PDA

View Full Version : Apple CEO Steve Jobs takes medical leave

SarasotaRepub
01-14-2009, 07:41 PM
SEATTLE (AP) - Apple Inc. co-founder and Chief Executive Steve Jobs said Wednesday he is taking a medical leave of absence until the end of June—just a week after the cancer survivor tried to assure investors and employees his recent weight loss (http://search.breitbart.com/q?s=weight+loss&sid=breitbart.com) was simply caused by a treatable hormone deficiency.

Jobs, 53, said in a letter last week that he would remain at Apple's helm despite the hormone deficiency, and said he had already begun the "relatively simple and straightforward" treatment for the problem. But in an e-mail to employees Wednesday, Jobs backtracked.

"During the past week I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex
than I originally thought," he wrote.

LINKY (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D95N66HG0&show_article=1)

PoliCon
01-14-2009, 07:48 PM
apparently what ever he has is pretty bad . . . . I wonder what it could be . . .

SarasotaRepub
01-14-2009, 08:00 PM
He certainly looks like he's wasting away...

He has had cancer so who knows.

lacarnut
01-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Too bad that this young creative genuis looks like he is wasting away. But, you never know. Hope he recovers and pulls thru his illness.

BadCat
01-14-2009, 09:44 PM
He had pancreatic cancer.
You seldom survive that one.

RobJohnson
01-15-2009, 02:13 AM
Sad news for him and his family. :mad:

AHeneen
01-15-2009, 05:26 AM
Especially not going to be good for Apple stock today.:(

Gingersnap
01-15-2009, 09:34 AM
He had pancreatic cancer.
You seldom survive that one.

The kind he had was curable (for some) but I think the cure and the effects of the disease also damage important systems. He's a fan of alternative medicine so he may have tried to mitigate the damage with some kind of ineffective treatment and now he realizes that he needs to get with the real program.

linda22003
01-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Too bad that this young creative genuis looks like he is wasting away. But, you never know. Hope he recovers and pulls thru his illness.

Interesting that you refer to him as "young" when he's five months older than I am. :p