PDA

View Full Version : Nazi-named children taken from parents

bluemeenie
01-14-2009, 03:53 PM
HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, N.J. - Three New Jersey siblings whose names have Nazi connotations have been placed in the custody of the state, police said Wednesday.

Holland Township Police Sgt. John Harris said workers from the state Division of Youth and Family Services removed 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell and his younger sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, from their home Tuesday.

Harris said family services did not tell police the reason the children were removed. Agency spokeswoman Kate Bernyk said it does not comment on specific cases.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28655143/?GT1=43001

Now I gotta be honest with you...I think the parents are idiots and don't agree one bit with them naming their kids what they did..but as far as I'm concerned as long as the kids aren't abused and well nourished they can call them dough nut head and it should warrant this.

Just more state intervening on personal rights.....

But what should I have expected with the same people coming into power that let Federal agents invade a persons home to take elien Gonzales (Sp?)....

Phillygirl
01-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I am waiting to hear more information on this. If there was no abuse or neglect reported, this is wrong, despite how ignorant the parents obviously are with regards to their choice of names for their children.

noonwitch
01-14-2009, 04:09 PM
CPS still has to prove that there is neglect or abuse, or they can't take the kids. If they took the kids based only on their names (and tried to use that solely to make a case for emotional abuse), the parents will be able to sue the state of NJ.

In general, the law doesn't recognize emotional abuse, unless there are mitigating circumstances-an example would be a parent calling a developmentally disabled child stupid. Even in that case, it's unlikely the child would be removed. CPS would refer the family for services before taking any further action.

But CPS is guided by confidentiality. No further information will be released until the court involved releases it. The media got the names of the kids involved in the CPS action either from the court or from the police.

PoliCon
01-14-2009, 04:13 PM
I think we should be allowed to slap the parents - or any parent for that matter who names their kid something retarded - but taking the kids away? Talk about fascist. :mad: BESIDES - if they're going to take kids away over bad names - Hollywood needs to be their very first stop!

tacitus
01-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Looks like the nanny state garbage from the UK has reached our shores. Soon the state will dictate what names are acceptable for the children and deviation means you lose the children.

In the absence of any physical abuse, this is pure gestapo tactics by the state.