PDA

View Full Version : Zoicks! It's Thursday!

DarkScribe
06-26-2008, 08:13 AM
TOTD: What was your favorite (or more than one) childhood TV show (s)? This can be from very young to teens. Mine varied. Of course, my brother and I loved watching the original Looney Tunes cartoons with Bugs, Daffy, Elmer Fudd, and Sylvester...classics. Land of the Lost. The original Spider-Man cartoon and the 80's version. I admit I did watch Super Friends at one point and Justice League. I really liked Battle of the Planets, but it was always on at weird times, like super late or very early. And of course, the classic Creature Feature on Saturdays, on the old channel 44 WTOG out of Tampa. Doctor Paul Bearer was the host and very cool. I can recall watching The Hulk, Wonder Woman, Dukes of Hazzard, and the live-action Spider-Man TV show.

linda22003
06-26-2008, 08:18 AM
The Warner Brothers cartoons were the best. And since I'm considerably your senior, I remember a childhood where they were shown unedited and non-PC; Bugs still helped fight the Japanese and the Germans.

biccat
06-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Weather here is rainy all day, and all day tomorrow. Going to be a miserable end to the week.

TOTD: I suppose I'm one of the younger ones here, but I liked shows like Fraggle Rock, Tiny Toons, and Animaniacs.

There were probably some others, but I can't remember them all right now.

Gingersnap
06-26-2008, 09:43 AM
It's going to be kind of hot here today but I managed to reseed the back lawn so I don't care. :)

TOTD: I was a pretty active child. Sitting in front of the tube on Saturday wasn't really my thing. The adults firmly controlled the TV in my house so we basically only saw what they were watching and they didn't watch a lot.

Shannon
06-26-2008, 11:15 AM
As a very young kid I loved to watch Chips and Dukes of Hazzard. I loved the G.I. Joe cartoons later on. My favorite sitcoms from childhood were The Cosby Show and Family Ties.

dixierat
06-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Gunsmoke. Other shows were good, too, but Gunsmoke was my fav.

There was a shortlived series in the early 60's about Medal of Honor winners. Told their stories. Mainly of WWII guys who got the MOH posthumously. It was inspiring to my young mind.

:cool:

movie buff
06-26-2008, 12:44 PM
TOTD: All kinds of shows. I remember watching a lot of the cartoons that biccat talked about. I also loved Nickeodeon's many shows as a kid (i.e. their cartoon shows like 'Doug' and 'Ren and Stimpy,' and their awesome live- action shows like 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?', 'The Adventures of Pete & Pete,' and 'Salute Your Shorts'), since I was a kid in the 90s, when Nickelodeon was in its Golden Age. It makes me sad, that the shows on Nick now are almost all brainless crap, I feel bad for the kids today that weren't able to watch the wonderful shows I grew up with.

biccat
06-26-2008, 01:00 PM
I also loved Nickeodeon's many shows as a kid (i.e. their cartoon shows like 'Doug' and 'Ren and Stimpy,' and their awesome live- action shows like 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?', 'The Adventures of Pete & Pete,' and 'Salute Your Shorts'), since I was a kid in the 90s, when Nickelodeon was in its Golden Age.
Oh man, I forgot about Pete & Pete and all of the great Nick shows. "You Can't Do That on Television" was another excellent offering.

BSR
06-26-2008, 01:12 PM
I think you meant "Zoinks" :rolleyes:

asdf2231
06-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Adam-12, Emergency, The Lone Ranger, Combat, The Wonderful World Of Disney every Sunday night, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, Swat. Lotta cool shows when I was still a tadpole.

Bubba Dawg
06-26-2008, 05:56 PM
The Looney Tunes. Bugs Bunny. Road Runner. Foghorn Leghorn, all those.

Then, all the westerns. All of them. When I learned to shoot, it was with a twenty two single action revolver in a western fast draw rig. After that, the calibers got bigger but everything else was pretty much the same.

I loved Gunsmoke and Bonanza. All of them.

I also liked the Monkees. Is that weird?

Shannon
06-26-2008, 05:58 PM
I also liked the Monkees. Is that weird?

Not for someone of your "persuasion".

BSR
06-26-2008, 06:00 PM

Dude, I think she just called you french....

Wait, what?

Bubba Dawg
06-26-2008, 06:07 PM

But they were so funny. And they would have been so influential if their album hadn't been released at the same time as Sargent Pepper....okay....that's pretty lame...

But they were funny.

And then they broke up, and there was only one Monkee...or Monkey....

And he couldn't really sing Hey Hey I'm the Monkey and maintain credibility.....

I mean, there was a bit of credibility.......a wee bit....um...

At least they never formed Monkee Wings.

Shannon
06-26-2008, 06:09 PM
At least they never formed Monkee Wings.

Well, that's true.

MstrBlue
06-26-2008, 10:10 PM
TOTD: Gilligan's Island - I still think that Gilligan should have spent more time with Maryanne...:D
Hogan's Heroes
The Original Batman!
Star Trek (Original Series)

Cold Warrior
06-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Rainy in the Commie Cesspool, but fairly nice back here in the Capital of Dull.

TOTD:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd266/maryellenrogers/dobie-gillis.jpg

lacarnut
06-26-2008, 10:53 PM
My favorites were the Honeymooners, Red Skelton, Jack Benny and the old cartoons on Sat. am. plus Friday night fights, American Bandstand, etc. etc. Those were the good old days of TV.

Goldwater
06-26-2008, 10:57 PM
The Munsters or whatever it was called, that was weird yet I watched it, Rosanne was on a lot too... I was a strange child.