05-30-2008, 12:30 PM
So are Pickeled Goat's Freckles,

Southern Fried Chicken Lips,

Armadillo Craw,

Kudzu Casserole,

Cream of Horny Little Sister Soup,

and Fire Ant Bellies.

I love Southern Cooking!

Actually, we call Armadillo "Possum on the half shell., and it's "Cream of Your Horny Little Sister soup."

Gern
05-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Actually, we call Armadillo "Possum on the half shell., and it's "Cream of Your Horny Little Sister soup."

Heh.

Just wait...The Hog Anus is an old CU joke.

Gator will bite, trust me.

...Both the thread and the anus.

gator
05-30-2008, 12:37 PM
So are Pickeled Goat's Freckles,

Southern Fried Chicken Lips,

Armadillo Craw,

Kudzu Casserole,

Cream of Horny Little Sister Soup,

and Fire Ant Bellies.

I love Southern Cooking!

Have you tried Hog Anus? It is very good.

Cream of Horny Little Sister Soup is some of the finest eating you will ever have.

Just because you don't know nothing about real food don't mean you have to make fun of us that do.

Gingersnap
05-30-2008, 12:47 PM
We really need somebody who can represent the Planked Salmon end of this discussion.

Gern
05-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Have you tried Hog Anus? It is very good.

Cream of Horny Little Sister Soup is some of the finest eating you will ever have.

Just because you don't know nothing about real food don't mean you have to make fun of us that do.

Real Men Eat Hog Anus

Hog Anus--The Other White Meat

:D

jendf
05-30-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm having a cheeseburger for dinner tonight.

Shannon
05-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I feel sick now. Thanks.

gator
05-30-2008, 01:11 PM

I don't know what kind of hog anus you are eating boy but the kind I eat is brown.

Rebel Yell
05-30-2008, 01:14 PM
I feel sick now. Thanks.

You should smell it being boiled. I am a proud southerner, I consider myself a southerner first and foremost. But I am not eating Chitlins or Possum.

Phillygirl
05-30-2008, 01:29 PM
I don't what kind of hog anus you are eating boy but the kind I eat is brown.

I think you're supposed to clean it first.

gator
05-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I think you're supposed to clean it first.

If you cover it in BBQ sauce what difference does it make if you clean it or not?

Phillygirl
05-30-2008, 01:45 PM
If you cover it in BBQ sauce what difference does it make if you clean it or not?

I tried to limit my daily intake of feces...barbecued or not.

megimoo
05-30-2008, 02:11 PM
I think you're supposed to clean it first.If you clean it you lose the 'tang' but for really fine eats thinly slice pan fried pig nuts beats all except for hog jowls on toast !

I Love Weird Meat

I’ve been buying various meats at the farmer’s market this summer: local organic natural beef from River Rock, that kind of thing. The farmers invariably have a bunch of coolers filled with ice packs and frozen packages of various items, set up in the shade, and the quality is absolutely fantastic. Really delicious meat.

Of course, being farmers who have the whole animal to sell, they have some odd bits as well as the usual steaks and ground beef and pork chops and sausage. And of course, being me, I always want to add one of the odd cuts because it sounds like a culinary adventure. And of course, being human, we eat the normal stuff first and then look in the freezer and find it full of less-common or harder-to-cook cuts.

Start with the five or ten pounds of short ribs and brisket and so forth, which just need long, slow braising. They’re great for cold weather, so we’ll hold off til then, but at least I know how to cook those things.

Then I get some weird things that don’t make a lot of sense, but which I just had to have at that moment. Like the six pounds of beef marrow bones, which you can’t really use for stock (not enough meat on them). You can really only do two things with them: roast them and serve them with toast and a very small knife (scoop out the gooey insides), or feed them to a dog. On the plus side, they were very cheap. I have no idea how to cook them, but I’ll learn, I guess. At least I have enough to try several times.

Same with the hog jowls (aka “pork cheeks”) I got this weekend. I snapped them up mostly because I remember Mario Batali using them and calling them guanciale. Well, when I got home I found out the difference: to get guanciale you have to be willing to hang your raw, salted jowls in a basement for six weeks, because it’s cured hog jowls. Basically, guanciale is to jowls as bacon is to pork belly. And all the other pork-cheek and hog-jowl recipes I can find are basically variations on using the jowls as a kind of bacon, and on them already being cured and/or smoked. snip
http://www.secretlyironic.com/?p=1690

DarkScribe
05-30-2008, 02:28 PM
What is this, a bizarre and disgusting Southern version of Bizarre Foods? Kidding...I love my Southern food, but I'll stick with my homemade beans, greens, cornbread and fried chicken and/or chicken-fried steak, thank you very much.

