PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl!!

AHeneen
01-31-2009, 11:04 PM
So we've seen the analysis and trash talk (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=10262), now it's time to focus our attention on the game (less than 24 hours to go!!). It will be clear & cool (low 60s/high 50s (http://www.accuweather.com/us/fl/tampa/33601/city-weather-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&u=1&traveler=1)) for the game...no snow. The preparations for the game are lookin good: both the security (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=10767&highlight=Super+Bowl) and the entertainment. (But for me, of course, the important highlight is Dungy's return to the area for book signings! (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=8331719&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1) :D)

What do you think the final score will be (realistic, no ridiculous "smack talk" scores)? What will be the deciding factor for each team? How do you think the game will progress (like: X will start well, then Y will come back after half time, the 4Q will be even, X will win in the last minute)?

I'll go with 33-29 Cardinals. Since I don't really care for (thus not very familiar with) either team playing, I can't say how it will go, but I'm lookin' forward to a good game.

SarasotaRepub
02-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Congrats to The Steelers!!!! WOOT!!!! :D

SLW isn't pleased. :mad::D

I wanted the Steelers...

newshutr
02-01-2009, 10:18 PM
oh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:d:d:d:d

PoliCon
02-02-2009, 12:18 AM
oh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:d:d:d:dSIX. What more is there to say?? :cool:

Shannon
02-02-2009, 12:30 AM
SIX. What more is there to say?? :cool:

No undefeated season?:p

lacarnut
02-02-2009, 12:31 AM
It was an exciting game that went down to wire. Even though my team did not win, they playged a good game and beat the spread.

newshutr
02-02-2009, 12:39 AM
No undefeated season?:p

You mean back when you were 40?

linda22003
02-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Even for this non-sports-fan, it was an edge of the seat game all the way.

Lars1701a
02-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Where is poli? thought he would be crowing by now. :mad:

Looks like they squeaked away with another one :mad:

Shannon
02-02-2009, 08:42 AM
I especially liked when the old man thanked Obama.

PoliCon
02-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Where is poli? thought he would be crowing by now. :mad:

Looks like they squeaked away with another one :mad:crowing? I'm no raven. :cool: I'm a STILLERS FAN!! We twirl our towels and laugh at buzzard fans! :cool:

PoliCon
02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I especially liked when the old man thanked Obama.

yea - Dan is a diehard dem like most of the old people here in Pittsburgh. The dems bought this city during the depression and these idiots don't have the sense to realize that the dems are giving it to them up the ass. :rolleyes:

Lars1701a
02-02-2009, 03:25 PM
At least the owner of the Eagles is no overt Obama fan :rolleyes:

You are a traitor supporting obama (by paying money to the owner of the steelers)

Lars1701a
02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
The queelers got off lucky again by not playing to best team in the NFC. like I said enjoy it.

linda22003
02-02-2009, 03:45 PM
The queelers got off lucky again by not playing to best team in the NFC. like I said enjoy it.

You're right, they should enjoy it. They're the superior team, your bad-loser namecalling notwithstanding.

gator
02-02-2009, 03:48 PM
That was a commiefest last night.

That dickhead Bruce Springsteen is about as commie as they come. I watched a couple of minutes of his hate America slugfest and then had to throw up.

Remember also that none of those jackasses playing the friggin game last night chose to serve in the military after 911. They were too busy being selfish pricks to serve their country during a time of war. Sure, the NFL makes them stand still during the playing of the National Anthem but most of them canít even do that. The NFL also makes them do some pathetic charity event each year but when it came time to actually serve their country they chose to let other people do it for them so they can make a million bucks a year playing a stupid game and conning other morons into paying $10 for a beer and $50 for a shirt.

If they were real men they would have served their country in the war.

Lars1701a
02-02-2009, 03:48 PM
You're right, they should enjoy it. They're the superior team, your bad-loser namecalling notwithstanding.

Listen spelling nazi (who would not know a football if it hit you in the head) I dont give a shit what you say but the bottom line is they didn't play the best team in the NFC period. They played a 9-7 team and barely won. They were supposed to blow them out and didnt cover the spread.

linda22003
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
They were supposed to blow them out and didnt cover the spread.

