PDA

View Full Version : The Greenest Dog and Poney Show on Earth:Democrats Gear Up for Denver

megimoo
06-25-2008, 06:19 PM
"Have you noticed that some of These people are truly insane "

From Organic Fanny Packs to 'Pure' Trash, Party Planners Face Logistical Nightmare

As the Mile High City gears up to host a Democratic bash for 50,000, organizers are discovering the perils of trying to stage a political spectacle that's also politically correct. Consider the fanny packs. The host committee for the Democratic National Convention wanted 15,000 fanny packs for volunteers. But they had to be made of organic cotton. By unionized labor. In the USA. Official merchandiser Bob DeMasse scoured the country. His weary conclusion: "That just doesn't exist." Ditto for the baseball caps.

Much of the hand-wringing can be blamed on Denver's Democratic mayor, John Hickenlooper, who challenged his party and his city to "make this the greenest convention in the history of the planet."

Convention organizers hired the first-ever Director of Greening, longtime environmental activist Andrea Robinson. Her response to the mayor's challenge: "That terrifies me!"

After all, the last time Democrats met in Denver -- to nominate William Jennings Bryan in 1908 -- they dispatched horse-drawn wagons to bring snow from the Rocky Mountains to cool the meeting hall. Ms. Robinson suspected modern-day delegates would prefer air conditioning. So she quickly modified the mayor's goal: She'd supervise "the most sustainable political convention in modern American history."

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB121434145793701111.html?mod=blog

Phillygirl
06-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Linky please.

megimoo
06-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Linky please.Ipso Facto your wish me lady !

Phillygirl
06-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Ipso Facto your wish me lady !

Grazi!....

megimoo
06-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Grazi!...........Prego !

SaintLouieWoman
06-25-2008, 10:26 PM
You've got to love the "Director of Greening". Guess Obama would want to elevate that to a cabinet position.

lacarnut
06-26-2008, 01:12 AM
You've got to love the "Director of Greening". Guess Obama would want to elevate that to a cabinet position.

Only thing Obama is going to elevate is his whining and crying when McCain puts an good ass whipping on him.

Gingersnap
06-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Watching the greening frenzy from afar, Fred L. Smith Jr., president of the libertarian Washington think tank Competitive Enterprise Institute, suggested the Democrats could really shrink their footprint by staging a virtual-reality convention: "Just have everyone stay at home with their laptops, sitting in their pajamas, interacting through their avatars."

I totally agree with this. There is no practical point to a live national convention anymore. Denver will spend millions on security and clean-up. All that money-shuffling by attendees won't materially benefit the city at all once the bills come due.

megimoo
06-26-2008, 12:56 PM
I totally agree with this. There is no practical point to a live national convention anymore. Denver will spend millions on security and clean-up. All that money-shuffling by attendees won't materially benefit the city at all once the bills come due.The roar of the loons and the smell of the unwashed liberal crowd would be lost !

Gingersnap
06-26-2008, 01:26 PM
The roar of the loons and the smell of the unwashed liberal crowd would be lost !

We can download it from YouTube.

LogansPapa
06-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Wonder how many unshaved legs an armpits will be in attendance of the female persuasion (very wide latitude there) and just the opposite for the male convention go’ers? :p

megimoo
06-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Wonder how many unshaved legs an armpits will be in attendance of the female persuasion (very wide latitude there) and just the opposite for the male convention go’ers? :pWhy not go and sniff a few.There all your kind of people but always remember the California state motto."Woman are allright but there's nothing like the 'real 'thing !"

LogansPapa
06-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Why not go and sniff a few.There all your kind of people but always remember the California state motto."Woman are allright but there's nothing like the 'real 'thing !"

What would you know about women, Spineless? :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
06-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Wonder how many unshaved legs an armpits will be in attendance of the female persuasion (very wide latitude there) and just the opposite for the male convention go’ers? :p

I'll try to get a rough head-count when I go in August. :D

Eyelids
06-26-2008, 05:13 PM

This alone makes me agree with the idea of holding the convention on the internet.

megimoo
06-26-2008, 05:26 PM
What would you know about women, Spineless? :rolleyes:Whoo it's got its widdle feelings hurt because Sara yelled at it for being an mean widdle Israeli hater.Get over it Horace and behave yourself.Next time bammmmm and you are gone. We will have to enlist another DUmpMonkey to be our new 'ChewToy' ! .

megimoo
06-26-2008, 05:28 PM
We can download it from YouTube.They have smellVision too ?

LogansPapa
06-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Whoo it's got its widdle feelings hurt because Sara yelled at it for being an mean widdle Israeli hater.Get over it Horace and behave yourself.Next time bammmmm and you are gone. We will have to enlist another DUmpMonkey to be our new 'ChewToy' ! .

Who the Hell is "we", Spineless? Understand that he's not the only one that corssed the line of being less than a man about this - you're his sidekick and just as much a jellyfish. You've been called out and lacking - so get used to your label, Spineless.