PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court Bans Death Penalty For Child Rape Cases... Dummies Party

MoshMasterD
06-25-2008, 12:12 PM
LINKO (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3367261)

antifaschits (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-25-08 10:08 AM
Original message
Supreme Court bans death penalty in child rape cases
Source: MSNBC just reported this

MSNBC just reported this. Wow. Is the SC becoming constitutional or something?

No link yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. Is the SC becoming constitutional or something?

zanne (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-25-08 10:10 AM
Response to Original message
1. Good ruling. Thank God. nt

marshall (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-25-08 10:59 AM
Response to Reply #1
26. Aren;'t most child rapists mentally ill?
They need treatment and rehabilitation--as well as protection within the prison community.

gaijinlaw (24 posts) Wed Jun-25-08 10:25 AM
Response to Original message
12. You can't go around killing people just because they deserve to die.
I oppose the death penalty only because I don't think the state should legitimately hold the power to kill its citizens.

That doesn't change the fact that there are people out there that need killin'.
I wonder who?!?

movie buff
06-26-2008, 01:12 PM
The OP's comment was so stupid. I don't think there is a ban on the death penalty anywhere in the Constitution.

ReaganForRus
06-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Actually there is a death penalty on child rape......if the child is killed. Personally, I liked the direction Jindal took in Louisiana in which he signed a law permitting chemical castration of rapists (in addition to the jail time sentenced). As to the death penalty for kiddie rapists, I'm against it............just let the general prison population that there is a child molester/rapist coming in and the molester/rapist would end up wishing for the death penalty.

biccat
06-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Actually there is a death penalty on child rape......if the child is killed. Personally, I liked the direction Jindal took in Louisiana in which he signed a law permitting chemical castration of rapists (in addition to the jail time sentenced). As to the death penalty for kiddie rapists, I'm against it............just let the general prison population that there is a child molester/rapist coming in and the molester/rapist would end up wishing for the death penalty.
Chemical castration - does that involve dipping the offending parts in a vat of acid?

ReaganForRus
06-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Lol...........no, it involves an injection of a chemical that causes Mr. Testis to shrivel up. :D

Odysseus
06-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Lol...........no, it involves an injection of a chemical that causes Mr. Testis to shrivel up. :D

Unfortunately, a lot of these guys will continue to be predators, they just won't be able to commit the rapes with their own equipment. That's why they should never be released.