PDA

View Full Version : New low for Fred Phelps.

Apocalypse
02-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Westboro Baptist Church

NEWS RELEASE
WBC TO PICKET LITTLE CAYLEE ANTHONY'S FUNERAL, FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF ORLANDO, 3000 S. John Young Parkway, Tue., Feb. 10, 9:15 to 10:00 a.m.
This picket will be educational in nature, in respectful and lawful distance, in religious protest and warning; to wit: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked." Gal. 6:7. This poor child has been murderously abused by America and her American parents and grandparents. We live in a nation that is cursed and abandoned by
God, whose hands drip with the blood of millions of aborted babies, whose citizens are wallowing in sodomic morals - Whose new Pres. Obama has promised more sins!
GOD HATES AMERICA.

Is there no way of getting rid of these arses for good?

PoliCon
02-09-2009, 12:45 AM
nope. Just like we can't get rid of democrats or of Rinos

FlaGator
02-09-2009, 07:31 AM
I guess he felt he hasn't had enough news coverage in a while... Phelps and his group are most assuredly people who need hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ before it is too late for them.

wilbur
02-09-2009, 08:25 AM
I guess he felt he hasn't had enough news coverage in a while... Phelps and his group are most assuredly people who need hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ before it is too late for them.

They probably know it better than most people... they follow it to the letter. They simply do not rationalize away the nasty bits.

To quote Sam Harris (so many good ones to choose from): "Moderates are simply failed fundamentalists."

FlaGator
02-09-2009, 08:31 AM
They probably know it better than most people... they follow it to the letter. They simply do not rationalize away the nasty bits.

To quote Sam Harris (so many good ones to choose from): "Moderates are simply failed fundamentalists."

There's a difference between reading it and knowing... Phelps does not know the Gospel otherwise his actions would be different. They don't even come close to following it. The Gospel tells us to love our neighbors and to pray for our enemies and wish them well. How is Fred doing that?

Harris' statement only proves that he is as ignorant of the Gospel as Phelps is and probably needs it just as badly. It seems that you could use a better understanding of it yourself. At best you understanding is greatly lacking.

noonwitch
02-09-2009, 08:55 AM
There's a difference between reading it and knowing... Phelps does not know the Gospel otherwise his actions would be different. They don't even come close to following it. The Gospel tells us to love our neighbors and to pray for our enemies and wish them well. How is Fred doing that?

Harris' statement only proves that he is as ignorant of the Gospel as Phelps is and probably needs it just as badly. It seems that you could use a better understanding of it yourself. At best you understanding is greatly lacking.

Phelps knows the gospel, he is just deliberately perverting it to meet the needs of himself and his sick congregation.

PoliCon
02-09-2009, 10:06 AM

You constantly prove your ignorance and idiocy. :rolleyes:

Celtic Rose
02-09-2009, 10:10 AM

Oh, yes, forgive me, I always rationalize away the parts of the Gospel that says "tell thy neighbor that he, and his country, shalt burn in hell whilst thee protest his funeral" :rolleyes:

Odysseus
02-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Oh, yes, forgive me, I always rationalize away the parts of the Gospel that says "tell thy neighbor that he, and his country, shalt burn in hell whilst thee protest his funeral" :rolleyes:

I believe that it's part of the Sermon on the Mount: "Blessed are the hateful moonbats, for theirs is the fifteen minutes of fame and the pithy soundbyte."

Constitutionally Speaking
02-09-2009, 11:41 AM

You are quite wrong on them knowing the Bible and following it. They absolutely do NOT follow the Bible.

They follow the CHARACATURE that people like you believe about the Bible believers.

FlaGator
02-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Phelps knows the gospel, he is just deliberately perverting it to meet the needs of himself and his sick congregation.

I would suggest that since he is intentionally perverting it then he doesn't really know it, he knows about it. If he knew it he would pervert it. He would know the consequences for doing such a thing.

MrsSmith
02-09-2009, 10:00 PM

If we cannot find our way to a time when most of us are willing to admit that, at the very least, we are not sure whether or not God wrote some of our books, then we need only count the days to Armageddon--because God has given us far many more reasons to kill one another than to turn the other cheek."
- Sam Harris

Mat 22:37-40

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jhn 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Rom 12:10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Rom 12:11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

Rom 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Rom 12:13 Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Rom 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

Rom 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.

Rom 12:16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Rom 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.

