PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to f'in puke!

Full-Auto
01-20-2009, 12:21 PM
We've had no less than 5 emails this morning from various people/groups within our company telling us about the free lunch we'll get and time off to watch the inauguration today.

Here's the last one from our EVP of HR:

Alló

Please take a moment to watch Barack Obama sworn in as the 44th President of the United States.* You can watch it live on MSNBC live stream video at your desk.* Donít miss this historic moment!* He will be sworn in at 12:01 EST today, followed by a 15 minute acceptance speech!

Ok, thanks. I got it. I won't be in today.

Question: Would we be bombarded with free food and parties if McCain won?

linda22003
01-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Your HR person thinks an inaugural speech is an ACCEPTANCE speech? What kind of company do you work for, and why can't you find a better job??? :rolleyes:

AHeneen
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Please take a moment to watch Barack Obama sworn in as the 44th President of the United States.* You can watch it live on MSNBC live stream video at your desk.* Donít miss this historic moment!* He will be sworn in at 12:01 EST today, followed by a 15 minute acceptance speech!
Actually, he was sworn in at, like, 12:07. Not only can they not inaugurate the president on time, but it's currently 3:05 and the parade hasn't started (it was supposed to start at 2:30).

P.S. My prof. had the tv on during the swearing-in (there were only 6 of 30-something students even present, me being the only American) and then I have a couple of cousins in the UT band who are in the parade, so I though I'd watch it.

RobJohnson
01-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Actually, he was sworn in at, like, 12:07. Not only can they not inaugurate the president on time, but it's currently 3:05 and the parade hasn't started (it was supposed to start at 2:30).

P.S. My prof. had the tv on during the swearing-in (there were only 6 of 30-something students even present, me being the only American) and then I have a couple of cousins in the UT band who are in the parade, so I though I'd watch it.

Well there is a medical emergency.

MrsSmith
01-20-2009, 06:48 PM
We've had no less than 5 emails this morning from various people/groups within our company telling us about the free lunch we'll get and time off to watch the inauguration today.

Here's the last one from our EVP of HR:

Ok, thanks. I got it. I won't be in today.

Question: Would we be bombarded with free food and parties if McCain won?

Well, possibly...but they'd be throwing it, not serving it. :D

I feel for you...and for Mr. Smith. As a college instructor, he is surrounded by sore winners. Poor guy. :(

jinxmchue
01-21-2009, 10:21 AM

I hope you took them up on it. It will be the last free lunch you'll ever get. Well, unless you don't count the soup kitchens we'll be visiting when Mr. Obama and the Democrats drag this country into a second Great Depression.