PDA

View Full Version : Oh Joy, U.S. sends women’s badminton team to Iran to engage Iranians

megimoo
02-02-2009, 11:56 PM
"Now they can kidnap they and hold them as Hostage against an Israeli attack !"

Washington - The Obama administration is sending a women’s badminton team to Iran this week as part of a broad bid to engage the Iranian people through educational and cultural exchanges. U.S. officials familiar with the matter told The Associated Press today the team will be in Tehran from tomorrow until Feb. 9 to participate in an international tournament. The trip comes amid a wide-ranging review of U.S. policy toward the Islamic Republic.

Comments :
Will the American women be stoned for wearing shorts?
This sounds incredibly foolish and dangerous to me. Iranian Hostage Crisis II. No thanks. I hope the US women just say 'no'. Not enough money or 'good will' in the world. Are they nuts? Who dreamed up this fiasco-in-waiting? Seriously!
I never realized how really simple it was. If we send a baseball team, Iran gives up its quest for nuclear weapons. If we send a football team Iranians will stop helping to kill Americans in Iraq. I know, we can send over Tiger Woods and Amadinnerjacket will stop calling for Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth.
That oBama, what a genius.
I can't imagine its very easy to run around the court chasing after the shuttlecock wearing a burkha...
In Iran only women are allowed to watch women play in sporting events and women can't watch men play either. It would be unusual if this is any different. Do 0bama and the State Dept. think this is like ping pong with China? China wasn't funding terrorists that attacked us or arming to destroy Israel. Shuttlecock diplomacy? No, birdie-brain 0bama.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2009/02/02/8237476.html