Rom 12:18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Rom 12:19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

Rom 12:20 On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

Rom 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

ScottyK
02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
From what I understand, these idiots don't care about the funerals, nor the "God hates America" aspect. They are in it for the money.

It appears their tactics are to protest at funerals, where emotions are running high. They hope by being so outlandish somebody will do something stupid, then they can turn around and sue the city for not "protecting" them. Cities can't afford all the lawsuits, so they just settle out of court, and easy money for these creeps.

Apocalypse
02-09-2009, 11:01 PM

Funny, but you have a few problems.

1. Phelps is not a moderate. He's a far extreem left liberal.

Why not take the time to read his sick past.

http://www.blank.org/addict/

wilbur
02-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Funny, but you have a few problems.

1. Phelps is not a moderate. He's a far extreem left liberal.

Why not take the time to read his sick past.

http://www.blank.org/addict/

I wasnt calling him a moderate. I was saying that by all rights, Phelps interprets the book correctly... and the moderates simply don't measure up.

Phelps knows that the most dangerous thing to his family and children is 'corruption' of their immortal souls from amoral or immoral influences... especially when it comes to sex... in that vein, one who tolerates or fails to condemn homosexuality is far more dangerous to his kids and the country... than even all the serial killers you can conjure up . Phelps, because he reads the Bible, "knows" this life is trivial compared to the next... the next is what matters... he knows that even if his children suffer the most untimely and torturous deaths possible, it would be nothing compared what would happen if they should they fall prey to 'abominations' like homosexuality or sexual 'immorality'. He simply fights the battles with the gumption any Christian who has the courage of their convictions should.

Phelps simply has his priorities straight.

Gingersnap
02-09-2009, 11:59 PM
I wasnt calling him a moderate. I was saying that by all rights, Phelps interprets the book correctly... and the moderates simply don't measure up.

And you are wrong as is Phelps and his entire litter. Phelps believes that any unfortunate circumstance is proof that God is chastising His people for transgressive acts. He is punishing the faithful with woe. He believes that all people in the United States are part of a new Chosen People since he believes that exceptionalism extends to individual citizens within this country.

While the United States may or may not be Exceptional in this sense, few of it's citizens are a part of that dynamic. Those that are (or might be) are certainly rebuked by God but not in the evening news. On the contrary, following Phelps' line of thought, many are called and about a dozen are chosen - the Mark has already been sealed to the vast majority in this country.

His antics are not in the footsteps of a Daniel or a Jeremiah; he is a false prophet and scripture tells us that many would appear over the ages. Why is he different? Because his words and actions are not in accord with the New Covenant.

I know this is all over your head but trust me - no traditional Christians believe that Phelps (a Democrat who has run for public office) is anything other thn a crazy guy.

That other false prophets have amused or antagonized people in the past is no more proof that Christianity is false than the number of highly regarded scientific minds who scolded our ancestors over Eugenics, Freudian psychology, or the evil nature of egg-eating.

Apocalypse
02-10-2009, 12:27 AM

Phelps knows that the most dangerous thing to his family and children is 'corruption' of their immortal souls from amoral or immoral influences... especially when it comes to sex... in that vein, one who tolerates or fails to condemn homosexuality is far more dangerous to his kids and the country... than even all the serial killers you can conjure up . Phelps, because he reads the Bible, "knows" this life is trivial compared to the next... the next is what matters... he knows that even if his children suffer the most untimely and torturous deaths possible, it would be nothing compared what would happen if they should they fall prey to 'abominations' like homosexuality or sexual 'immorality'. He simply fights the battles with the gumption any Christian who has the courage of their convictions should.

Phelps simply has his priorities straight.Son, you just proved how little you understand the Bible and know Phelps all in one post.

Any time you want to debate the Bible, I will put you in your place as I've gone toe to toe with Bible thumping morons before. And some one of your limited knowledge will be of little effort.

Lets just see what you "Know" about Phelps and his "Pure" lifestyle.

Pastor Phelps has never believed in Christmas. A mattock is a pick-hoe using a wooden handle heavier than a bat. Fred swung it with both hands like a ballplayer and with all his might. "The first blow stunned your whole body," says Mark. "By the third blow, your backside was so tender, even the lightest strike was agonizing, but he'd still hit you like he wanted to put it over the fence. By 20, though, you'd have grown numb with pain. That was when my father would quit and start on my brother. Later, when the feeling had returned and it hurt worse than before, he'd do it again. "After 40 strokes, I was weak and nauseous and very pale. My body hurt terribly. Then it was Nate's turn. He got 40 each time. "I staggered to the bathtub where my mom was wetting a towel to swab my face. Behind me, I could hear the mattock and my brother was choking and moaning. He was crying and he wouldn't stop."The Bible does not teach to beat your children to death.

