PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Reporter Out of a Job After Posting Doctored Video Clip

PoliCon
02-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
By Joshua Rhett Miller

A reporter for an NBC affiliate in Baltimore who inserted a racist remark into a video clip of FOX News' John Gibson and posted it on YouTube is no longer employed by the station, FOXNews.com has learned.

The offensive video clip was doctored so that the viewer heard Gibson using the words "bright blue scrotum" in reference to Attorney General Eric Holder, rather than to a defining characteristic of a monkey on the loose in Seattle.

The video circulated rapidly on blogs and news Web sites Thursday and was not corrected for hours.

John Sanders, the technology reporter for WBAL-TV, admitted in a Breitbart.tv report that he was the person responsible for the clip. The station confirmed Sanders' actions on Tuesday and, in a statement, referred to him as a "former" employee.

CONTINUED (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,499525,00.html)

scd1008
02-25-2009, 03:34 PM
I'll believe it when I see the pink slip.
The media tends to 'circle the wagons' when under attack.
Let's face it, The New York Times has been 'doctoring' the truth for years.

AmPat
02-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I agree. Too easy to say he's a "former" employee. Later, If and only If somebody discovers the lie, they'll pretend it's an administrative oversight. I'll believe it when (if) proof is provided.