Damn, now I am hungry for that stuff...

Gern
05-30-2008, 02:33 PM
I tried pickled Chicken's Feet when I was in Korea. Had to drink a ton of Soju first to get brave enough.

I also tried Dog over there, to the bemusement of my Korean friends.

Tasted like greasy bacon.

patriot45
05-30-2008, 02:36 PM
You can douse it with this!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/hotsauceworld_2002_33506625.jpg

Hot Sauce ( Hot ): Hog's Ass Garlic Habanero Sauce $5.29
Hog's Ass Garlic Habanero Sauce. Made with Habanero peppers, cayenne peppers, vinegar, vegetable juice, garlic, sugar, salt, orange extract and absorbic acid. 5 oz. hogas ...

Gern
05-30-2008, 02:37 PM
You can douse it with this!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/hotsauceworld_2002_33506625.jpg

Hot Sauce ( Hot ): Hog's Ass Garlic Habanero Sauce $5.29
Hog's Ass Garlic Habanero Sauce. Made with Habanero peppers, cayenne peppers, vinegar, vegetable juice, garlic, sugar, salt, orange extract and absorbic acid. 5 oz. hogas ...

Pfhahahaha!

gator
05-30-2008, 02:38 PM
I tried pickled Chicken's Feet when I was in Korea. Had to drink a ton of Soju first to get brave enough.

I also tried Dog over there, to the bemusement of my Korean friends.

Tasted like greasy bacon.

My son has eaten some really wierd stuff over in Korea.

All this talk about BBQ Hog Anus has made me hungry for BBQ tonight. I thnk I will take the Mrs and go down to Smokey Bones for supper a little bit later on.

It really must suck for you to be living (if you want to call it that) where you are at.

Gern
05-30-2008, 02:47 PM
It really must suck for you to be living (if you want to call it that) where you are at.

What's the temperature down there today?

It's 72 and sunny here...I've got the doors to the store open. Too cool for any hornets, yet.

So, what's the weather in Tampa? Four gazillion degrees with a "feels like" humidity index of five gazillion degrees? I always loved the "feels like" caveat in the weather forecasts down there!

"The temperature is currently 90 degrees but it feels like 190 degrees"

Hey, here's a change...I hear it will downpour tomorrow afternoon. NO WAIT! It does that every day! OOPS...

gator
05-30-2008, 03:11 PM
What's the temperature down there today?

It's 72 and sunny here...I've got the doors to the store open. Too cool for any hornets, yet.

So, what's the weather in Tampa? Four gazillion degrees with a "feels like" humidity index of five gazillion degrees? I always loved the "feels like" caveat in the weather forecasts down there!

"The temperature is currently 90 degrees but it feels like 190 degrees"

Hey, here's a change...I hear it will downpour tomorrow afternoon. NO WAIT! It does that every day! OOPS...

Today is a great day in Central Florida. The sun is out and it is nice and warm and a little bit on the dry side.

I went out shooting at the range this morning and it was perfect. I didn't have to clear away the snow to set up the target.

I came home noonish and jumped in the pool. You won't be able to go into pools up where you live until what, August? Isn't your pool season about two weeks long up there?

After we leave the BBQ place tonight and come home we won't have to turn on the seat warmer in our car to keep from freezing to death before we can make it home.

Gern
05-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Today is a great day in Central Florida. The sun is out and it is nice and warm and a little bit on the dry side.

I went out shooting at the range this morning and it was perfect. I didn't have to clear away the snow to set up the target.

I came home noonish and jumped in the pool. You won't be able to go into pools up where you live until what, August? Isn't your pool season about two weeks long up there?

After we leave the BBQ place tonight and come home we won't have to turn on the seat warmer in our car to keep from freezing to death before we can make it home.

Lessee,

I can't remember what this is, a North Vs. South food thread, a North Vs. South weather thread...

Heh. Who cares, right? Just as long as it's North Vs. South.

Anyway,

we won't have to turn on the seat warmer in our car to keep from freezing to death before we can make it home.

Well, of course. Only a pussy Floridian with blood as thin as Kool Aid would need a seat warmer in New England in June!

