PDA

View Full Version : Whose contacted their Senators?

djones520
02-08-2009, 08:15 PM
I just sent Senator Levin a message telling him that I do not want him to support this stimulus bill. I'm curious, how many others here have done the same with their Senators?

cat714
02-08-2009, 08:58 PM
It would be a waste of time for me to call my senators... Boxer Shorts and Fuckstein.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/b_gardenia/political/barbara_boxer.jpg

http://www.fraterslibertas.com/Images/Politics/Feinstein.jpg

djones520
02-08-2009, 09:00 PM
It would be a waste of time for me to call my senators... Boxer Shorts and Fuckstein.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/b_gardenia/political/barbara_boxer.jpg

http://www.fraterslibertas.com/Images/Politics/Feinstein.jpg

Like Levin's gonna listen to me?

Sorry, but if your not gonna use the simplest yet most powerful tool we have to stop this, then what grounds are you gonna have to bitch about it?

cat714
02-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Like Levin's gonna listen to me?

Sorry, but if your not gonna use the simplest yet most powerful tool we have to stop this, then what grounds are you gonna have to bitch about it?

That's a very noble argument, but you don't know my senators very well. You can't reason with crazy and here's why:

Feinstein: 'I Think As We Dither, Rome Burns' [Defeat Porkulus!!]
Reno News ^ | February 06, 2009 | Staff

Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 12:47:50 PM by library user

WASHINGTON -- Convinced tax cuts will not stimulate the nation’s economy, Sen. Dianne Feinstein spoke out Friday against President Barack Obama's economic recovery package.

“I’m going increasingly concerned about the bill as to whether it is really going to be a stimulus,” she told fellow Senators during a debate of the bill.

Feinstein then roiled through a litany of California’s financial woes.

“I come from a state which has more people unemployed today than the population of over a dozen states,” she said. “A state where the bread lines are growing, Where the need for assistance is growing. Where the state has a huge deficit. Where counties are unable to fund their operating maintenance. Where all capital projects have stopped and where the state now furloughs employees.”

“I think as we dither, Rome burns.”

Feinstein said her issue with the bill is the tax cuts included.

“What in my view a stimulus is, is not candidly speaking a tax package,” she said. “I do not believe in this economy tax cuts are simulative… I worry about this economy. The point of this package is to get jobs out to the people. So I reserve the right at the end of the day to vote against a package that does put those jobs out there.” . While Feinstein spoke out against the package, Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid of Nevada was trying to rally support for it.

LINK (http://www.foxreno.com/news/18658019/detail.html)

Also, it's very difficult to telephone our state capital these days. You have a lot of pissed off people calling in and crashing the phones.

PoliCon
02-08-2009, 11:42 PM
I call mine all the time. :) I've programed their numbers into phone to facilitate calling.

cat714
02-09-2009, 03:39 AM
I call mine all the time. :) I've programed their numbers into phone to facilitate calling.

I used to call, but Feinstein's office just takes the phone off the hook or reroutes the calls somewhere else. Her website mysterious goes down too when her ass is in the fire. I have never gotten through to Boxer's office on the phone, but I have written/emailed her plenty of times. I have written to Feinstein, but I have never received a response. Both senators have lots of people from all political sides pissed off at them and the phone systems have been crashing due to amount of calls.

PoliCon
02-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Sen. Bob Casey the spineless weasel refuses even NOW to tell people how he intends to vote on the "stimulus Bill."

GROW A PAIR BOB!

jinxmchue
02-09-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm in Minnesota, so I'm seriously screwed right now. We have one seat still contested thanks to the cheating cheat and lying liar Al Franken and the other is occupied by a brainless Democrat yes-woman, Amy Klobechar (or whatever).

Lars1701a
02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Sen. Bob Casey the spineless weasel refuses even NOW to tell people how he intends to vote on the "stimulus Bill."

GROW A PAIR BOB!

This douche fooled a lot of people IMHO. Whats the point of voting for a prolife dim? its not like its going to make any difference. Might as well have voted for the Republican. :mad:

wiegenlied
02-13-2009, 07:34 AM

GROW A PAIR BOB!

My bestfriend (rival) worked her butt off for Senator Rick Santorum in 2006! People are just too crazy that they couldn't make intelligent choice between him and Sen Bob Casey.Jr.

Santorum and Romney are actually my favorite :)

SecretOperative
02-13-2009, 08:29 AM
I did... used Citizens Against Government Waste (http://councilfor.cagw.org/site/PageServer?pagename=CCAGW_getinv_Advocacy_stimulus _IssuePage), to send emails to both Senator Maria Cantwell and Senator Patty Murray

Also used free fax online to send letters to the three RINO's

Feb 13, 2009

Senator Maria Cantwell
Constitution Avenue and 1st Street, NE
Washington, DC 20510-4705

Dear Senator Cantwell,

I am writing to express my opposition to the American Recovery and
Reinvestment Act of 2009 (S.1) and urge you to vote against this
so-called "economic stimulus" bill.

Adding nearly $900 billion in government spending to the $1.2 trillion
federal deficit already projected for this year will only pile
additional debt onto the shoulders of my children and grandchildren.
This massive government spending spree will not stimulate economic
growth. In fact, your own nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has
concluded that more than half of the hundreds of billions of dollars in
infrastructure spending contained in the bill will not take place for
more than two years -- long after economists predict, and we all hope,
the current recession will have ended.

I urge you instead to create more incentives and opportunities for
private-sector jobs and growth by cutting government spending and
enacting across-the-board tax cuts for individuals and businesses, like
those that helped reverse economic slumps in the 1960s, 1980s, and
earlier this decade. By contrast, the tax cuts in the American
Recovery and Reinvestment Act are narrowly targeted, with the largest
portion going to more rebate checks, which failed miserably to reverse
our economy's slide last year.

If passed as currently proposed, I fear this borrow-and-spend
"stimulus" bill will waste record amounts of tax dollars,
provide virtually no benefit to the economy, and only add to our
nation's soaring liabilities. Please vote NO on S.1.

Sincerely,

Molon Labe
02-13-2009, 10:27 AM
I just sent Senator Levin a message telling him that I do not want him to support this stimulus bill. I'm curious, how many others here have done the same with their Senators?

I wrote my rep several weeks ago. My senators are a waste of time.

SecretOperative
02-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Sent fax to Rep. Adam Smith of Washington... he's all for the pork, at least he knows who didn't vote for him, will never vote for him.

Find your House Representives
http://www.house.gov/htbin/zipfind

Rebel Yell
02-13-2009, 01:04 PM
No need to write mine, I already knew they weren't voting for it. The key is to elect competent senators to begin with.

PoliCon
02-13-2009, 08:49 PM
I wrote my rep several weeks ago. My senators are a waste of time.

That's the attitude they want to inspire in us. :(