PDA

View Full Version : Dutch MP who was banned from Britain for his anti-Islam film is welcomed in the US

PoliCon
02-24-2009, 01:54 PM
By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 11:04 AM on 24th February 2009

A controversial Dutch MP banned from Britain for his fair right views will be allowed to screen his controversial anti-Islamic film in United States.

Geert Wilders, who was last month refused entry into Britain, will screen screen his anti-Islam film Fitna in Washington in two days time.

Republican Senator Jon Kyl will host Thursday's film screening for the far-right Dutch lawmaker who claims that Islam inspires terrorism.

The 15-minute film sparked controversy after it juxtaposed verses from the Koran with images of violence by Muslims.

Wilders had been invited to Britain by a member of Parliament's upper house, the House of Lords, to show his film.

But the British government refused his entry into the country, saying he posed a threat to 'community harmony.'

CONTINUED (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1153925/Now-Dutch-MP-banned-Britain-anti-Islam-film-welcomed-U-S.html)

Odysseus
02-24-2009, 02:43 PM
By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 11:04 AM on 24th February 2009

A controversial Dutch MP banned from Britain for his fair right views will be allowed to screen his controversial anti-Islamic film in United States.

Geert Wilders, who was last month refused entry into Britain, will screen screen his anti-Islam film Fitna in Washington in two days time.

Republican Senator Jon Kyl will host Thursday's film screening for the far-right Dutch lawmaker who claims that Islam inspires terrorism.

The 15-minute film sparked controversy after it juxtaposed verses from the Koran with images of violence by Muslims.

Wilders had been invited to Britain by a member of Parliament's upper house, the House of Lords, to show his film.

But the British government refused his entry into the country, saying he posed a threat to 'community harmony.'

CONTINUED (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1153925/Now-Dutch-MP-banned-Britain-anti-Islam-film-welcomed-U-S.html)

Let's hear it for the First Amendment!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-bounce014.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

noonwitch
02-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Ayaan Hirsi Ali is currently living in the US because the dutch tried to strip her of her citizenship because of her strong words against Islam as it is practiced in most places. She was a member of the dutch parliament at one point, but resigned due to a controversy about how she didn't disclose her family name when she sought refugee status-she was afraid of reprisals. All of the actions the dutch government chose to take after she became an outspoken critic of Islam. If a woman raised as a muslim can't criticize the religion....

She has some strong allies, though. Christopher Hitchens has taken up her cause and wrote the forward to her book, which I'm almost done reading. There are other dutch politicians on her side, but I think she feels safer at this point in the US. She was getting a lot of death threats, the most famous one being the one pinned to Theo van Gogh's body by his killer.

Hugh Lincoln
02-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Europe is cursed with crazy political correctness crap, like "Holocaust denial" laws or laws against "insulting Muslims," but it has heroes like Wilders, and strong patriotic parties like the British National Party.

If we could combine their parties and our First Amendment, that would be great!

Sonnabend
02-28-2009, 02:02 PM
The BNP is not what I would call a good set of people to associate with.

According to its constitution, the BNP is "committed to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent the overwhelmingly white makeup of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948."[19] The BNP also proposes "firm but voluntary incentives for immigrants and their descendants to return home.

Hugh Lincoln
02-28-2009, 06:03 PM
The BNP is not what I would call a good set of people to associate with.

So you support turning Britain into an outpost of the Islamic world?

So far, you're winning.

Goldwater
02-28-2009, 06:15 PM

So far, you're winning.

Sonnabend is right, the BNP isn't an ally of anyone except for maybe the KKK.

Sonnabend
02-28-2009, 07:36 PM

I dont support white supremacists of any stripe, anywhere.The BNP is predicated on racial idiocy. That kind of stupidity needs no help and even less support.

Immigration has always been a hot button issue...but when you start talking about "a white Britain" you leave reality and enter the world of the lunatic fringe.

Not where we need to go.

So far, you're winning.

Reasoned debate, yes. BNP as anything less than the looney far far right? no.

Hugh Lincoln
02-28-2009, 11:11 PM
The BNP is predicated on racial idiocy.

It's "racial idiocy" for white Britons to want to preserve themselves? Would you propose it's "racial idiocy" for Jews to want to keep Israel Jewish?

Do you also support banning Geert Wilders from Britain?

Sonnabend
02-28-2009, 11:31 PM
It's "racial idiocy" for white Britons to want to preserve themselves?

Anyone who espouses "white supremacy" needs psychiatric care. And has no place here, either.

Would you propose it's "racial idiocy" for Jews to want to keep Israel Jewish?

Israel, my dear troll, happens to be home to many faiths.

Do you also support banning Geert Wilders from Britain?

Nope. I also don't support the BNP.

BTW...who are you?

PoliCon
03-01-2009, 12:52 AM
You don't have to support them to support their rights to believe what they want.

Sonnabend
03-01-2009, 01:55 PM
You don't have to support them to support their rights to believe what they want.

1.They're British so the 1st Amendment doesn't apply
2. "White power" = raving looney

They can believe what they want, and I am free to call them what they are.

Batshit insane.

PoliCon
03-01-2009, 02:19 PM

Batshit insane.

By all means do!

Hugh Lincoln
03-12-2009, 02:34 PM
1.They're British so the 1st Amendment doesn't apply
2. "White power" = raving looney

Batshit insane.

Still not clear on why whites wanting to preserve themselves is a bad thing. From your posts, you obviously support Jews wanting that... why not whites?

asdf2231
03-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Still not clear on why whites wanting to preserve themselves is a bad thing. From your posts, you obviously support Jews wanting that... why not whites?

Nobody is systematically trying to eliminate White people are they?

Nor are there rockets flying out of the ghettos .

try another straw man because that one is a little raggedy.

Hugh Lincoln
03-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Nobody is systematically trying to eliminate White people are they?

Dude, do you follow events?

I guess the best way to systematically destroy a people is to convince them no such thing is going on. And the minute someone points out what's going on -- like Geert Wilders -- ban him from the country.

There's no reason to ban someone if you have counter-argument. White advocates get this all the time. Nobody will debate them --- just ban them from even speaking. Piece of cake.

PoliCon
03-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Do we seriously allow neo-nazi bullshit here? I mean gator is bad - but this . . . . ???

Hugh Lincoln
03-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Do we seriously allow neo-nazi bullshit here? I mean gator is bad - but this . . . . ???

It's NeoNazi to ask if whites have a right to exist?

I can see how that state of affairs would TURN someone into a raving skinhead... you go to a "conservative" chatboard, and every other asshole's got a boner for white genocide. Do we "allow"... lovely. We will allow someone to actually propose in debate that whites have a right of self-determination?

Peter Brimelow is right: a "racist" is someone who's winning an argument with a liberal.

BULLSHIT.

PoliCon
03-13-2009, 04:37 PM
It's NeoNazi to ask if whites have a right to exist?

I can see how that state of affairs would TURN someone into a raving skinhead... you go to a "conservative" chatboard, and every other asshole's got a boner for white genocide. Do we "allow"... lovely. We will allow someone to actually propose in debate that whites have a right of self-determination?

Peter Brimelow is right: a "racist" is someone who's winning an argument with a liberal.

BULLSHIT.
Only racists claim that there is a white genocide. :rolleyes: Non-racists don't even view issues in shades of race. Personally I don't give a shit what color someone's skin is. It's the content of their character that matters. Kindly take your racial bullshit and shove it up your ass.