.

It shouldn't be hard, his campaign donors had to take all kinds of steps to avoid FEC rules, no need to do that here.

PoliCon
01-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Or the Anointed One could do what Bush did - raise private money for the inauguration.

It shouldn't be hard, his campaign donors had to take all kinds of steps to avoid FEC rules, no need to do that here. his supporters? you want crack heads - idiots and welfare moms to kick up money? Cause you know the liberal elitists don't EVER spend their own money when they can spend tax money on something. Look - It sucks. I hate it. But I'm not stupid enough to trash Bush over it.