PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back everyone

gator
05-28-2008, 09:37 AM
I just talked to Rob on the phone and he is working to get things back to normal.

Help hus get the word out.

SarasotaRepub
05-28-2008, 01:36 PM
LOL!!! I also talked to Rob around 10am CST.

WOOT! Looks like we are back in Bidness. :D

mel_living
05-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Am I here? I made it back? Whew. That was a long one there.

The site looks wonderful! I love it!

Bubba Dawg
05-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Nice . Really. Good to see you all. :D

cclanofirish
05-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Site looks awesome

Bubba Dawg
05-29-2008, 08:58 PM
It does look awesome. Nicely done. I can see the effort. Thanks.

Jumpy
05-29-2008, 09:44 PM
The side bar takes up too much room on my screen.. where you see the forum members online, etc. Anybody else have that issue? Maybe it is just a firefox issue?

I love the color scheme though.

linda22003
05-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Well, after two days of trying I'm finally back in. I used the confirmation email, it would tell me I was registered, then kept telling me to log in even AFTER it said I was logged in.

Okay.... so I see the interior decorators have painted the place black and orange.

DarkScribe
05-30-2008, 08:52 AM
I just talked to Rob on the phone and he is working to get things back to normal.

Help hus get the word out.

Thanks for your help, Gator...and I think Rob did a great job, even though we were all chomping at the bit to get CU back up and running. Love the new look. Just trying to get used to where everything is at.

Shannon
05-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Well, after two days of trying I'm finally back in. I used the confirmation email, it would tell me I was registered, then kept telling me to log in even AFTER it said I was logged in.

Okay.... so I see the interior decorators have painted the place black and orange.

Linda! You were missed. Not by me of course but you were missed nonetheless.:p

linda22003
05-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Linda! You were missed. Not by me of course but you were missed nonetheless.:p

Well, you can go on not missing me, probably. Sometimes I can get in and sometimes I can't. I had them reset the password, and still couldn't get in until just now. I saw Jendf said she had the same problem.

I'm sure at some point I will really appreciate the redesign, but that time isn't here yet. :o

LogansPapa
05-30-2008, 12:29 PM
I sincerely missed you linda22003.

Not the sniping from the other howler monkeys up in the trees - but all that are capable of putting more than ten words together in a coherent thought.

Welcome Back! :)

linda22003
05-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, thank you. I certainly got a lot of productive things done during the month of May; thank heaven that's over now. I hope more of our regulars make it back here.

I have to copy a link from an email I got a couple of days ago, and paste in a replacement password I was sent every time I log on; I can't just log in from the main screen, and the "Remember Me" function is completely inoperable. Oh, well, I'm sure it will all work out.

Zathras
05-30-2008, 06:24 PM
LOL!!! I also talked to Rob around 10am CST.

WOOT! Looks like we are back in Bidness. :D

And there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth at the DUmp...oh wait, that's normal for them....nevermind.

MoshMasterD
05-31-2008, 05:55 AM
What's gonna happen with my donation?

1trueamerican
06-04-2008, 07:53 AM
major lurker here...glad to see the site back...looks great also...

mike

GO PENS :D

asdf2231
06-04-2008, 10:50 AM

Wondering about that too...

The membership donations that we paid gave us access to larger PM mailboxes and features that "Non" Members didn't have access to.

Is that going to be recreated?

LibraryLady
06-04-2008, 11:18 AM

Well, someone saiid rob DID go on a vacation.....:rolleyes:

gator
06-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Wondering about that too...

The membership donations that we paid gave us access to larger PM mailboxes and features that "Non" Members didn't have access to.

Is that going to be recreated?

I'll talk to Crusty and see what he has planned.

Right now his focus was on just getting the site up and running and getting the bugs taken care of. He also wants to restore the old data base if possible.

The new version of VBulletin has a lot more neat features that will provide some neat features to members.

Remember that Rob has a full time job, long commute and a young family. Taking care of CU is not his full time job. He does it at nioght after his child has gone to bed and before he has to get up early in the morning for work.

As far as donations go just remember that Rob has never taken a cent of donations for his own use. Every bit of money is used to offset expenses and he still winds up paying out of his own pocket.

Phillygirl
06-04-2008, 11:50 AM
How far does everyone think their $40 went? :)

Shannon
06-04-2008, 01:08 PM
How far does everyone think their $40 went? :)

I thought I was like co-owner or something.:D

gator
06-04-2008, 01:19 PM
I thought I was like co-owner or something.:D

$40 can buy a lot over in Orlando, especially on OBT but in other parts of the US it is not very much money.

asdf2231
06-04-2008, 02:21 PM
I'll talk to Crusty and see what he has planned.

Right now his focus was on just getting the site up and running and getting the bugs taken care of. He also wants to restore the old data base if possible.

The new version of VBulletin has a lot more neat features that will provide some neat features to members.

Remember that Rob has a full time job, long commute and a young family. Taking care of CU is not his full time job. He does it at nioght after his child has gone to bed and before he has to get up early in the morning for work.

As far as donations go just remember that Rob has never taken a cent of donations for his own use. Every bit of money is used to offset expenses and he still winds up paying out of his own pocket.

Thats cool.

Wasn't implying anything either. It was just kind of cool that you could get something extra for paying in and supporting the site.

Phillygirl
06-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Thats cool.

Wasn't implying anything either. It was just kind of cool that you could get something extra for paying in and supporting the site.

I agree and hope some of those features come back. When are you going to post some of your pictures?

asdf2231
06-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I agree and hope some of those features come back. When are you going to post some of your pictures?

:o

I promise I will get some up in the lounge tomorrow.

Thanks for the reminder! :)