I remember it snowed once when I was in Tampa. Just a dusting. They shut the whole city down...heh!

Rebel Yell
05-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Lessee,

I can't remember what this is, a North Vs. South food thread, a North Vs. South weather thread...

Heh. Who cares, right? Just as long as it's North Vs. South.

Anyway,

Well, of course. Only a pussy Floridian with blood as thin as Kool Aid would need a seat warmer in New England in June!

I remember it snowed once when I was in Tampa. Just a dusting. They shut the whole city down...heh!

I remember being in Chicago when it got bove 90. People died. We may shut down the town, but we survive the winter.

AlmostThere
05-30-2008, 04:27 PM
We really need somebody who can represent the Planked Salmon end of this discussion.

My wife did that on the grill last weekend. I did burgers and chicken for the kids and husbands. :D

Rebel Yell
05-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Best thing on the grill.....

Cut deer backstraps/tenderloins into bite size pieces
Season with meat tenderizer, season all, and lemon pepper
wrap in bacon, stick toothpick through meat
throw on grill (cover grill with tin foil)
let cook for 10 minutes or until good and crisp.

put that on top of your head and your tongue with beat your brains out trying to get to it.

gator
05-30-2008, 04:39 PM
My wife did that on the grill last weekend. I did burgers and chicken for the kids and husbands. :D

Planked Salmon is like the gayest of all foods.

It ain't BBQed, it ain't even really grilled. It just ain't anything and it is red in the middle. I mean fish suppose to be white inside, not red.

patriot45
05-30-2008, 04:42 PM

Hey when I did it Gator said I went gay!!!! But it was tasty!!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/plank011.jpg

gator
05-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey when I did it Gator said I went gay!!!! But it was tasty!!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/plank011.jpg

You don't cook food on a fence board. At least you don't where I come from.

Bubba Dawg
05-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Hog Anus or Chitlins. Easy to cook. Just put 'em in a pot and boil the shit out of 'em.

Once they are tender, cook as you like. Smoked anus is good, but smoke rings are considered gauche.

Shannon
05-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Hog Anus or Chitlins. Easy to cook. Just put 'em in a pot and boil the shit out of 'em.

Once they are tender, cook as you like. Smoked anus is good, but smoke rings are considered gauche.

Enough. This is absolutely disgusting.:(

Bubba Dawg
05-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Enough. This is absolutely disgusting.:(

If I could spell sheesh kabob you'd be in trouble.

Kabob seems fairly straighfoward. Sheesh.. Shish. she-ish.

Dang. This is hard.

AlmostThere
05-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Planked Salmon is like the gayest of all foods.

It ain't BBQed, it ain't even really grilled. It just ain't anything and it is red in the middle. I mean fish suppose to be white inside, not red.
Like I said, I did burgers and chicken for the kids and guys. :cool:

Bubba Dawg
11-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Bump.......:D

patriot45
11-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Hehe, a bump for hog anus!!

But that does remind me, its about time to cook a whole hog! Maybe next sunday.

Bubba Dawg
11-22-2008, 10:19 PM

Hey, if anybody can bump a thread on Hog Anus, it's a guy named Bubba....:D

Bubba Dawg
11-22-2008, 10:20 PM

Whole hog. I just got that. :D:D

Nubs
11-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Hog Anus - is it like a meat doughnut??

Bubba Dawg
11-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Hog Anus - is it like a meat doughnut??

Sort of. Deep fried it's crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside.

Celtic Rose
11-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Sort of. Deep fried it's crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside.

That does not sound appetizing, at all :cool:

Bongo55
11-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Real Men Eat Hog Anus

You can have my share.:)

Bubba Dawg
11-23-2008, 12:58 PM
That does not sound appetizing, at all :cool:

Well shoot Rose, you gotta have the right dippin' sauce.

Give it a chance. :D

Celtic Rose
11-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Well shoot Rose, you gotta have the right dippin' sauce.

Give it a chance. :D

I don't do "chewy" meat :p Meat should have the texture of a good steak, not chewy. ;)

marinejcksn
11-23-2008, 05:08 PM
This thread reminds me of someone...

http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0603/060203cletus.jpg

Bubba Dawg
11-23-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't do "chewy" meat :p Meat should have the texture of a good steak, not chewy. ;)

Aw Man. Bet you don't like chicken gizzards either.