To the appalled amazement of his fellow worshippers nearby, the junior pastor repeatedly slapped the infant across the face with an open palm and backhand, snapping Mark's tiny head to and fro. Afterwards, several of the men in the congregation confronted Fred and told him never to do that again. Mark Phelps laughs to hear that story relayed: "My mom once told me-proudly, as if she'd effected a big change in his behavior-that my father had beaten my older brother when he was only five months old. She said she'd argued with him about it and he'd agreed to hold off beating the kids till they were a year old."

And tell me oh ye who knows that Phelps knows the Bible better then others that it teaches one to beat a 5 month old, or even a one year old?

"He habitually had violent rages that included profane cursing, beyond any sailor's ability to curse, where he threw and broke anything he could get his hands on, My father routinely demolished the kitchen and dining room areas, as well as his bedroom. He would not only beat mom and the kids, he would smash dishes, glasses, anything breakable in sight; he'd even throw everything out of the refrigerator.Show me in the Bible it teaches one to do this?

Amphetamines.

There was fighting one night," Mark recalls. "In the middle of the night. Dad was stoned on drugs again. He shot the 12-gauge into a roll of insulation.

"It was probably a suicide attempt. Only my mom and he were in the bedroom, and it was during the middle of the night. "What I think happened was, he was so under the influence, he was so screwed up, and he was so mad that he was doing one of those things...you know...I'll show all of you...I'll just get rid of this whole problem by killing myself.
Bible teaches drug use, or to commit suicide?

I can go on and on here if you want.... but I suggest you crawl back under the rock you crawled from.

FlaGator
02-10-2009, 09:28 AM

Still your ignorance of the Gospel persists. The Gospel states nothing of the sort and if you have read it as you claim to have, you would know how wrong you conclusions are. Phelps doesn't read the Bible to glean from it what it has to tell him. He reads into it what he wants to have confirmed... just as you do. In fact, now that I think about it, you and Phelps seem to have a lot in common where your skills at comprehension and deduction are concerned. That is, you both use similar techniques to get what you want out of something you read.

PoliCon
02-10-2009, 09:52 AM

Phelps is an atheists dream. He fits right into the mold you want to put all Christians into. You're a total idiot because you don't even know what the gospel is - and frankly neither does he. He's as much a Christian as you are a conservative - meaning only in his own diseased and twisted mind.

Goldwater
02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I know this is all over your head but trust me - no traditional Christians believe that Phelps (a Democrat who has run for public office) is anything other thn a crazy guy.

Phelps is the less violent Bin Laden of Christianity, doesn't represent the religion and only stupid people would think he is the face of it. I'm sure theres some right wing muslims in Tehran painting Christianity as Phelps'.

wilbur
02-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Phelps is the less violent Bin Laden of Christianity, doesn't represent the religion and only stupid people would think he is the face of it. I'm sure theres some right wing muslims in Tehran painting Christianity as Phelps'.

He represents the Bible... not Christianity.

Neither a Muslim, nor Christian has any cause or reason to say the interpretations and beliefs Phelps and Bin Laden choose to emphasize are wrong according to the books they read... other than to say they don't like them and thats not what theyd do.

PoliCon
02-10-2009, 11:15 AM

Neither a Muslim, nor Christian has any cause or reason to say the interpretations and beliefs Phelps and Bin Laden choose to emphasize are wrong according to the books they read... other than to say they don't like them and thats not what theyd do.

Only if you take things out of context - as ignorant fake fools such as your self do - with the bible can you believe that Phelps represents the bible.

FlaGator
02-10-2009, 11:48 AM

Show me scripturally how anything he says can be said to represent the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Read through the New Testament and show me where it can be construed to condone his teachings? I am most interested in seeing your examples.

PoliCon
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Show me scripturally how anything he says can be said to represent the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Read through the New Testament and show me where it can be construed to condone his teachings? I am most interested in seeing your examples.

