PDA

View Full Version : This time, Warner's wife is ready for the limelight

CueSi
01-28-2009, 12:34 PM
This time, Warner's wife is ready for the limelight

by Craig Harris - Jan. 28, 2009 12:00 AM

The Arizona Republic

EXCERPT:

As her husband leads another improbable team to this Sunday's Super Bowl, Brenda Warner has been thrust into the spotlight again.

It's not something she sought or desired. The last time it happened, she got burned.

But there was no way to dodge it, especially after her husband, Kurt Warner, sought her out for a post-game embrace after his Arizona Cardinals won the NFC Championship and will play in Super Bowl XLIII. Cameras captured that moment, and shortly after, the quarterback choked up - twice - during a news conference when talking about his wife.

"None of this feels as good unless you can share it with someone. I get to share it with my best friend and the person I'm in love with, and that happens to be my wife," Warner said later. "We have done this together . . . and I wouldn't do it with anyone else."

Brenda Warner's journey, however, hasn't been easy, but she feels much more ready for the limelight this time around.

With her then-spiky short hair and long manicured nails, her looks and bright-blue outfit with a boa were picked apart when Kurt led the upstart St. Louis Rams to victory in Super Bowl XXXIV nine years ago.

The Rest of the Story (http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2009/01/28/20090128biz-brendawarner0128.html)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I remember Brenda Warner when Kurt won the SB for the Rams... She is one of the first NFL wives I ever said this of- - Send HER on the field! She's always been a tough cookie, then again, I'd expect nothing less from a former Marine.

~QC