PDA

View Full Version : Waterboarding vs. water cure

Ringo
01-22-2009, 09:09 AM
If water cure torture is making a person drink lots of water.

And waterboarding is making them INHALE lots of water into their lungs.

Why is it torture to water cure, and not to waterboard ?

These are both versions of water torture, it seems the right wing wants to parse words to justify torture.

Personally, I would chose to drink the water rather than inhale the water into my lungs, but thats just me.

Sonnabend
01-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Actually, reading one of your posts is torture enough for all of us.

Constitutionally Speaking
01-22-2009, 09:37 AM

Actually using the same burdon of proof Ringo is using to convict Bush, I think we can start Ringo's trial tomorrow. - Hell, using his level of proof, we could skip the trial and make reservations for him at Gitmo (or wherever they MOVE Gitmo )!!!

djones520
01-22-2009, 09:55 AM

These are both versions of water torture, it seems the right wing wants to parse words to justify torture.

Personally, I would chose to drink the water rather than inhale the water into my lungs, but thats just me.

It's obvious you've never worked a strenous outdoor job in your life, otherwise you would know the dangers of over hydration.

There is no physical danger inherint in Water Boarding it is a psychological tool, nothing more. Water Cure can permanently injure and kill you quite easily.

As for your assertation that you inhale a lot of water through waterboarding, this is how the CIA does it.

Cellophane is wrapped over the prisoner's face and water is poured over him. Unavoidably, the gag reflex kicks in and a terrifying fear of drowning leads to almost instant pleas to bring the treatment to a halt.

According to the sources, CIA officers who subjected themselves to the water boarding technique lasted an average of 14 seconds before caving in.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigation/story?id=1322866

Explain to me how your inhaling water when your face is covered?

biccat
01-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Explain to me how your inhaling water when your face is covered?

Expect Ringo to leave this thread and start a new one, likely titled "Impeach Bush!" or some other nonsense. He ignores a thread and starts a new one as soon as you ask him questions that he can't answer, or would show his ideology to be based on nothing more than irrational hate of a man.

signalsgt
01-22-2009, 11:02 AM

If you want to volunteer to be the test subject, I will be glad to demonstrate the difference.

:D:p

Ree
01-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Can I show him what real torture is??? Cowboy has one of these:http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/ReeW/Moster_Box_10001.jpgfull of tools I'm dyin to get my hands on....;)

PoliCon
01-22-2009, 01:10 PM

you ain't kidd'n are ya! :rolleyes:

PoliCon
01-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Can I show him what real torture is??? Cowboy has one of these:http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/ReeW/Moster_Box_10001.jpgfull of tools I'm dyin to get my hands on....;)
can I watch? I'm betting you would be quite artful in your application of said tools. ;)

Zathras
01-22-2009, 02:05 PM

And why isn't this, and every other thread started by the DUmbass known as Ringo sent to the proper forum where it belongs?

Sonnabend
01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Thy wish is my command.

Ree
01-22-2009, 02:58 PM
can I watch? I'm betting you would be quite artful in your application of said tools. ;)
Sure...But if ya puke..I ain't cleanin it up...:D

PoliCon
01-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Sure...But if ya puke..I ain't cleanin it up...:DIf I puke - I'll puke on him - so there will be no need for clean up ;)

Zathras
01-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Thy wish is my command.

Thank you. After all, the DUmbass known as Ringo IS a Stupid Liberal.

Ree
01-22-2009, 05:58 PM
If I puke - I'll puke on him - so there will be no need for clean up ;)
Cool....Now do I have to gag him so ya'll can't hear the screams?:p

PoliCon
01-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Cool....Now do I have to gag him so ya'll can't hear the screams?:poh no. They will be sweet sweet music - and a breath of fresh air compared to their normal noise making . . . .

Ree
01-22-2009, 06:22 PM
oh no. They will be sweet sweet music - and a breath of fresh air compared to their normal noise making . . . .
Good....Now if I could just get Cowboy to give me the keys to the job box.....Why are ya guys so stingy with your tools?