All he knows about the bible are the bits that his kind have taken out of context and twisted to suit their own ends. :rolleyes:

FlaGator
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
All he knows about the bible are the bits that his kind have taken out of context and twisted to suit their own ends. :rolleyes:

I'm curious. It is pretty bold to make a statement like Phelps represents that Bible and I would like to see that backed up by scripture, particularly New Testament scripture. I want to see where scripture condones harassing people at a funeral or stating that God hates homosexuals or anything like that. God hates sin and the sinner may be condemned because he refuses to repent of his sin, but one of the reasons the Word became incarnate was to show us the truth of God's Word. We are to forgive the sinner as God for gives us. Only God has the authority to condemn.

wilbur
02-10-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm curious. It is pretty bold to make a statement like Phelps represents that Bible and I would like to see that backed up by scripture, particularly New Testament scripture. I want to see where scripture condones harassing people at a funeral or stating that God hates homosexuals or anything like that. God hates sin and the sinner may be condemned because he refuses to repent of his sin, but one of the reasons the Word became incarnate was to show us the truth of God's Word. We are to forgive the sinner as God for gives us. Only God has the authority to condemn.

Its clear where Fred Phelps draws his inspiration... namely the doctrine of hell, which he treats with the utmost severity and graveness..... and he acts accordingly.

PoliCon
02-10-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm curious. It is pretty bold to make a statement like Phelps represents that Bible and I would like to see that backed up by scripture, particularly New Testament scripture. I want to see where scripture condones harassing people at a funeral or stating that God hates homosexuals or anything like that. God hates sin and the sinner may be condemned because he refuses to repent of his sin, but one of the reasons the Word became incarnate was to show us the truth of God's Word. We are to forgive the sinner as God for gives us. Only God has the authority to condemn.Here's the thing though - Most Christians don't even understand their own faith so assholes like wilbur talk to the unlearned and run with what they say rather than searching the answers of people who actually know. On the other hand - with Islam - when you start checking with the leaders of islam - you find that they're far more hateful, vengeful, and vicious than your average muslim.

FlaGator
02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Its clear where Fred Phelps draws his inspiration... namely the doctrine of hell, which he treats with the utmost severity and graveness..... and he acts accordingly.

I don't see where the two are related. Your lack of understanding of scripture is evident. The doctrine of hell has nothing to do with the America being hated by God or that people unrelated to the issue he is protesting should be harassed during funeral. Phelps in no way reflects or represents the Bible. You claimed that he represents the Bible. Again I ask for proof of this. Some vague comment about the doctrine of hell which you don't seem to understand does not connect Phelps as representing scripture. Fred Phelps hates. Plain and simple he hates everything that he does not have control of. The bible in no way justifies hatred of others.

FlaGator
02-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Here's the thing though - Most Christians don't even understand their own faith so assholes like wilbur talk to the unlearned and run with what they say rather than searching the answers of people who actually know. On the other hand - with Islam - when you start checking with the leaders of islam - you find that they're far more hateful, vengeful, and vicious than your average muslim.

It just gets my ire when I see ignorant remarks like "Phelps represents the Bible" with absolutely no proof to support that position. Wilbur usually doesn't cross the line in to areas of knowledge that he is unfamiliar with so I am surprised by his assertion that Fred Phelps and the Westbro Baptist Church have any truthful relationship at all with Christianity other than their name. Wilbur can put on boots and a hat but that still doesn't make him a cowboy.

PoliCon
02-10-2009, 02:36 PM
It just gets my ire when I see ignorant remarks like "Phelps represents the Bible" with absolutely no proof to support that position. Wilbur usually doesn't cross the line in to areas of knowledge that he is unfamiliar with so I am surprised by his assertion that Fred Phelps and the Westbro Baptist Church have any truthful relationship at all with Christianity other than their name. Wilbur can put on boots and a hat but that still doesn't make him a cowboy.

Wilbur is a leftist. Like all leftists he knows better than everyone about everything. He will assert that he knows the bible better than you or I by merit of his progressive leanings.

Gingersnap
02-10-2009, 02:40 PM

You're misinformed. They are believers in a rigid form of unconditional election. They do not believe that the unelected can be saved (let alone instructed) by any means. All of the things they despise are merely proofs of an unalterable and interlocking series of events that ultimately lead to the final judgment.

They express their views (heretical as they may be) not to warn or admonish sinners (who can't be saved) but to fulfill some of the obligations of the remnant. Fred Phelps cares about Hell about as much as my dog does and for the same reason: neither of them think they're going there. :rolleyes: