PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice here...

medic92
01-21-2009, 09:45 PM
If I shorten "our lord and savior Obama" to just "OLS Obama" am I ok or am I committing blasphemy by not technically saying the whole thing?

SarasotaRepub
01-21-2009, 09:51 PM
If I shorten "our lord and savior Obama" to just "OLS Obama" am I ok or am I committing blasphemy by not technically saying the whole thing?

Wait...did you get a check from him already????

Awww man...:D

Bubba Dawg
01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
you left out 'blessed' :rolleyes::D

Gingersnap
01-21-2009, 10:04 PM

If you are Catholic, you're okay (precedent - BVM for Blessed Virgin Mary), if you are Protestant, you are out of luck, if you are Anglican, you can have a few drinks and think up a witty nickname. :D

megimoo
01-21-2009, 11:50 PM
If you are Catholic, you're okay (precedent - BVM for Blessed Virgin Mary), if you are Protestant, you are out of luck, if you are Anglican, you can have a few drinks and think up a witty nickname. :DEver the pragmatist BTW how's the older gentleman feeling ?

Ree
01-22-2009, 01:58 AM
OBLSOBAMA??? sounds like a med for bi-polar....

biccat
01-22-2009, 08:36 AM

I think it's supposed to be "Our lord and savior Obama, peace be upon him." But OLS Obama PBUH would be an appropriate abbreviation.

OLSBHOPBUH would also be acceptable.

linda22003
01-22-2009, 09:24 AM
If you are Catholic, you're okay (precedent - BVM for Blessed Virgin Mary), if you are Protestant, you are out of luck, if you are Anglican, you can have a few drinks and think up a witty nickname. :D

Actually, if you're Anglican, you can just have a few drinks. That covers any situation, from social to sacramental. :p

Gingersnap
01-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Ever the pragmatist BTW how's the older gentleman feeling ?

He's still sick but mobile. I don't think he has the flu - just some respiratory bug. They were talking about all various sicknesses going around on the radio this morning. :(