PDA

View Full Version : "Church of England Bans Free Choice Of Political Parties For Its Members !"

megimoo
02-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Church of England votes to ban clergy from joining British National Party

Clergy will be banned from joining the British National Party after the Archbishop of Canterbury called on the Church of England to "name names" in the fight against racism.

In 2004, the Synod affirmed that voting for a racist party is "incompatible with Christian discipleship" while since 2006 candidates for positions in the priesthood have been screened for racist attitudes.

However Vasantha Gnanadoss, a lay member of the Synod and a civilian employee of the Metropolitan Police, put forward a motion that the Church should follow the policy adopted by the Association of Chief Police Officers in 2004 and ban specifically its employees from joining groups that contravene race equality policies including the BNP.It comes after a list of 12,000 names and addresses of alleged BNP members was posted on the internet, including a retired Church of England priest among five "reverends" of different denominations.

Miss Gnanadoss said: "The Church is institutionally reluctant to take any bold measures related to racism, but when it is pushed it is capable of a positive response. "Without [this motion], the day may come when the BNP or something similar will have gained significant power in our country and the Church will stand accused of having been feeble when it could have been resolute."

Sir Ian Blair, the former Metropolitan Police commissioner, was allowed to sit with her in the Synod chamber even though he has no official connection to the Church.Speaking in favour of the motion during the debate, Dr Rowan Williams, the most senior cleric in the Church, said: "We have passed motions condemning racism in general in the past.

"There is a theological issue, one of whether someone who accepts their policies can conceivaby have the sensibility required of a Christian pastor who has responsibility for the whole parish.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/4582683/Church-of-England-votes-to-ban-clergy-from-joining-BNP.html

AHeneen
02-11-2009, 02:22 AM
What you may not have realized is that the British Nationalist Party is England's version of the KKK. The party is fascist and fueled by racism. I can't tell you what to think of the party, but for a church member to be so extremely racist is a large problem. Indeed, I agree with the Church's stance on prohibiting people from joining a group with such racist opinions, contradicting what the Bible tells us. Do you think a church in America would...err should (thinking of Rev. Wright)...condone racism? Say a priest who is a KKK member?

Sonnabend
02-11-2009, 04:25 AM
Indeed, I agree with the Church's stance on prohibiting people from joining a group with such racist opinions, contradicting what the Bible tells us. Do you think a church in America would...err should (thinking of Rev. Wright)...condone racism? Say a priest who is a KKK member?http://caosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/byrd_kkk1.jpg%5D

So freedom of speech is okay with you, provided that it meets with the Bible's approval?

prohibiting people from joining a group with such racist opinions, contradicting what the Bible tells usWhere's it say that?

FlaGator
02-11-2009, 08:46 AM
What you may not have realized is that the British Nationalist Party is England's version of the KKK. The party is fascist and fueled by racism. I can't tell you what to think of the party, but for a church member to be so extremely racist is a large problem. Indeed, I agree with the Church's stance on prohibiting people from joining a group with such racist opinions, contradicting what the Bible tells us. Do you think a church in America would...err should (thinking of Rev. Wright)...condone racism? Say a priest who is a KKK member?

There is no single national church in America and some of the denominations are racists (Church of the Creator), some are homophobic (Westbro Baptist Church) and there are many others that violate different aspects of the Christian faith. Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in the Godhood of Christ. The Universal Church teaches salvation for all. The National Episcopal Church endorses abortion rights and is attempting to establish same sex marriage ceremonies. What do you propose Christians should do about them? I don't believe that anything can be done about them. Christ warned us of false teachings and told us to recognize them for what they are and shun them.

Scripture also tells us that we can't apply the standards of the Christian faith to the world of non-believers. With this in mind, I think that the Church of England is behaving within the letter of the law, but are they keeping faith with the spirit of the law? Wouldn't it be better to convince those exhibiting racist behavior that the behavior is not Christ-like and not Biblically ordained. As Christ said, the healthy do not need a physician. Also, Christ told us to be light and salt to the world. What messages does it send to the world if we are not willing to try and heal our own?

FlaGator
02-11-2009, 08:51 AM
http://caosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/byrd_kkk1.jpg%5D

So freedom of speech is okay with you, provided that it meets with the Bible's approval?

Where's it say that?

With in the Church, among believers this is an acceptable acceptable action.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13

I have written you in my letter not to associaten with sexually immoral people - not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brotherp but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outsides the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you."