PDA

View Full Version : Book Thread!

DarkScribe
05-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Figured I'd kick off the very first Book Thread for the revamped CU...

I'm currently two-thirds of the way through James Rollins' last release, The Judas Strain. Pretty decent read, as usual... His new Sigma Force novel, The Last Oracle, comes out very soon...next week, I think...

ralph wiggum
05-30-2008, 03:12 PM
I've been re-reading "The Golfer's Mind" by Dr. Bob Rotella. One in a series of his books about the mental game of golf.

jendf
05-30-2008, 03:21 PM
I've been re-reading "The Golfer's Mind" by Dr. Bob Rotella. One in a series of his books about the mental game of golf.

I picked up a book at the local library called How Tiger Does It. I haven't dived into that one yet, but it looks good. All about how he gets in "the zone" and such.

Right now, I'm reading Death of a Dream. It's a 48 Hours Mystery book. I love true crime books. Does that make me sick?

ralph wiggum
05-30-2008, 03:25 PM
I picked up a book at the local library called How Tiger Does It. I haven't dived into that one yet, but it looks good. All about how he gets in "the zone" and such.

Right now, I'm reading Death of a Dream. It's a 48 Hours Mystery book. I love true crime books. Does that make me sick?

I generally avoid Tiger books on general principle. Who wrote it? I haven't been in a bookstore in a while, so I'm not familiar with it.

patriot45
05-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Figured I'd kick off the very first Book Thread for the revamped CU...

I'm currently two-thirds of the way through James Rollins' last release, The Judas Strain. Pretty decent read, as usual... His new Sigma Force novel, The Last Oracle, comes out very soon...next week, I think...

I'm waiting for that one too, June 24.
I just reread all the Reilly and Rollins books these past few weeks and am ready for a new one.
Been checking the mail each day for the Ed Lee books!

Too bad you didnt get to come over,I rearranged my bookshelves a new way.

Did them by author but kept hardbacks and paperbacks together.
The new John Sanford book, Invisible prey was good as was Baldacci's, The Whole Truth.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/katrinaparty002.jpg

jendf
05-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I generally avoid Tiger books on general principle. Who wrote it? I haven't been in a bookstore in a while, so I'm not familiar with it.

Brad Kearns. Ever heard of him?

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/How-Tiger-Does-Brad-Kearns/dp/0071545646/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212175738&sr=1-1)

DarkScribe
05-30-2008, 03:37 PM

Not really, Jen. Now some of the horror novels I read--especially of the Ed Lee ilk--are pretty graphic...but he's just a terrific, no-frills, storyteller...

DarkScribe
05-30-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm waiting for that one too, June 24.
I just reread all the Reilly and Rollins books these past few weeks and am ready for a new one.
Been checking the mail each day for the Ed Lee books!

Too bad you didnt get to come over,I rearranged my bookshelves a new way.

Did them by author but kept hardbacks and paperbacks together.
The new John Sanford book, Invisible prey was good as was Baldacci's, The Whole Truth.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/katrinaparty002.jpg

Oh, man, Pat...I am so sorry...PM me your addy again and I'll make sure we mail those out to you, pronto...

ralph wiggum
05-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Brad Kearns. Ever heard of him?

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/How-Tiger-Does-Brad-Kearns/dp/0071545646/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212175738&sr=1-1)

I'll bookmark it and check it out at some point. Thanks, Jen.

linda22003
05-30-2008, 04:00 PM
I just finished Bill Bryson's amusing memoir, "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid", and now I need to find something a little more serious to get the brain cells working harder again.

patriot45
05-30-2008, 04:13 PM
I just finished Bill Bryson's amusing memoir, "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid", and now I need to find something a little more serious to get the brain cells working harder again.

I have that book and never fnished it, Ill have to dig it out and reread it.

Gingersnap
05-30-2008, 04:51 PM
I've rereading all of the Pendergast novels by Lincoln and Childs. I'm about halfway through Wheel of Darkness which is the last one.

After that I will crack open Bad Moon Rising by Jonathan Maberry. This guy will easily join the ranks of King and Koontz. :)

DarkScribe
05-30-2008, 05:58 PM
I've rereading all of the Pendergast novels by Lincoln and Childs. I'm about halfway through Wheel of Darkness which is the last one.

After that I will crack open Bad Moon Rising by Jonathan Maberry. This guy will easily join the ranks of King and Koontz. :)

Yes, indeed. Shannon read both books in the Pine Deep Trilogy back to back...and she'll be reading the third book probably before I get the chance to.

Shannon
05-30-2008, 07:04 PM

That's funny! I'm going to finish this latest Odd Thomas book then finish the Maberry series.:)

Space Gravy
05-30-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm reading True Evil by Greg Iles. Kinda Bleh. It's not going to change my life but I will finish it.

Shannon
05-30-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm reading True Evil by Greg Iles. Kinda Bleh. It's not going to change my life but I will finish it.

What was your previous name on CU? I have read one of his books. It was a bit predictable for me but not bad. My husband likes his books.

Space Gravy
05-30-2008, 07:40 PM
What was your previous name on CU? I have read one of his books. It was a bit predictable for me but not bad. My husband likes his books.

Yeah. He's not great but not terrible.

Sabaka. I didn't post much.