Oh, now I understand. You lost money on the game. :D

Lars1701a
02-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh, now I understand. You lost money on the game. :D

No, I dont bet on games I don't give a shit about. I didnt even watch the game.

On edit: I would have bet on the cards and won money. I would never, ever bet for the stinking queelers.

Lars1701a
02-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Remember what Stalin said "One death is a tragedy a million is just a statistic" So they got another one.:D

Rebel Yell
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
That was a commiefest last night.

That dickhead Bruce Springsteen is about as commie as they come. I watched a couple of minutes of his hate America slugfest and then had to throw up.

Remember also that none of those jackasses playing the friggin game last night chose to serve in the military after 911. They were too busy being selfish pricks to serve their country during a time of war. Sure, the NFL makes them stand still during the playing of the National Anthem but most of them canít even do that. The NFL also makes them do some pathetic charity event each year but when it came time to actually serve their country they chose to let other people do it for them so they can make a million bucks a year playing a stupid game and conning other morons into paying $10 for a beer and $50 for a shirt.

If they were real men they would have served their country in the war.

Did you watch the game, or just the Haltime Show?

gator
02-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Did you watch the game, or just the Haltime Show?

I watched a little bit of the game but not much.

Lars1701a
02-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I have to agree with gator (throws up a bit) the halftime show was prolly revolting. I have never seen a singer rise to such heights and not be able to carry a tune in a sack.

That being said, hey gator you do know what Volunteer Military means? I bet they pay more in taxes to support the service in one year then you will do in your entire life.

Rebel Yell
02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
I have to agree with gator (throws up a bit) the halftime show was prolly revolting. I have never seen a singer rise to such heights and not be able to carry a tune in a sack.

That being said, hey gator you do know what Volunteer Military means? I bet they pay more in taxes to support the service in one year then you will do in your entire life.

I watched the Puppy Bowl at Halftime. Puppy Bowl is awesomely stupid.

Lars1701a
02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
I watched the Puppy Bowl at Halftime. Puppy Bowl is awesomely stupid.

DAMMIT I missed the puppy bowl? :(

who won?

I remember years ago they had some halftime show on a channel that had broads in their underpants playing football. I loved that show :D

Calif Cowgirl
02-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Great game down to the wire!

Half-time show was HORRID! Springstein was not even in tune the first 2 songs, and barely on the 3rd. Horrible show...even Prince did a better job!

gator
02-02-2009, 07:16 PM

It is not about a requirement to serve nor is it about paying money. It is about character.

Pat Tillman had it and those silly clowns on the field last night didnít have it.

Watching a NFL game is no different than watching the Radio City Rocketts except the Rocketts are better looking. It is only entertainment. It is not like it serious or even important although it does generate serious money for some millionaires. Nobody really gives a shit who wins or loses except for a handful of players, owners and coaches. The rest of America have mostly forgot who even played last night by this time.

lacarnut
02-03-2009, 12:28 AM

Half-time show was HORRID! Springstein was not even in tune the first 2 songs, and barely on the 3rd. Horrible show...even Prince did a better job!

I watched the whole game but 10 seconds of Springstein was enough for me. I never thought he could sing worth a damn. Even a raspy voice singer like Joe Cocker is better.

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
At least the owner of the Eagles is no overt Obama fan :rolleyes:

You are a traitor supporting obama (by paying money to the owner of the steelers) Lets not forget that one of the biggest fans of the Steelers is Rush Limbaugh. I'm in good company.:p

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Reaaly? Cause they seem to have been the NFC Champions. I guess the best team in the NFC is a bunch of sissies since they LOST to a team like the cardinals . . . .

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 08:17 AM

He's a Buzzards fan. They don't know how to be anything BUT sore losers.

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 08:20 AM

How could he be in tune? the old fart needed an oxygen feed desperately!! :rolleyes:

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 08:21 AM
It is not about a requirement to serve nor is it about paying money. It is about character.

Pat Tillman had it and those silly clowns on the field last night didnít have it.

Watching a NFL game is no different than watching the Radio City Rocketts except the Rocketts are better looking. It is only entertainment. It is not like it serious or even important although it does generate serious money for some millionaires. Nobody really gives a shit who wins or loses except for a handful of players, owners and coaches. The rest of America have mostly forgot who even played last night by this time.

