PDA

View Full Version : Leftwing Nova M Radio Folds; Randi Rhodes MIA

SarasotaRepub
02-18-2009, 01:51 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2009/02/18/leftwing-nova-m-radio-folds-randi-rhodes-mia)

Alert Bill Press and the other liberals who want to re-institute the "Fairness Doctrine." The free market continues to be at work weeding out shows that most folks don't want to listen to. The latest casualty is Nova M radio which syndicated such shows as Randi Rhodes and Mike Malloy. The reports are now coming in fast and furious about the demise of Nova M so here is the latest from Brian Maloney of The Radio Equalizer (http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2009/02/libtalk-network-novam-to-shut-down.html):

asdf2231
02-18-2009, 01:52 PM
He, heh, heh...

:D

PoliCon
02-18-2009, 02:10 PM
He, heh, heh...

:D

don't laugh. They'll use this an evidence of how Rush and conservative talk radio need to be shut down. :mad: The people here in Pittsburgh seem to actually think the fairness doctrine is a good idea - at least that seems to be the sentiments being expressed on KDKA radio when I listen in the evenings. . . . .:(

Apocalypse
02-18-2009, 02:39 PM
I was reading on this.

Nova was in major financial trouble, let one or two other smaller talk show host go and replaced them with infomercials.

Then Randy disappeared.

Randy said that Nova wouldn't let her back on. And said that she was looking for another host to carry her talk show.

TO ALL:

NOVA M RADIO HAS NOT YET CORRECTED THE PROBLEM THAT HAS KEPT ME OFF THE AIR
DESPITE MY STRONG DESIRE AND READINESS TO BROADCAST MY SHOW. RESPECTING THE
EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP THAT HAS EXISTED BETWEEN NOVA M AND ME, AND
EXPECTING THE SOLUTION TO BE QUICKLY ACHIEVED, DETAILS OF THE TRIGGERING
EVENT WERE WITHHELD IN GOOD FAITH. BUT I CAN TELL YOU THIS MUCH: ANY
STATEMENT IMPLICATING ME AS BEING IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISRUPTION
IN THE RANDI RHODES SHOW IS PATENTLY FALSE. THIS ENTIRE SITUATION IS
SOLELY WITHIN THE CONTROL OF NOVA M.

IN LIGHT OF MOST RECENT DEVELOPMENTS, MY SHOW WILL BE SEEKING A NEW HOME.
I WOULD ASK FOR YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE AND INDULGENCE IN RESPECTING MY
RIGHTS DURING THIS TIME. YOUR UNWAVERING SUPPORT IS CHERISHED. THANK YOU.

RANDI RHODES

Then Nova's people started talking.

(by Sean Ryan, nova m board op)

by sean ryan on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:34 am

Randi's Contract is not up till 4-15-09 what she is pulling now is deploreable, she really thinks highly of herself to think she is going to get more money. Her show already costs Nova M $600,000.00 a year! And what does she think, that there are other Progressive Networks ready to grab up a Very High Maintence Personality? Randi Rhodes has been the downfall of The Nova M Radio Network. She must think that going on strike will bring Manzo back, WRONG! And now Manzo has sued the Drobny's, Nova M and Me. He must think that a lawsuit will get him back like it did Dr.Mike Newcomb. Yes the Drobny's settled with Dr.Mike and that's how he got his 2 hours every weekday afternoon. I'll be surprised if Nova M makes it till the end of the month.

Of course Randi has completely disrepected her fan base with her tantrums and demands which shows Randi only cares about Randi. Period

She wanted even more money, got told no, and went on strike. Nova is bankrupt and folding, and now she is begging for work her self.

And for a little laugh on all of this...

In a follow-up, Drobny confirms that Malloy has found a way to continue broadcasting. Meanwhile, Rhodes flagship WJNO in West Palm Beach has temporarily substituted Sean Hannity's program in the afternoon slot due to the absence of her program.

