PDA

View Full Version : AP IMPACT: Freedom looms for terrorist

Zathras
01-24-2009, 07:44 PM
AP IMPACT: Freedom looms for terrorist

NEW YORK – In 1973, a young terrorist named Khalid Duhham Al-Jawary entered the United States and quickly began plotting an audacious attack in New York City.

He built three powerful bombs — bombs powerful enough to kill, maim and destroy — and put them in rental cars scattered around town, near Israeli targets.

The plot failed. The explosive devices did not detonate, and Al-Jawary fled the country, escaping prosecution for nearly two decades — until he was convicted of terrorism charges in Brooklyn and sentenced to 30 years in federal penitentiary.

But his time is up.

In less than a month, the 63-year-old Al-Jawary is expected to be released. He will likely be deported; where to is anybody's guess. The shadowy figure had so many aliases it's almost impossible to know which country is his true homeland.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090124/ap_on_re_us/mystery_terrorist

Now is it just me or do other people think that this piece of shit is going to pick up where he left off with his terrorist activites the moment he lands in whatever country they deport him to?

tacitus
01-24-2009, 07:59 PM
I would not be surprised if he did resume where he left off. I guess the lunatic left thinks he has been rehabilitated. :rolleyes:

wiegenlied
01-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Releasing Gitmo's detainees and sending them back home has its own peril...

jeskibuff
01-25-2009, 09:14 AM
NEW YORK In 1973, a young terrorist named Khalid Duhham Al-Jawary entered the United States and quickly began plotting an audacious attack in New York City.Well if cowboy Bush had never invaded Iraq, he wouldn't have plotted such revenge. It's all America's fault.

[/DU mode]

Moon
01-25-2009, 09:31 AM
This case makes me ill, and is a perfect example of why treating terrorists like common criminals is a really bad idea. I wrote about this case to my congresscritters, urging them to not let the war on terror become the Keystone Kops on terror.

ljswisc
01-25-2009, 10:12 AM
I would not be surprised if he did resume where he left off. I guess the lunatic left thinks he has been rehabilitated. :rolleyes:

Well he's still got all those virgins to look forward to! ;) I'm sure 30 years in prison didn't change his religious views. :rolleyes:

Moon
01-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Well he's still got all those virgins to look forward to! ;) I'm sure 30 years in prison didn't change his religious views. :rolleyes:

He didn't serve 30 years in prison. He was convicted in 1993, and has received credit for time served, and good behavior. That should make your blood boil.

jeskibuff
01-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Well he's still got all those virgins to look forward to! ;) I'm sure 30 years in prison didn't change his religious views. :rolleyes:But perhaps after 30 years in prison, now he won't even mind if the virgins turn out to be MALE!

Moon
01-25-2009, 10:25 AM
But perhaps after 30 years in prison, now he won't even mind if the virgins turn out to be MALE!

He was sentenced to 30 years, but only served a bit more than half of that.

jeskibuff
01-25-2009, 10:31 AM
He was sentenced to 30 years, but only served a bit more than half of that.Still...15 years in prison could have an influence on your sexual orientation!

Moon
01-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Still...15 years in prison could have an influence on your sexual orientation!

I'm much more concerned about a convicted terrorist getting out of prison early for good behavior. What a joke!

jeskibuff
01-25-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm much more concerned about a convicted terrorist getting out of prison early for good behavior. What a joke!I don't like the idea either, but you're spoiling my little joke, Moon! :D

Moon
01-25-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't like the idea either, but you're spoiling my little joke, Moon! :D

Sorry, bud. I just don't see the humor in this situation at all.

jeskibuff
01-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Sorry, bud. I just don't see the humor in this situation at all.For the next 4 years our only option is to laugh at the insanity that we'll be witnessing, lest we too become inmates of the asylum.