Not here they haven't. It's been a serious boon to the local economy. :)

gator
02-03-2009, 01:44 PM

A "boon" to one economy means the money is lost to another economy. It is just a redistribution of the entertainment dollar from one market to another. Nothing is really created.

Why do you really give a shit who wins? You donít own the team nor are you employed by them. You have no real connection. Why do you really care? Do the Steelers winning somehow make you personally Number One, even if you never played the game? Are you part of the winning team because you watch them play and maybe give them money through tickets or merchandise?

Without looking at the roster I doubt there are not more than one or two players on the team that is from the Pittsburg area so that mean you donít even have geographical bragging rights. It is a team made of people willing to play for the most money offered to them. It is only a business.

You also have to understand the transitory nature of sports. Just because you win today donít mean you will win tomorrow. For instance, for several years the Miami Dolphins were the best team in football and for several years they were the worst. In other words it really doesnít mean anything to win except that a team may increase revenues that year.

I understand that people enjoy watching sports because it provides an entertainment value. Since they canít play themselves they try to create a connection with the team and somehow pretend that they are part of the team effort. I understand why people do but I also understand it is all a dream and is not real.

To me professional sports are too expensive for the product received. I have gone to a few Tampa Bay Bucís games but it has always been when the tickets were free. It has never been worth very much of my own money, even when they were winning.

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 02:16 PM
He's a Buzzards fan. They don't know how to be anything BUT sore losers.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser, General George S Patton

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM

Well that sewer they call shitsburgh can use every penny they can get.:p

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Reaaly? Cause they seem to have been the NFC Champions. I guess the best team in the NFC is a bunch of sissies since they LOST to a team like the cardinals . . . .

Um yes even though the cards won the NFC does not mean they are the best, just the luckiest.

From what I heard (didnt watch the game) you needed 45 yards in penalties to help you lol

oh boy its going to eat me for some time not that they won the SB but what would have happened if a real Defense went up against that crummy O-line :p

Like I said its better to be lucky then good.

newshutr
02-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Wow...if I didn't know better, I'd think gator was ghey.

gator
02-03-2009, 05:40 PM

I think it is more obvious that you are gay if you sit in front of your TV and drool over a bunch of big Black men bumping into each other and then dancing about it, don't you think?

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 05:44 PM

He is ghey. He probably faps to civil war reenactments where the south wins.

newshutr
02-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I think it is more obvious that you are gay if you sit in front of your TV and drool over a bunch of big Black men bumping into each other and then dancing about it, don't you think?

Says the one who watches battle star galactica...

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Says the one who watches battle star galactica...

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser, General George S Patton

Either way - you're still a loser :p

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Well that sewer they call shitsburgh can use every penny they can get.:p

Sewer? Politically I'll give you - it's shitty - but it's also been named most livable city quite a few times.:p

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Either way - you're still a loser :p

Oh you are so funny.....not

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Sewer? Politically I'll give you - it's shitty - but it's also been named most livable city quite a few times.:p

For douche bags maybe.

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 06:47 PM
For douche bags maybe.I'm sorry - did someone just hear a loser bawling?

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Oh you are so funny.....notmaybe so - but at least I'm not a LOSER!! :p

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 06:52 PM
maybe so - but at least I'm not a LOSER!! :p

Um the queelers can win a 100 rings but you still will be a loser, sorry to have to break that news to you.

newshutr
02-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Thunderdome, guys?

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Thunderdome, guys?

oh God no, poli aint worth the sweat off my sack if not for his constant beetling about the queelers I would not notice him :p

He forgets the 1 on 1 meeting between the two teams this year. He should admit the steelers were lucky to not play the Eagles again and then I would leave him alone.

newshutr
02-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Poli's right...

You are a loser...

:D

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Um the queelers can win a 100 rings but you still will be a loser, sorry to have to break that news to you. Nah. I cheered for the right team. And I have a personal life you're jealous of. :p Loser.

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Poli's right...

You are a loser...

:DI'm always right. :cool: I'm a conservative.

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Poli's right...

You are a loser...

:D

/yawn :cool:

Least with JCC you got stats and info with you two dipshits its the same thing, YAY my team won your team sucks etc. You two losers are beginning to bore me.

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Nah. I cheered for the right team. And I have a personal life you're jealous of. :p Loser.