PoliCon
02-18-2009, 03:49 PM
In a follow-up, Drobny confirms that Malloy has found a way to continue broadcasting. Meanwhile, Rhodes flagship WJNO in West Palm Beach has temporarily substituted Sean Hannity's program in the afternoon slot due to the absence of her program. rotflmbfwao!

ralph wiggum
02-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Poor Fister, what on earth will his White Rose Society archive now? :D :D

SarasotaRepub
02-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Poor Fister, what on earth will his White Rose Society archive now? :D :D

Dust comes to mind!!!:D

Bubba Dawg
02-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Randy is an extremist and a flake. She also lacks talent. I listened to her show in the past and haven't, and won't, miss her now.

jinxmchue
02-19-2009, 10:07 AM
TO ALL:

NOVA M RADIO HAS NOT YET CORRECTED THE PROBLEM THAT HAS KEPT ME OFF THE AIR
DESPITE MY STRONG DESIRE AND READINESS TO BROADCAST MY SHOW. RESPECTING THE
EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP THAT HAS EXISTED BETWEEN NOVA M AND ME, AND
EXPECTING THE SOLUTION TO BE QUICKLY ACHIEVED, DETAILS OF THE TRIGGERING
EVENT WERE WITHHELD IN GOOD FAITH. BUT I CAN TELL YOU THIS MUCH: ANY
STATEMENT IMPLICATING ME AS BEING IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISRUPTION
IN THE RANDI RHODES SHOW IS PATENTLY FALSE. THIS ENTIRE SITUATION IS
SOLELY WITHIN THE CONTROL OF NOVA M.

IN LIGHT OF MOST RECENT DEVELOPMENTS, MY SHOW WILL BE SEEKING A NEW HOME.
I WOULD ASK FOR YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE AND INDULGENCE IN RESPECTING MY
RIGHTS DURING THIS TIME. YOUR UNWAVERING SUPPORT IS CHERISHED. THANK YOU.

RANDI RHODES

Don't you just hate it when people post/email in all caps?

patriot45
02-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Don't you just hate it when people post/email in all caps?

Have you ever heard that witch? Thats how she cackles, very hard on the ears!

Apocalypse
02-19-2009, 11:47 AM
I popped over to Nova M's boards to see if I could get another laugh.... Yep.

Sorry for the mile long post.

To all of Randi's listeners;

You are all correct - I have not had the option to disclose what has been happening between Randi and Nova M...

You see, it's in her contract that she has total control, but, after Wednesday night, I want you all to know that Nova M has done everything we can to get her back on the air.

All this is her choice; if she wants to tell you all what the issue is, then I hope she does, but I can't according to her contract rules.

But I can tell you this - I have wanted her back on the air. She's an amazing talent and needs to be heard.

Thank you all for all of your support.

Randi now has to make her decisions as to what she must do with her career...

Anita Drobny

Yea....

Now digging a little deeper...

However, the consensus is that her flagship station, Clear Channel-owned WJNO in West Palm Beach, FL, has been making preparations for her to return to a local-only show. It will likely not be syndicated.

Translation, the rest of the US wont have to listen to her any more. Haha

Next quote, mine is red.

The drama continues...

There are many reports circulating today claiming many different things in regard to the status of Randi Rhodes and her (now former) employer, Nova M Radio. For those of you keeping score at home, here's where it all stands:

1. Randi Rhodes and Nova M Radio are apparently through with each other. As mentioned in an update to a previous entry, she has issued a vague statement claiming that the problems that have kept Rhodes' show off the air are not of her doing. Should be, Randy is suing them.

2. If and when she comes back, will anyone still want her? One programmer that's sick and tired of all the finger-pointing and back-and-forth legal letters was at one time one of her biggest supporters, John Scott of Green 960 in San Francisco. In a blog post, he says that he will offer the station's highest-rated host, Stephanie Miller, in a replay during the 4-7P PT timeslot, observing that his listeners want to be entertained rather than listen to what he calls "Debbie Downers":

I do not know if Randi Rhodes is coming back. I have spoken to program directors and talkhosts around the country this past weekend, and this is what I came up with: The network [Nova M] is in chaos, Randi is on the bench, and this might be it.” Scott deduces that Randi “is fighting with [Nova M] over a contractual issue, and is apparently not coming back to Nova M unless they do some stuff for her. I am not assigning blame here, but the bottom line is, the show I made a deal with Nova M for is not available. And I may be prepared to move on, friends...

