PDA

View Full Version : California will not pay tax refunds,vendors, aged, blind and disabled Californians

megimoo
01-16-2009, 06:50 PM
" Cash-strapped state says those who overpaid in 2008 are out of luck, while other checks will be held for 30 days as it tries to ward off bankruptcy.

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) -- California will not pay tax refunds for individuals and business that overpaid 2008 taxes, in order to conserve dwindling cash for priority payments including school spending and debt repayment required by state law, the state's controller office said Friday.

Other state checks to be postponed for 30 days include payments for vendors who provide services and products to the state government and state checks to a million aged, blind and disabled Californians to cover rent and utilities bills, State Controller John Chiang's office said in a statement.

Various state officials have been warning in recent weeks that the most populous U.S. state's coffers would run dry if Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and lawmakers fail to balance the state's current budget. The governor in his state of the state speech Thursday said California faces insolvency within weeks if it does not balance its books.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/16/news/economy/california.reut/index.htm?postversion=2009011614

Ringo
01-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Haha.

And the stupid republicans removed Davis for a 8 billion dollar debt. Arnie is way over that.

More hypocrisy and fake outrage.

PoliCon
01-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Haha.

And the stupid republicans removed Davis for a 8 billion dollar debt. Arnie is way over that.

More hypocrisy and fake outrage. were are the people defending this?? To be hypocrisy - some one has to be defending it. Stupid shit stain.

Ringo
01-16-2009, 07:06 PM
were are the people defending this?? To be hypocrisy - some one has to be defending it. Stupid shit stain.

Hypocrisy is all over this.

The republicans are not attacking Arnie for creating 12 billion dollar debt, but they demanded Davis be removed for creating a 8 billion dollar debt.

You don't see hypocrisy there ?

PoliCon
01-16-2009, 07:09 PM

The republicans are not attacking Arnie for creating 12 billion dollar debt, but they demanded Davis be removed for creating a 8 billion dollar debt.

You don't see hypocrisy there ? DUMBASS - go check out conservative sources - hell even here on this site people have been pissed at Arnie and his spending policies. :rolleyes:

Ringo
01-16-2009, 07:12 PM
DUMBASS - go check out conservative sources - hell even here on this site people have been pissed at Arnie and his spending policies. :rolleyes:

Post a link with a quote. Should be easy enough.

PoliCon
01-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Post a link with a quote. Should be easy enough.

http://patriotpost.us/

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/

http://www.humanevents.com/

http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer

http://www.hoover.org/

Go read. You might learn something.

Ringo
01-16-2009, 07:21 PM
http://patriotpost.us/

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/

http://www.humanevents.com/

http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer

http://www.hoover.org/

Go read. You might learn something.

Those links don't contain any quotes from the republican leadership speaking up against Arnies spending.

Why would you even bother posting those ?

PoliCon
01-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Those links don't contain any quotes from the republican leadership speaking up against Arnies spending.

Why would you even bother posting those ?read and you will see that they are full of quotes saying just that.

You should also enjoy:

www.hannity.com

www.rushlimbaugh.com

www.warroom.com

Ringo
01-16-2009, 07:25 PM
read and you will see that they are full of quotes saying just that.

You should also enjoy:

www.hannity.com

www.rushlimbaugh.com

www.warroom.com

All thie links you posted are the HOMEPAGE of those sites. The news is recent.

NONE OF THEM contain quotes from the leadership.

WTF are you stupid.

PoliCon
01-16-2009, 07:32 PM
All thie links you posted are the HOMEPAGE of those sites. The news is recent.

NONE OF THEM contain quotes from the leadership.

WTF are you stupid.lol you want me to do the reading for you? lol No thanks. I have better things to do that jump through the hoops of a middle schooler.

Ringo
01-16-2009, 07:52 PM
lol you want me to do the reading for you? lol No thanks. I have better things to do that jump through the hoops of a middle schooler.

Those are HOMEPAGES dumbass.

Why not post a link to the quote instead of a homepage ?

Fucking dumbass.

PoliCon
01-16-2009, 07:55 PM

Fucking dumbass. Because I quite frankly don't feel like searching for the shit you want. Seeing as how I am an outspoken opponent of the congress and their drunken spending - And seeing as how I myself have criticized them and Bush for the spending - I don't feel the need to find quotes of other people expressing what I have expressed myself.

Ringo
01-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Because I quite frankly don't feel like searching for the shit you want. Seeing as how I am an outspoken opponent of the congress and their drunken spending - And seeing as how I myself have criticized them and Bush for the spending - I don't feel the need to find quotes of other people expressing what I have expressed myself.

So, you can't, and refuse to back up your claim. How typical.

Why even bother making claimes you are niot ready to back up ?

So so typical.

PoliCon
01-16-2009, 08:06 PM
So, you can't, and refuse to back up your claim. How typical.

Why even bother making claimes you are niot ready to back up ?

So so typical. You're problem is that you confuse Conservative with republican and assume that party leaders are OUR leaders. Sorry but conservatives do not walk lock step with the party. We're not the dems.

Ringo
01-16-2009, 08:21 PM
You're problem is that you confuse Conservative with republican and assume that party leaders are OUR leaders. Sorry but conservatives do not walk lock step with the party. We're not the dems.

I love to see you hacks run from the republican party. Nobody wants to be called a republican, not even republicans.

Mythic
01-16-2009, 08:23 PM

You don't see hypocrisy there ?You need to get over the idea that the governor is in full control of everything. California is very liberal then + Arnold.

Have you heard of Blogojevich?

I love to see you hacks run from the republican party. Nobody wants to be called a republican, not even republicans.You aren't very logical, are you. He doesnt want to be called a republican because he isn't one...don't know why you even argue that.

Ringo
01-16-2009, 08:23 PM
You need to get over the idea that the governor is in full control of everything. California is very liberal then + Arnold.

Have you heard of Blogojevich?

I am from Chicago. I know all about Blago.

Mythic
01-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I am from Chicago. I know all about Blago.Do you want him removed?

PoliCon
01-16-2009, 08:34 PM
I am from Chicago. I know all about Blago.welcome back blinky

Ringo
01-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Do you want him removed?

No. He is innocent till proven guilty.

He is probably guilty on many many many counts. But I am having my doubts now.

Fitz has been investigating for years, he made an arrest and now wants 3 more months to get evidence. Seems funny.

I would bet the house that when the indictment comes he won't be charged with selling the seat. It will be a list of other things, but not the seat. Fitz is searching for that evidence right now...and I don't think he will find it.

PoliCon
01-16-2009, 08:38 PM
I love to see you hacks run from the republican party. Nobody wants to be called a republican, not even republicans.truth be told - I'm registered as a democrat.

Ringo
01-16-2009, 08:41 PM
truth be told - I'm registered as a democrat.

Sure you are.

See what I mean. LOL.

Mythic
01-16-2009, 08:50 PM
No. He is innocent till proven guilty.
I can guarantee that if he were republican you would want him removed immediately.

FlaGator
01-16-2009, 11:24 PM

Fucking dumbass.

Just like a lib, get a conservative to do all the work and while they set back and what for the hand out.

noonwitch
01-16-2009, 11:35 PM
There were a lot more reasons than the deficit behind the recall of Davis. First, there were the rolling blackouts during the usually hot California summer. Then, he raised the fees for things like license plates to ridiculously high prices-our governor raised the fees, but only raised them by about $10. I'm not sure, but someone told me that at the time, it was costing $400 yearly to register your car in CA. Even with our increase, it still only costs about $75 to register a car in Michigan.

Do CA voters have some recourse as far as their tax refunds go? Most people don't process their own payroll, it's not like they overpay on purpose in order to get a refund. It's CA, so I'm sure someone will get this into a court at some point. It would be funny if a ruling came in a year or so that ordered the state to pay the refunds with interest, though.

lacarnut
01-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Haha.

More hypocrisy and fake outrage.

Hey, shit for brains. There are 3 branches of government. The legislative branch passes budgets for expenditures. The Gov. of CA has 2 or 3 choices when a bill hits his desk. He can veto a spending bill. Cut out expenditures or in some states not sign the bill and it automatically becomes law. Those items that are eliminated from a spending bill can be re-instated in the final passage of the bill if a super majority overides the veto or spending cuts. Consequently, most of the financial problems of the state of CA can be laid at the hands of the Democratic legislature. Do you understand dimwit?