Um no you dont.

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm always right. :cool: I'm a conservative.

You support a team that supports Obama which makes you a qusi liberal.

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 07:13 PM
You support a team that supports Obama which makes you a qusi liberal.

I support the same team RUSH LIMBAUGH supports. :cool: Barry is a bandwagoner. :rolleyes:

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
I support the same team RUSH LIMBAUGH supports. :cool: Barry is a bandwagoner. :rolleyes:

um rush does not own the steelers, but the owner of the steelers supports obama. You keep bringing rush up I am sure that lets you sleep at night knowing your team supports obama.

newshutr
02-03-2009, 07:20 PM
/yawn :cool:

Least with JCC you got stats and info with you two dipshits its the same thing, YAY my team won your team sucks etc. You two losers are beginning to bore me.

Stats?

Ok..

Superbowl Wins..

Steelers 6

Eagles 0

That sums it up..

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 07:23 PM
um rush does not own the steelers, but the owner of the steelers supports obama. You keep bringing rush up I am sure that lets you sleep at night knowing your team supports obama.The team? well - all I can say is that like you - they are not perfect. But unlike you - there is hope for the team a little education and they will stop supporting Barry. You'll still be a loser.:p

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Um no you dont. yes I do. :cool:

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Stats?

Ok..

Superbowl Wins..

Steelers 6

Eagles 0

That sums it up..the only stats that count!! :D

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Stats?

Ok..

Superbowl Wins..

Steelers 6

Eagles 0

That sums it up..

Nope it dont but you keep trying to bury the ass kickery the Eagles have laid on the steelers in the last 50 years. Yes you have won 6 SB's you can count I am glad for you.

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 07:27 PM
The team? well - all I can say is that like you - they are not perfect. But unlike you - there is hope for the team a little education and they will stop supporting Barry. You'll still be a loser.:p

Well thank god I dont live in Pittsburgh I have that going for me at least. :D

newshutr
02-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Nope it dont but you keep trying to bury the ass kickery the Eagles have laid on the steelers in the last 50 years. Yes you have won 6 SB's you can count I am glad for you.

Winning franchise:

Steelers: 520-488-20

Losing Franchise:

Eagles 488-530-26

(that last number is ties....let your QB know that games can end in ties..)

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Winning franchise:

Steelers: 520-488-20

Losing Franchise:

Eagles 488-530-26

(that last number is ties....let your QB know that games can end in ties..)

Out of 77 games the Eagles are 47-27-3

We have not played a SB against them yet but I would love to see that.

Lars1701a
02-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Well I am bored with you two.

In a couple of months pitchers and catchers will report for spring training. Have World Series to defend. Will the Pirates break .500 this year?

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Well I am bored with you two.

In a couple of months pitchers and catchers will report for spring training. Have World Series to defend. Will the Pirates break .500 this year?

baseball sucks.

Lars1701a
02-04-2009, 11:35 AM
baseball sucks.

I guess it would suck if your team was the definition of suck :cool:

There is more to sports then the queelers.

PoliCon
02-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I guess it would suck if your team was the definition of suck: Philadelphia Eagles. :cool:

There is more to sports then the godlike STEELERS.Fixerated it for you. :p

Sure - there are also the Penguins. :) I quit baseball full stop when those assholes went on strike way back when. :rolleyes:

JB
02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
In a couple of months pitchers and catchers will report for spring training. Have World Series to defend. Will the Pirates break .500 this year?If the Pirates have another losing season this year they will break the all-time record for most consecutive losing seasons by a franchise. They're either on 15 going for 16 or 16 going for 17.

Let's go everyone that plays the Pirates!

PoliCon
02-04-2009, 10:23 PM
If the Pirates have another losing season this year they will break the all-time record for most consecutive losing seasons by a franchise. They're either on 15 going for 16 or 16 going for 17.

Let's go everyone that plays the Pirates! That's what happens when you have idiots for owners who keep hiring idiots to run the team.

JB
02-07-2009, 05:55 PM
That's what happens when you have idiots for owners who keep hiring idiots to run the team.The only reason I am aware of the current Pirates consecutive losing streak is because they are tied with <drumroll>...The Phillies. :D

I think the Phils had losing seasons from '33 to '48. Pirates can break it this year.