PDA

View Full Version : Blago Go Bye-Bye!! Impeached.

asdf2231
01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2009/01/29/59-0_senate_vote_removes_blagojevich

59-0 Senate vote removes Blagojevich
By The Associated Press
Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:56 PM CDT

SPRINGFIELD (AP) Rod Blagojevich is no longer Illinois' governor.

Blagojevich was ousted from office Thursday by the Illinois Senate, which found him guilty of abusing his power. The Senate action means Lt. Gov. Patrick Quinn immediately becomes governor.

All 59 state senators voted to convict Blagojevich of abuse of power.

Don't let the door hitcha Rod. :eek:

asdf2231
01-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Updated:

Senate removes Blagojevich, bans him from holding office
By The Associated Press
Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:11 PM CDT

SPRINGFIELD (AP) Gov. Rod Blagojevich was convicted at his impeachment trial and thrown out of office Thursday, ending a nearly two-month crisis that erupted with his arrest on charges he tried to sell Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat.

Blagojevich becomes the first U.S. governor in more than 20 years to be removed by impeachment.

After a four-day trial, the Illinois Senate voted 59-0 to convict him on the broad charge of abuse of power, then again to disqualify him from ever again holding office in Illinois.

Under state law, the verdict instantly removed Blagojevich, a second-term Democrat schooled in the bare-knuckle politics of the Chicago Machine.

Democratic Lt. Gov. Patrick Quinn, one of his critics, automatically became governor.

Senators rose to applaud Illinois Supreme Court Chief Justice Thomas Fitzgerald, who presided over the trial, after he signed the order removing Blagojevich.

SarasotaRepub
01-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Good for the state of Illinois!

Now Blago can go on Oprah or something...:rolleyes::D

asdf2231
01-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Good for the state of Illinois!

Now Blago can go on Oprah or something...:rolleyes::D

Or SOMETHING..

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/Motivational/jailsoap.jpg

submarinepainter
01-29-2009, 07:26 PM
see ya later you turd!

SaintLouieWoman
01-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Those dem politicians can't stop spouting off the same old crud. He's still saying he'll "fight for the people of Illinois". Right, particularly since the vote was 59-0 to bar him from ever holding office in the state.

It's a common affliction of all pols. They get on one track and they keep going and going and going, just like that Eveready Bunny. :D

Moon
01-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Well, I guess the next most corrupt Democrat in line gets to be Governor of Illinois now.

lacarnut
01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Blago got steam-rolled by his own party. He was an embarrassment to Obama, Chicago, the state and the Democrats so he got thrown under the bus. Not that I have any sympathy for him but most politicians sell out to those that make contributions to their campaigns. He was just brazen and stupid about it. Politicians may start out with good intention but then they get this sense of entitlement and hunger for power. I have never heard of a politician of major importance that is poorer when he comes out of office than when he went in. I feel like many politicians in DC are just as crooked as Blago. Those include Bill and Hillary, Rangel, Jefferson, Geithneir, Jessie, grease-ball Al and a host of Repubs also.

Mythic
01-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Finally that pathetic pile of slime is gone. Even if he didn't ever commit any wrong doing in his life, he would still be a slime because he looks and talks and acts like a slime. I can't stand him!

lacarnut
01-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Finally that pathetic pile of slime is gone. Even if he didn't ever commit any wrong doing in his life, he would still be a slime because he looks and talks and acts like a slime. I can't stand him!

I wish he would have stayed around to muck up the Democratic party and Obama a few months longer. If he has any dirt on Obama's staff or other Democraps, he might wind up like Vince Foster. I am also hoping that Blago's trial lasts a long time. Now that he has been impeached, his trial and other problems will not be front page news anymore. The liberal media will see to that.

AHeneen
01-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Or SOMETHING..

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/Motivational/jailsoap.jpg

Jail time? Are you f---ing kidding me? This man will be acquitted or pardoned before he sees any jail time. Someone in Chicago will feel sorry for the man and get Obama (I do believe these were federal crimes, right?) to pardon him or slip something into a bill in Congress. If this man ever does get time, I guarantee he'll be out in no more than a month or two.

biccat
01-30-2009, 08:56 AM
59-0 Senate vote removes Blagojevich
By The Associated Press
Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:56 PM CDT

SPRINGFIELD (AP) Democrat Rod Blagojevich is no longer Illinois' governor.

Blagojevich was ousted from office Thursday by the Illinois Senate, which found him guilty of abusing his power. The Senate action means Lt. Gov. Patrick Quinn immediately becomes governor.

All 59 state senators voted to convict Blagojevich of abuse of power.

Strange that the sneaky fact of party affiliation never seems to make it into AP articles when it's a Democrat scandal.

RobJohnson
01-30-2009, 11:40 AM
WLS-AM (Chicago) had both Pat Quinn & former Gov. Jim Edgar as guests on the morning show.

I think Gov. Quinn will be a breath of fresh air for Illinois and he sounds dedicated to making IL look like a good place to do business for IL businesses. Edgar (R) was one of the most loved governers of all time in IL and sounds like Gov Quinn used to work with him.

Hopefully this is a fresh start for Illinois.

snuglet
01-30-2009, 12:03 PM
WLS-AM (Chicago) had both Pat Quinn & former Gov. Jim Edgar as guests on the morning show.

I think Gov. Quinn will be a breath of fresh air for Illinois and he sounds dedicated to making IL look like a good place to do business for IL businesses. Edgar (R) was one of the most loved governers of all time in IL and sounds like Gov Quinn used to work with him.

Hopefully this is a fresh start for Illinois.

I was listening to Jerry Agar last night for the swearing in and commentary. I love Agar! Quinn is still a Democrat, but a step in the right direction at this point in time!

I too loved Edgar and if Quinn can bring business and revenue back to IL, then great! The state is just about bankrupt.

snuglet
01-30-2009, 12:04 PM
I wish he would have stayed around to muck up the Democratic party and Obama a few months longer. If he has any dirt on Obama's staff or other Democraps, he might wind up like Vince Foster. I am also hoping that Blago's trial lasts a long time. Now that he has been impeached, his trial and other problems will not be front page news anymore. The liberal media will see to that.

Oh, there's still time. He still has to go through a trial on the federal charges, and when sentencing is on the table, he'll hopefully sing like a bird.

AmPat
01-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Good riddance Bonehead.

Odysseus
01-31-2009, 09:00 AM
Good riddance Bonehead.

Don't you mean "hair helmet?"

Bubba Dawg
01-31-2009, 10:16 AM
I wonder if he can collect unemployment? I mean, it is Illinois. :D