Secondly, Arnuld is a damn RINO. He certainly is not a conservative. I could give a shit whether he is impeached or gets thrown out of office. His wife is a Kennedy. That makes him a half ass left leaning Repub. in my book. Prior to the Presidential election, Arnuld offered his services to Obama which reeks of him seeking a cabinet position to me.

Davis was a disaster for the state of CA. by signing energy contracts that cost the state hundreds of millions. Fortunately for the state, the energy companies agreeded to cancel them when prices dropped dramatically. BTW, Davis could not run for dogcatcher and win plus.

Do your homework BOY cause you ain't got shit so far.

SarasotaRepub
01-17-2009, 12:28 AM
It would appear our buddy Ringo is the infamous supercrash
of old...:D

PoliCon
01-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Sure you are.

See what I mean. LOL.Yep. I am. Where I live - all elections are decided in the primaries because the people here are so fucking brainwashed they only ever vote for people with a D after their name. This town would vote for HITLER if he was registered as a democrat. :mad: SO - if I want my vote to count - I have to be able to vote in the democratic primary - so I am registered as a democrat. This is not the first time I've made this confession here. :rolleyes:

Ree
01-17-2009, 01:11 AM
I love to see you hacks run from the republican party. Nobody wants to be called a republican, not even republicans.
Listen up ya cupid stunt...I'm not now, nor have I ever been a Republican...So why don't ya pull your big head outta your ass and quit usin the "little head" to "think" with....

biccat
01-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Do CA voters have some recourse as far as their tax refunds go? Most people don't process their own payroll, it's not like they overpay on purpose in order to get a refund. It's CA, so I'm sure someone will get this into a court at some point. It would be funny if a ruling came in a year or so that ordered the state to pay the refunds with interest, though.
Even if the court says the state can do this, tax revenue next year is going to be much less. No one is going to overpay their taxes, for fear that they won't get the money back.

PoliCon
01-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Even if the court says the state can do this, tax revenue next year is going to be much less. No one is going to overpay their taxes, for fear that they won't get the money back.
I don't think people should have withholding at all. IMAGINE how many more people would want taxes cut if they had to pay their taxes themselves.

megimoo
01-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Tax revenues will be much lower the way those critters are leaving .The property values are on the way down and the property taxes are on the way up .They are tearing their hair out trying to find new things to tax and the people getting nervous.One obvious way is to tax all raw food sources and up the taxes on all prepared foods.Fuel taxes have proven to be unreliable with the gasoline usage dropping like a stone.

They can't have a tax on free sex yet without queer marrages being legal so they will fight to overturn prop 8 and make all of those gay/queer/freaks happy .With those large contributions the Homosexuals dump into Atty.General Browns lap and the Governors coffers They must have quite a strong political clout with the Governor,the State Senate,the House and the Attorney General all jumped on the gay bandwaggon to overturn the peoples vote .

An interesting turn of events in that they don't like the vote so they decide to isolate and punish those who contributed or voted in favor of passage .Now they threaten physical harm to those who have been identified as having voted in favor even to publishing maps with their street locations indicated.All they need now is a notice to burn the indicated locations on command !

Constitutionally Speaking
01-17-2009, 04:02 PM
This town would vote for HITLER if he was registered as a democrat.

That pretty much describes most Dems.

They JUST voted for a person who isn't qualified to run a 7-11 who ALSO is thick with criminals and terrorists.

PoliCon
01-17-2009, 04:44 PM
That pretty much describes most Dems.

They JUST voted for a person who isn't qualified to run a 7-11 who ALSO is thick with criminals and terrorists.well you can't blame some of the people who voted for the man. The press did work overtime to present a marketing design impression of Barry centered on feelings and image rather than substance - and to make sure that America was ignorant of the facts surrounding the man. Poor fools thought they were buying a Cadillac - instead they got a Yugo.

Ree
01-17-2009, 06:21 PM
well you can't blame some of the people who voted for the man. The press did work overtime to present a marketing design impression of Barry centered on feelings and image rather than substance - and to make sure that America was ignorant of the facts surrounding the man. Poor fools thought they were buying a Cadillac - instead they got a Yugo.
or one of these; http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/ReeW/110-trabant.jpg