PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Edward Kennedy has collapsed at a luncheon honoring President Obama

ralph wiggum
01-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Sen. Ted Kennedy collapses at inaugural lunch

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/POLITICS/01/20/inauguration.kennedy.collapse/art.kennedy.gi.jpg

Senator Ted Kennedy, D-Massachusetts, collapsed Tuesday afternoon during a luncheon held for President Barack Obama in the Capitol's Statuary Hall, a senator told CNN's Dana Bash.

Paramedics were called to the scene at 2:35 p.m. ET.

LINK (http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/inauguration.kennedy.collapse/index.html)

djones520
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Link forthcoming. Bizarre and conflicting reports so far on whether it was Kennedy or Byrd.

LINK (http://www.cnn.com/)

According to MSNBC they both did. Something in the food maybe? ;)

patriot45
01-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Link forthcoming. Bizarre and conflicting reports so far on whether it was Kennedy or Byrd.

LINK (http://www.cnn.com/)

From Drudge;

Kennedy and Byrd stricken at Obama lunch

Ted Kennedy was taken out of Barack Obama's Statuary Hall Congressional luncheon after suffering an apparent seizure -- a few minutes after Sen. Robert Byrd was removed in his wheelchair under the supervision of medical personnel.

"He was there when the voting rights act passedÖ.so I would be lying to you if I did not say that right now a part of me is with him, I think thatís true for all of us," Obama told dignitaries gathered at his lunch . "Itís a joyous time but itís also a sobering time..My prayers are with him and his family."

The pastor delivering the parting invocation offered a prayer for the Massachusetts Democrat and said he had "responded well" to medical personnel.

Byrd was conscious and had been having trouble eating, according to a witness.

Kennedy, who underwent brain cancer surgery last year, was taken to the Rayburn room after suffering an apparent convulsion during dessert, House officials told our Patrick O'Connor.

A police radio picked up a call for paramedics to help someone stricken with a seizure and Kennedy has been taken to a local hospital, O'Connor said. His condition isn't yet known.

AHeneen
01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Kennedy collapsed, Byrd just felt ill. I hope to see Kennedy go, royalty does not belong in our government & I would be glad to see him pass away.

biccat
01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Generally I have sympathy for anyone suffering.

Men who kill young women and walk away worrying about their political careers...not so much.

patriot45
01-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Kennedy collapsed, Byrd just felt ill. I hope to see Kennedy go, royalty does not belong in our government & I would be glad to see him pass away.

Speaking of royalty...

Royalty (http://www.nypost.com/seven/01192009/news/columnists/caroline_the_certain_pick_for_dave__riva_150822.ht m)

DESPITE claims that he's still undecided, Gov. Paterson is "certain" to pick Caroline Kennedy to replace Hillary Rodham Clinton in the US Senate, several unhappy contenders for the job have told friends and associates in recent days.

The contenders based their conclusion on the view that Paterson, after nearly two months of indecision, would "greatly embarrass" and "entirely humiliate" Kennedy, anger her prominent political family and even offend President-elect Barack Obama by picking someone other than President John F. Kennedy's daughter.

RobJohnson
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Maybe seeing a black man taking office was just too much for the ex-Klansman & his lunch came up?

Ree
01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Maybe seeing a black man taking office was just too much for the ex-Klansman & his lunch came up?
OK...I'm a terrible person...I laughed at that...:eek:

Space Gravy
01-20-2009, 04:02 PM
OK...I'm a terrible person...I laughed at that...:eek:

That makes two of us.

MoshMasterD
01-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Well, since they did it to Bush, all is fair in love and war.

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!!!!!!!

lacarnut
01-20-2009, 05:28 PM
You're just a class act today, aren't you? :rolleyes:

I get the feeling that he despises the Kennedy clan.

Lars1701a
01-20-2009, 05:37 PM

Nothing wrong with that. Its filled with rapists, killers and drug addicts.

Goldwater
01-20-2009, 05:38 PM
The "not trying to look like a right wing DU" is off to a great start...

linda22003
01-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Why go after me...DU's standard is far worse than anything I've said.

We try to be better. Hope that helps.

BadCat
01-20-2009, 06:31 PM
I hope they both don't die on the same day.

I was planning TWO parties, not just one.

Lars1701a
01-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I hope they both don't die on the same day.

I was planning TWO parties, not just one.

You could have two parties on successive weekends.

Ree
01-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Ok, maybe that was a bit harsh, but the point is that I'm sick of politicians waltzing around like they're entitled to something...and the these two are the epitome of royalty in this country, so I showed my disgust. Why go after me...DU's standard is far worse than anything I've said.
This isn't DU....DUH...

Sonnabend
01-21-2009, 06:59 AM
Aheneen: Knock it off.

Defiant1
01-21-2009, 07:22 AM
There's no video of this?

Odysseus
01-21-2009, 11:53 AM
That was my first thought.

It's as if somebody crossed the morals of the Borgias with the looks of the Osmonds and then seeded New England with the results.

jinxmchue
01-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Nothing wrong with that. Its filled with rapists, killers and drug addicts.

True, but I wouldn't ever wish cancer on any of them. I watched my dad waste away from cancer.

Lars1701a
01-21-2009, 01:54 PM
True, but I wouldn't ever wish cancer on any of them. I watched my dad waste away from cancer.

I dont think I wished cancer on them (being my mother is dying of it) I just said its alright to despise them.

But if they were to die in fiery car crash I wouldnt mind.

Sonnabend
01-22-2009, 03:40 AM
But if they were to die in fiery car crash I wouldnt mind.

I'd rather we left that kind of comment to DU.