PDA

View Full Version : Crap, Crap, CRAP!

asdf2231
02-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Severe Weather Alert

/O.NEW.KMKX.WS.A.0001.090218T0000Z- 090219T0000Z/ MARQUETTE-GREEN LAKE- FOND DU LAC-SHEBOYGAN-SAUK-COLUMBIA- DODGE- WASHINGTON-OZAUKEE-IOWA-DANE- JEFFERSON-WAUKESHA-MILWAUKEE- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MONTELLO... BERLIN...FOND DU LAC... SHEBOYGAN... BARABOO...PORTAGE...WISCONSIN DELLS... BEAVER DAM... WEST BEND...PORT WASHINGTON...DODGEVILLE...MADISON... JEFFERSON... LAKE MILLS...WAUKESHA... BROOKFIELD...MILWAUKEE 253 PM CST MON FEB 16 2009
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

THE PRECIPITATION WILL START OFF AS A MIXTURE OF RAIN AND SNOW TUESDAY EVENING BUT CHANGE TO ALL SNOW LATE TUESDAY NIGHT AS COLDER AIR FILTERS INTO THE STORM. SNOW WILL THEN CONTINUE THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED OVER SOUTH CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN NORTH OF A LINE FROM OAK CREEK TO WHITEWATER TO STOUGHTON TO DODGEVILLE. AMOUNTS WILL TAPER OFF TO 4 TO 6 INCHES NEAR THE ILLINOIS BORDER.

NORTHWEST WINDS ON WEDNESDAY WILL INCREASE TO 15 TO 25 MPH...WHICH WILL ALLOW FOR SOME MINOR BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF THE SNOW IN OPEN AND EXPOSED AREAS. THE WETNESS OF THE SNOW WILL MINIMIZE THE DRIFTING.

A WINTER STORM WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN HEAVY SNOW...SLEET...AND/OR FREEZING RAIN IS EXPECTED TO ACCUMULATE TO LEVELS THAT WILL CAUSE MAJOR IMPACTS TO COMMERCE AND SOCIETY. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS FOR UPDATES AND POSSIBLE WARNINGS.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr...

Gingersnap
02-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Neener, neener, neener!

*adjusts bindings and pushes off* :D

megimoo
02-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrr...This isn't lounge material, move it to weather !

asdf2231
02-16-2009, 05:47 PM
This isn't lounge material, move it to weather !

Geez Moo I'm sorry already! :p

They didn't exactly hand us a Moderators Handbook when they turned us loose. :)

Gingersnap
02-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Geez Moo I'm sorry already! :p

They didn't exactly hand us a Moderators Handbook when they turned us loose. :)

It could go in either place. If it was funny and entertaining, it could be in the Lounge. If it was informative and technical, it could go in Weather.

Relax you guys. :)

ljswisc
02-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrr...

:mad: So err... Kenosha wouldn't be considered part of that southeast Wisconsin coverage would it? :rolleyes:

Grrrrrrr....

megimoo
02-16-2009, 05:57 PM
It could go in either place. If it was funny and entertaining, it could be in the Lounge. If it was informative and technical, it could go in Weather.

Relax you guys. :)While we are on the subject did you leave a note/guide/ruling that affairs of the gun/firearms/weapons/civilian/military belong in the lounge or has that changed also ?

asdf2231
02-16-2009, 05:59 PM
:mad: So err... Kenosha wouldn't be considered part of that southeast Wisconsin coverage would it? :rolleyes:

Grrrrrrr....

HI!

Isn't Wisconsin GRAND! :p

AHeneen
02-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Would I make you feel bad if I told you I spent the day outside wearing shorts & a t-shirt and got sunburned? On a more serious note, hope the snow isn't as bad as they predict and you can have an excuse to miss work and other things.

Gingersnap
02-16-2009, 06:21 PM
While we are on the subject did you leave a note/guide/ruling that affairs of the gun/firearms/weapons/civilian/military belong in the lounge or has that changed also ?

Yes, I did. The Lounge remains a safe haven for firearms discussions. :)

FlaGator
02-16-2009, 06:23 PM
While we are on the subject did you leave a note/guide/ruling that affairs of the gun/firearms/weapons/civilian/military belong in the lounge or has that changed also ?

It's taken care of. You keep posting and we'll keep moving 'em. :D

SarasotaRepub
02-17-2009, 07:24 AM
LOL!!! I used to live in Oak Creek. :D