PDA

View Full Version : Obama to lift restrictions on abortion funding

Sonnabend
01-23-2009, 01:52 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24956256-23109,00.html

By Matt Spetalnick

January 24, 2009 04:12am

US President Barack Obama will lift restrictions on U.S. government funding for groups that provide abortion services or counseling abroad, reversing a policy of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush, an administration official said.

"It will be today. He's going to make an executive order (lifting the global gag rule)," the official said.

The Democratic president's decision is a victory for advocates of abortion rights on an issue that in recent years has become a tit-for-tat policy change each time the White House shifts from one party to the other.

Sonnabend
01-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Queer marraige
Abortion funding
Gays in the military :rolleyes:

linda22003
01-23-2009, 02:03 PM
The Mexico City Policy is a political football that gets passed back and forth depending on the administration. It was enacted in 1984, approved by Reagan, and continued by Bush. Clinton reversed it on Jan. 22, 1993, and G.W. Bush reinstated it on Jan. 22, 2001. Now it's time for Obama to RE-reverse it.

tacitus
01-23-2009, 05:00 PM
So the dictatorship is off to a great start with 5 EO's in 3 days. Way to go Bammy.:cool:

lacarnut
01-23-2009, 05:14 PM
So the dictatorship is off to a great start with 5 EO's in 3 days. Way to go Bammy.:cool:

This turkey is just getting warmed up.:eek:

MrsSmith
01-23-2009, 07:13 PM
It seems like Democrats overwhelmingly rejoice in the murder of the innocent.

NavySquid
01-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Queer marraige
Abortion funding
Gays in the military :rolleyes:

We got a Bassaball Jones ... we got a Bassaball Jones ...

We got a Bassaball Jones for a president ...

We got a Bassaball Jones ...

If Libtards can scream that Bush is a Hitler then I can call the junior-Senator-wannabe-basketball player what he is:

"Present."

And that's about it.

buyer111us
01-23-2009, 09:09 PM
I admit I am in total shock and disbelief. Taxpayer money being given to International abortion groups. This is so far beyond my comprehension, why? Tell me why? This sickens me to no end. This just plain wrong, why can't people see this? If policies like this keep being adopted, something is going to have to give. Policies like this is pushing more and more Americans to radicalism. Dear God, what is going on.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090123/capt.880c4c852ee442849be18c85bdb4e0af.obama_whcd10 2.jpg?x=400&y=264&q=85&sig=zBuWgrzyRvLCtf_.ztai9A--

Baby Murderer in Chief

wilbur
01-23-2009, 11:41 PM
I admit I am in total shock and disbelief. Taxpayer money being given to International abortion groups. This is so far beyond my comprehension, why? Tell me why?
This sickens me to no end. This just plain wrong, why can't people see this? If policies like this keep being adopted, something is going to have to give. Policies like this is pushing more and more Americans to radicalism. Dear God, what is going on.

Baby Murderer in Chief

Taxpayer money isnt going to "abortion groups". Its going to hospitals and health care providers who also happen to provide the service of abortion. The spin on this is 100% false.

AmPat
01-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Taxpayer money isnt going to "abortion groups". Its going to hospitals and health care providers who also happen to provide the service of abortion. The spin on this is 100% false.

Let's zeroe in on your "spin." How much of OUR money is going toward international charnel houses? US taxpayer money is going toward the abortion factories overseas. How is that "spin?"

Let's put aside the favorite liberal tpic for a second and ask another question; Why is a single penny of US taxpayer money going to international charnel houses.

Why are our funds going to something I as a Christian am opposed to on moral grounds? Does this mean that I can petition for taxpayer funds to support my Church? Why not? Turnabout is fair play, right?:eek:

wilbur
01-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Let's zeroe in on your "spin." How much of OUR money is going toward international charnel houses? US taxpayer money is going toward the abortion factories overseas. How is that "spin?"

Let's put aside the favorite liberal tpic for a second and ask another question; Why is a single penny of US taxpayer money going to international charnel houses

Abortion Factories? Jesus....

