PDA

View Full Version : California Alert (California Legislature Passes Budget with massive tax hikes)

megimoo
02-19-2009, 10:44 AM
California Alert (California Legislature Passes Budget with massive tax hikes)
State Assembly joins Senate in passing budget, No story yet just banner .

"They're Leaving California Like CockRoaches But Arizona,Oregon,Washington all say go east,
much further East ! New York City Is Nice This Time Of Year ."

Heard today that the Tax hikes will average $10,000 over the next 5 years for every CA taxpayer. They had a $40 Billion budget shortfall. What you don’t hear about is that the State could have received $50 Billion for issuing off shore oil leases off Santa Barbara Coast. These leases wouldn’t have caused any new drilling as the oil could have been extracted from land using “Slant Well Drilling”. But of course, this is environmentally conscious California. What a bunch of Loons.

Zeus
02-19-2009, 11:14 AM
California Alert {California Legislature Passes Budget with massive tax hikes}
State Assembly joins Senate in passing budget, No story yet just banner .

"They're Leaving California Like CockRoaches But Arizona,Oregon,Washington all say go east,
much further East ! New York City Is Nice This Time Of Year ."

Heard today that the Tax hikes will average $10,000 over the next 5 years for every CA taxpayer. They had a $40 Billion budget shortfall. What you don’t hear about is that the State could have received $50 Billion for issuing off shore oil leases off Santa Barbara Coast. These leases wouldn’t have caused any new drilling as the oil could have been extracted from land using “Slant Well Drilling”. But of course, this is environmentally conscious California. What a bunch of Loons.

I saw that on the news yesterday. My thoughts after seeing & hearing about that are if the Kalifornians put up with that deserve all the misery they brought on themselves.

tacitus
02-19-2009, 11:20 AM
I would say 'Let the Exodus Begin' but I suspect home sales in CA have tanked and it's a bit hard to start over again without some $$$. We could give CA back to MX but I don't think they want it either.