PDA

View Full Version : Daschle Withdraws Nomination for Health and Human Services Secretary

asdf2231
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/03/daschle-withdraws-nomination-health-human-services-secretary/

Daschle Withdraws Nomination for Health and Human Services Secretary
Tom Daschle has withdrawn his nomination for health and human services secretary, and President Obama has accepted.

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

powered by BaynoteTom Daschle has withdrawn his nomination for health and human services secretary, after fielding mounting criticism over his failure to pay more than $130,000 in taxes.

President Obama stood by Daschle Monday, telling reporters that he "absolutely" supports the former South Dakota senator. But the president accepted Daschle's withdrawal Tuesday morning.

It was unclear whether Daschle, with his deep network of ties in the Senate stemming in part from his time as majority leader, would have been able to weather the criticism in confirmation.

Senators were reluctant to state publicly any opposition to Daschle's nomination in recent days. But that started to crack Tuesday morning, as Republican Sen. Jim DeMint called for Obama to withdraw the nomination -- becoming the first senator to say that the former majority leader's tax problems are disqualifying.

patriot45
02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/03/daschle-withdraws-nomination-health-human-services-secretary/

Tom Daschle has withdrawn his nomination for health and human services secretary, and President Obama has accepted.

FOXNews.com

powered by BaynoteTom Daschle has withdrawn his nomination for health and human services secretary, after fielding mounting criticism over his failure to pay more than $130,000 in taxes.

President Obama stood by Daschle Monday, telling reporters that he "absolutely" supports the former South Dakota senator. But the president accepted Daschle's withdrawal Tuesday morning.

It was unclear whether Daschle, with his deep network of ties in the Senate stemming in part from his time as majority leader, would have been able to weather the criticism in confirmation.

Senators were reluctant to state publicly any opposition to Daschle's nomination in recent days. But that started to crack Tuesday morning, as Republican Sen. Jim DeMint called for Obama to withdraw the nomination -- becoming the first senator to say that the former majority leader's tax problems are disqualifying.

This just keeps getting better and better! Its like herding cats trying to find a couple of honest Dims!!

micmac
02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
hahahaha I cannot stand him. See ya, Tommy!:p

linda22003
02-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Good decision, whether he jumped or was pushed.

megimoo
02-03-2009, 01:14 PM

FOXNews.com

Now the IRS should line up on his thieving ass and hit him with tax evasion charges .Yeah right, forget about that .The IRS only goes after the 'little people' of America !

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Good decision, whether he jumped or was pushed.

Good to see his is still an unemployed loser. :)

asdf2231
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
I wonder if President Obama's cabinet appointment process is actually a fiendishly complex sting opperation by the IRS to identify tax frauds? :D

lacarnut
02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Along with Daschle withdrawing another Clinton crook had to withdraw this am. Nancy Killefier withdrew her candidacy to be the first performance officer for the Federal Government. This position did not have to have Senate confirmation so Obama thought he could sneak one in on us.

She stopped making unemployment compensation payments for a household employee for 1 1/2 years so a lien was placed on her home. She paid it but this just goes to show that these assholes think they are above the law and better than the rest of us.

I would like to see all politicians vetted by the IRS. Betcha, the Feds might collect a shit pot of money from these turkeys.

SarasotaRepub
02-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Along with Daschle withdrawing another Clinton crook had to withdraw this am. Nancy Killefier withdrew her candidacy to be the first performance officer for the Federal Government. This position did not have to have Senate confirmation so Obama thought he could sneak one in on us.

She stopped making unemployment compensation payments for a household employee for 1 1/2 years so a lien was placed on her home. She paid it but this just goes to show that these assholes think they are above the law and better than the rest of us.

I would like to see all politicians vetted by the IRS. Betcha, the Feds might collect a shit pot of money from these turkeys.

Yeah I saw this story mentioned also. My,my the Dems do seem to be having a little tax trouble...:D

Too bad Tom, even the delusional morons on DU are glad you're gone. :cool:

SaintLouieWoman
02-03-2009, 02:25 PM
This just keeps getting better and better! Its like herding cats trying to find a couple of honest Dims!!

