PDA

View Full Version : UN chief to launch Bhutto commission

Sonnabend
02-04-2009, 04:11 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25010556-23109,00.html

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said he will soon establish an independent commission to probe the assassination of former Pakistani premier Benazir Bhutto.

"I intend to establish very shortly an independent commission of inquiry headed by a very distinguished person, whom I'm going to nominate in a very short period of time," he said at a banquet in Islamabad. His comments were broadcast by state and private Pakistani television.

"I have been in consultation with the government of Pakistan on its request for the establishment of a commission of inquiry on the assassination of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto," Mr Ban said.

"This is a crime that shocked and offended the world and I know this is a matter of great importance for the government and people of Pakistan," Mr Ban said. Bhutto was killed in December 2007 at a campaign rally in the garrison city of Rawalpindi.

Riiighttt......:rolleyes:

Apocalypse
02-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Its been a while, and I may be wrong, but didn't they settle who commited this crime months ago?

wiegenlied
02-05-2009, 06:26 AM
Something related to Al-Qaeda and Wahabi extremist muslim. Pakistan gov. knows better.

RIP Mrs. Bhutto.