While Rush and Hannity and Mark Levin and Hedgecock and Michael Savage chug along, full steam ahead, I am surrounded by drama, inconsistency, miscommunication, ego and a trail of wreckage of some very, very bad decisions made by the networks who supply the shows to affiliates like Green 960.

3. Rumors are swirling right now that Nova M has folded. Proving that he's in a world of his own, the Tranquilizer is claiming that Rhodes' lawyer sent him a letter claiming that Nova M didn't make payroll and is about to fold, that Mike Malloy's show has been cancelled and that the network's co-founder, Sheldon Drobny, is in the hospital after an apparent 'suicide attempt.' Suicide??? Basically, Brian Maloney has topped himself on the crass-o-meter.

Sheldon's wife, Anita, confirmed that her husband was in the hospital, but it was a 'nervous breakdown'. So, like anything regarding either Nova M, Randi Rhodes or, heck, most liberal talk radio in general, there are a lot of mixed signals here...Nervous Breakdown? Take note of this one....

From Rhodes' attorney, Robert V. Gaulin. Remember, it's basically their side of the story. Take it for what it's worth:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Randi Rhodes’ on-air home for less than a year will shut its doors. In an email message of February 17th from counsel for Nova M Radio, Inc. to Randi’s entertainment attorney, Robert V. Gaulin, the company is said to have been advised to file for bankruptcy protection next week. All payroll deposits were reversed on Tuesday, leaving Nova’s employees unpaid for the past two weeks. On Sunday, Nova received a letter from Mr. Gaulin asserting that the contract with Ms. Rhodes was terminated due to material breaches and other reasons. Ms. Rhodes had not broadcast for over a week prior to this time, a situation which was diplomatically referred to as a “problem” that was solely within Nova’s control to solve. A few days earlier, Sheldon Drobny, founder of Nova M, and a co-founder of Air America Radio, attempted suicide and is hospitalized in Chicago.

Mr. Gaulin indicated on Randi’s behalf that “We saw this coming, but are most saddened by the tragic news regarding Sheldon Drobny. Randi is devastated by the impact of these events upon her fiercely loyal audience, affiliates and sponsors. Discussions are already being conducted for Randi’s swift return to the air. Stay tuned…”

Thank you

Robert V. Gaulin
GAULIN GROUP PLLC
COUNSELORS AT LAW

"There were so many breaches of my contract it’s not even funny," Rhodes said when asked if the company’s failure to pay for her libel insurance kept her off the air. "I’ll probably sue them. I should never have gone there."

On Nova M becoming On Second Thought: "Oh sure, they’re dismantling that company so they don’t have to pay me, and they’ll start another one this week."

And, on her return: "Big stations, small stations, they’re all calling,” Rhodes said. “I don’t know how long it’ll take, but I’m trying to get back on as soon as possible. It feels too weird not to be on the air in West Palm."

Read the whole thing at Page 2 Live.
http://www.page2live.com/2009/02/18/radios-randi-rhodes-is-off-the-air-again/#more-4445

Nova M Radio has indeed filed for bankruptcy liquidation.

Anita and Sheldon Drobny founded Nova M in 2006 and have been funding the business partly out of their own pockets. Ms. Drobny says she and her husband had poured their own money into Nova M, but the business became unsustainable last fall. As advertising revenue plummeted, so did the Drobnys' personal portfolio, making it impossible for them to keep supporting the company. Toward the end, Nova M lost $100,000 a month. The financial stresses eventually affected her husband's health, she says, leading to the breakdown that landed him in the hospital.

"There were so many wealthy progressives out there that could have made [progressive radio] happen," she said, but they didn't want to help. "It ended up being on Sheldon's shoulders."