PDA

View Full Version : "Weird Suicide Ends Sarkozy departure Ceremony"

megimoo
06-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Soldier Suicide Ends Sarkozy Ceremony, Maybe he hates the French ?

"VIDEO OF SECURITY TAKING CONTROL !"
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article4209639.ece

A departure ceremony for French President Nicolas Sarkozy came to an abrupt end when an Israeli soldier shot himself in the head at Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv.

Airport security scare police spokesman said the border policeman committed suicide during the ceremony, which was also attended by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and President Shimon Peres.

The incident sparked fear of an assassination attempt and prompted bodyguards to whisk the leaders away from the scene.Dark-suited men rushed Mr Sarkozy and first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy to the safety of their plane.

At the same time, security guards, with their guns drawn, rushed Mr Olmert and Mr Peres toward their armoured cars. Minutes later they boarded the plane to explain what had happened and to bid farewell to their guests.Initial reports said the soldier may have fallen off a roof, causing his weapon to go off accidentally.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1319938,00.html?f=rss

Rebel Yell
06-24-2008, 12:29 PM
How appropriate. A gun fires and a Frenchman runs away.:D

linda22003
06-24-2008, 03:32 PM

The incident "prompted bodyguards to whisk the leaders away from the scene." Do you think the US Secret Service would have responded in any other way?

Rebel Yell
06-24-2008, 04:15 PM
The incident "prompted bodyguards to whisk the leaders away from the scene." Do you think the US Secret Service would have responded in any other way?

You really need to get that sand out of your vagina. It's a joke.

biccat
06-24-2008, 04:36 PM
I think Cheney would have had his gun out and put three slugs into him before he hit the ground.

And that's with a muzzle loader.

Phillygirl
06-24-2008, 04:48 PM

Now that was funny!! :D

Phillygirl
06-24-2008, 04:48 PM
I think Cheney would have had his gun out and put three slugs into him before he hit the ground.

And so was that! :D

Junebug68
06-24-2008, 09:07 PM

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are! :D

megimoo
06-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are! :DSounds just like SDJ !

Odysseus
06-25-2008, 12:17 AM

Yeah, but Teddy Roosevelt would've taken the bullet, delivered a speech and only then taken off.

linda22003
06-25-2008, 08:25 AM
You really need to get that sand out of your vagina. It's a joke.

What's in that orifice at any given time is NONE of your business. And the security detail acted appropriately.

linda22003
06-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, but Teddy Roosevelt would've taken the bullet, delivered a speech and only then taken off.

As he actually had occasion to do. :)

Rebel Yell
06-25-2008, 09:37 AM
What's in that orifice at any given time is NONE of your business. And the security detail acted appropriately.

I think your problem is that NOTHING has been in there in a long time. You may need to call roto rooter to clean out the cobwebs out of it. I bet you wouldn't be so condescending about everything and overall a happier person.

Odysseus
06-25-2008, 12:44 PM
As he actually had occasion to do. :)

My point exactly. Bully for you!!:D

nacho
06-25-2008, 06:30 PM
I nominate this whole thread for a CUzy. :p

Phillygirl
06-25-2008, 06:36 PM
I nominate this whole thread for a CUzy. :p

Dang...it's really getting like the old old CU!

megimoo
06-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Dang...it's really getting like the old old CU!An interesting exchange but where will it end ?But I expect Bridget to pop up any second now with a little pearl of quasi-Wisdom !

megimoo
06-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Israeli 'suicide cop': family refute claims that he killed himself

"VIDEO OF SECURITY TAKING CONTROL !"

Jerusalem - The death of an Israeli guard who was shot in the head during a farewell ceremony for President Sarkozy of France continued to provoke debate yesterday as the family disputed claims that he committed suicide. Raed Ghanan’s death created a security scare at the airport where Mr Sarkozy and his wife, Carla Bruni, were saying their farewells to the Israeli Prime Minister and President. Officials at the French Embassy said they were sorry that the incident had overshadowed an otherwise productive visit by Mr Sarkozy.

The death of an Israeli guard who was shot in the head during a farewell ceremony for President Sarkozy of France continued to provoke debate yesterday as the family disputed claims that he committed suicide.

Raed Ghanan’s death created a security scare at the airport where Mr Sarkozy and his wife, Carla Bruni, were saying their farewells to the Israeli Prime Minister and President. Officials at the French Embassy said they were sorry that the incident had overshadowed an otherwise productive visit by Mr Sarkozy.

Mr Ghanan was guarding the outer perimeter of the area, positioned on a roof about 200 metres from the VIP delegation. Police said that an initial investigation revealed that he shot himself, and then fell off the roof.

A band was playing when the shot was fired, preventing the French and Israeli leaders from hearing the discharge. Bodyguards ushered Mr Sarkozy up the stairs to his plane and Ehud Olmert to a bullet-proof vehicle.