Bush's policies denied funding to many centers that provided ALL SORTS OF MEDICAL SERVICES. Sort of like the stem cell research funding cuts, removed ALL funding from labs that had any stem cell research what-so-ever... even if they didnt use the federal money on stem cell projects.

The dishonesty here is simply getting absurd.

Why are our funds going to something I as a Christian am opposed to on moral grounds? Does this mean that I can petition for taxpayer funds to support my Church? Why not? Turnabout is fair play, right?:eek:

why is my money going to faith based initiatives?

AmPat
01-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Abortion Factories? Jesus....

Bush's policies denied funding to many centers that provided ALL SORTS OF MEDICAL SERVICES.

The dishonesty here is simply getting absurd.

why is my money going to faith based initiatives?

How is the former President responsicle for Obama's EO?
What faith based initiatives/ The kind who do the same good that you are defending in the Obama abortion factories? :rolleyes: I don't object to medical care, I object to my money going to these agencies who benefit from MY money while executing babies between immunization sessions.

wilbur
01-24-2009, 12:39 AM
How is the former President responsicle for Obama's EO?
What faith based initiatives/ The kind who do the same good that you are defending in the Obama abortion factories? :rolleyes: I don't object to medical care, I object to my money going to these agencies who benefit from MY money while executing babies between immunization sessions.

I object to withholding funds to medical centers that need them... for providing a range of treatments and services, on the grounds that they offer a service that is completely legal here in the US.

AmPat
01-24-2009, 12:49 AM
I object to withholding funds to medical centers that need them... for providing a range of treatments and services, on the grounds that they offer a service that is completely legal here in the US.

May I IM you the address to my Church to which you may write your personal check. Oh, they oppose killing babies.:rolleyes:

wilbur
01-24-2009, 12:52 AM
May I IM you the address to my Church to which you may write your personal check. Oh, they oppose killing babies.:rolleyes:

They probably already get my tax money.

AmPat
01-24-2009, 01:01 AM
They probably already get my tax money.

Care to explain this?

Look, I know you have no problem with abortion. For that, I'm sad for you. I don't receive nor do I want or demand taxpayer money to support my belief in Jesus Christ. I also don't want my money going to something I am opposed to on moral grounds. I don't want to share in the guilt on judgement day in funding what I see as legalized murder. Murder for no better reason than reversing my indiscretion and lack of planning. I want to ask you a question. What would you think about our government giving taxpayer money to Christian Churches. I'm thinking the atheists would have the Anti- Christian- Liberal - Union (ACLU) slap a lawsuit on immediately.

wilbur
01-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Care to explain this?

Look, I know you have no problem with abortion. For that, I'm sad for you. I don't receive nor do I want or demand taxpayer money to support my belief in Jesus Christ. I also don't want my money going to something I am opposed to on moral grounds. I don't want to share in the guilt on judgement day in funding what I see as legalized murder. Murder for no better reason than reversing my indiscretion and lack of planning. I want to ask you a question. What would you think about our government giving taxpayer money to Christian Churches. I'm thinking the atheists would have the Anti- Christian- Liberal - Union (ACLU) slap a lawsuit on immediately.

If you want to object to sending US funds to medical centers, hospitals and the like overseas, go for it.

If we decide humanitarian aid is worth our while to do, we have no business cowtowing to every religious objection to one particular service those centers may provide.

There are religious folk who think any medicine is a sin, and we should all be healed by prayer. Should funds be with held from any and all medical centers because they actually try to cure people through other means that disagree with their morality?

JenT
01-24-2009, 02:00 AM

Let's put aside the favorite liberal tpic for a second and ask another question; Why is a single penny of US taxpayer money going to international charnel houses.

I so agree, and have been sick to my tummy ever since Obama gave his speech.

I had no idea it would be this tough.