That's why they have to start appointing Republicans! Wonder if they can yank the Treasury Secretary out of there.

damyns
02-03-2009, 04:26 PM
I would like to know how we the people can get our voice heard. How can the people of the USA obtain an in depth look into the backgrounds and current dealings of our current elected officials? What options do we have to force these officials to resign or give up their seat in our government for committing obvious crimes? How do we get our judicial system to protect us from these criminals or politicians? How do we the people take back our country? How can we the people protect ourselves from our (the criminals) that have been elected. Criminals that come to mind are showing up in the news almost hourly with Baracks cabinet appointees. If they can’t work for our pres then they shouldn’t be able to work for we the people. We need to get the bad apples out. Can we start a petition to send to congress and the senate to let them know that we are out here and don't want to tolerate there criminal behavior? Can we take them from untouchable to touchable?

Your help would be appreciated
Damyn Swanepoel

lacarnut
02-03-2009, 05:37 PM
That's why they have to start appointing Republicans! Wonder if they can yank the Treasury Secretary out of there.

I can overlook Daschle tax cheating a tad but someone that is supposed to be a financial wizard heading the IRS. No damn way; same goes for grease-ball Rangel who writes the tax laws in the House of Rep. Both of them are bonafide crooks.

The Repubs should pounce on this with ads such as "Democrats cheating on their Income Tax and Social Security is the change they promised".

PoliCon
02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
I would like to see all politicians vetted by the IRS. Betcha, the Feds might collect a shit pot of money from these turkeys.I belong to an organization and every time a person's name comes up for a position or what ever - there is always a report from the treasurer about the persons financial standing with us before hand. Damn straight they should face the same. FURTHERMORE - I think all politicians should automatically be audited and have all their income be public knowledge.

jeskibuff
02-03-2009, 09:02 PM
This just keeps getting better and better! Its like herding cats trying to find a couple of honest Dims!!I think there's only one, and no Democrat wants to be seen with Zell Miller.

patriot45
02-03-2009, 09:06 PM
I think there's only one, and no Democrat wants to be seen with Zell Miller.

Ya know, this is going to be tough on them. There really isn't an honest Dim out there!

jeskibuff
02-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Ya know, this is going to be tough on them. There really isn't an honest Dim out there!Not nearly as tough as it will be on us, having our nation (mis-)led by a bunch of lying criminals.

Odysseus
02-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I wonder if President Obama's cabinet appointment process is actually a fiendishly complex sting opperation by the IRS to identify tax frauds? :D
Way ahead of you there. (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=109819&postcount=12818)

See, you guys are underestimating the Obamessiah. This is actually part of his plan to trap scofflaws in his own party without appearing to betray his own kind. By nominating these dirtbags for cabinet posts, he forces the media to give them the scrutiny that they've never gotten before, and they are shamed into paying their back taxes. It's a brilliant means of collecting revenue and reducing the deficit. In fact, don't be surprised if he announces this as his intent shortly. :D

I think there's only one, and no Democrat wants to be seen with Zell Miller.
I was going to say that Joe Lieberman is an honest Dim, but he was tossed out of the party. I guess that Zell Miller is it, and last I heard, he was on the outs with them.

Ya know, this is going to be tough on them. There really isn't an honest Dim out there!
Diogenes would need an arc welder to find one.

jeskibuff
02-03-2009, 09:21 PM
you guys are underestimating the Obamessiah. This is actually part of his plan to trap scofflaws in his own party without appearing to betray his own kind. By nominating these dirtbags for cabinet posts, he forces the media to give them the scrutiny that they've never gotten before, and they are shamed into paying their back taxes.Nice little dream you've got going here, Odysseus! Tell me, when Obummer finishes cleaning house does he turn himself in for being a non-eligible POTUS candidate and we all live happily ever after??

patriot45
02-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Nice little dream you've got going here, Odysseus! Tell me, when Obummer finishes cleaning house does he turn himself i n for being a non-eligible POTUS candidate and we all live happily ever after??

Ya gotta love it! The O is still the only unknown quantity out there!

Odysseus
02-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Nice little dream you've got going here, Odysseus! Tell me, when Obummer finishes cleaning house does he turn himself in for being a non-eligible POTUS candidate and we all live happily ever after??

What? And leave Biden in charge? Noooooooooooooo!!! :eek: