PDA

View Full Version : Time to bring Obama up on war crimes charges?

Sonnabend
01-25-2009, 11:10 AM
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090125/D95U5GUO1.html

Afghan president: US forces killed 16 civilians

Jan 25, 7:13 AM (ET)

By JASON STRAZIUSO and RAHIM FAIEZ

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - President Hamid Karzai condemned a U.S. operation he said killed 16 Afghan civilians, while hundreds of villagers denounced the American military during an angry demonstration Sunday.

Karzai said the killing of innocent Afghans during U.S. military operations "is strengthening the terrorists."

Time to investigate, maybe? Thats the cry we hear from the DUmp all the time,

He also announced that his Ministry of Defense sent Washington a draft technical agreement that seeks to give Afghanistan more oversight over U.S. military operations. The same letter has also been sent to NATO headquarters.

Karzai in recent weeks has increasingly lashed out at his Western backers over the issue of civilian casualties, even as U.S. politicians and a top NATO official have publicly criticized Karzai for the slow pace of progress here.

Poor Obambi....I guess he wont get any lollipops this week....

hampshirebrit
01-25-2009, 12:04 PM
That's President Obama to you (by your own rules, which you stated you would abide by).

I guess commitments made by you have no real value.

Moon
01-25-2009, 12:10 PM
No. It was ridiculous when it was threatened against Bush, and it's ridiculous now.

Phillygirl
01-25-2009, 12:19 PM
I have been wondering how this news will play out. On at least one other board I've seen a startling lack of interest. Maybe there has been an epiphany and people realize that sometimes innocent people get killed during a war. That's part of why War sucks.

Moon
01-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I have been wondering how this news will play out. On at least one other board I've seen a startling lack of interest. Maybe there has been an epiphany and people realize that sometimes innocent people get killed during a war. That's part of why War sucks.

It's amazing that that epiphany only occurred after January 20th, 2009.

Phillygirl
01-25-2009, 12:22 PM

Water into wine, Moon.

Moon
01-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Water into wine, Moon.

Realization comes slowly and begrudgingly to some folks.

jinxmchue
01-25-2009, 07:04 PM

There was no epiphany. It's called hypocrisy.

Moon
01-25-2009, 07:13 PM
There was no epiphany. It's called hypocrisy.

Meh. It's some word that ends in a 'y'.

PoliCon
01-25-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm certian that you all will link to any DU thread where they rant and rave about Barry's war crimes - right?