With all the references to God at his inauguration, for a moment I thought, great, maybe he's a closet Christian? Nope. The whole time he was probably thinking, "Hang with me libs, this is all just for show"

AmPat
01-24-2009, 02:14 AM
If you want to object to sending US funds to medical centers, hospitals and the like overseas, go for it.

If we decide humanitarian aid is worth our while to do, we have no business cowtowing to every religious objection to one particular service those centers may provide.

There are religious folk who think any medicine is a sin, and we should all be healed by prayer. Should funds be with held from any and all medical centers because they actually try to cure people through other means that disagree with their morality?

Let's at least trya little harder than this to appear as noble as you're attempting. You see, you are missing the very point of hospitals. Hospitals are to make people who are sick, well. They assist the living with living longer. They ease the pain and suffering of people with disease and injury to either get well or live more comfortably until the end. Hospitals and the funding of hospitals with taxpayer money is NOT a legitimate recipient of that money for ELECTIVE PROCEDURES. Please don't bring that fake argument here under the guise of humanitarian assistance. We give PLENTY to legitimate humanitarian assistance organizations.

Abortions kill more than the intended target, the procedure has been known to kill the patient also. I don't see how you can link abortion and humanitarian assistance with a straight face.

Lars1701a
01-24-2009, 05:54 AM

People like you disgust me, in one breath you screech "its my body keep your hands off it" but then you turn around and expect me to help pay for abortions. If you want to keep it legal then YOU pay for it. If you want to fund hospitals tell them to provide abortions else were. You cant have it both ways partner.

buyer111us
01-24-2009, 11:32 AM

Yes Wilbur I object to US Taxpayer money going overseas to help others when people are in need here. I object that the money is also used for abortions by Baby Murder Incorporated headed by the President. People like you voted for this Chicago Political Party criminal and many Americans are getting tired of the crap from the left.

tacitus
01-24-2009, 12:02 PM
The notion that tax dollars are funding foreign medical centers is just a red herring. More improtant why should we be funding foreign medical centers when the UN is taking tax dollars to provide medical care? Should we be financing the UN and hospitals around the world? Hell no.

article (http://www.prolifealliance.com/taxpayer%20funding%20of%20abortion.htm)

One of the first bills introduced in the new Democrat-controlled Congress was the grossly misnamed "Prevention First Act" [S. 21 (http://www.prolifealliance.com/S.21%20Prevention%20First%20Act.pdf) / H.R. 819 (http://www.prolifealliance.com/H.R.819%20Prevention%20First%20Act.pdf)]. Knowing full well that taxpayer-funded abortion is a huge political liability, pro-abortion forces in Congress have attempted to hoodwink voters by falsly claiming that this legislation is meant to prevent abortions. In reality, this bill is nothing more than a shameful attempt to hand over a blank check to abortion providers like Planned Parenthood.
Among the outrageous provisions of the bill are:

An increase in funding under Title X, raising the taxpayers' tab to $700 MILLION in direct funding for abortion providers like Planned Parenthood in 2008 alone.
Direct taxpayer funding to pay for abortions obtained by Medicaid recipients.
Mandate that insurance companies cover abortion procedures, thus forcing policyholders to directly fund the killing of the unborn.
Penalization of doctors who follow their conscience and refuse to prescribe abortive drugs.
A $10 MILLION marketing campaign to promote the newest line of deadly abortive drugs paid for by taxpayers.

While its proponents falsely claim that the bill would prevent abortions, it specifically prohibits funding for programs that promote abstinence among teenagers.

article (http://onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=396898)

Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., called it "morally wrong to take the taxpayer dollars of millions of pro-life Americans to promote abortion around the world."

"President Obama not long ago told the American people that he would support policies to reduce abortions, but today he is effectively guaranteeing more abortions by funding groups that promote abortion as a method of population control," said Douglas Johnson, legislative director of the National Right to Life Committee.

In a related move, Obama also said he would restore funding to the U.N. Population Fund (UNFPA).

The Bush administration had barred U.S. money from the fund, contending that its work in China supported a Chinese family planning policy of coercive abortion and involuntary sterilization.