PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Woman, 86, Gets Phone Sex Bill

megimoo
02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Nebraska Woman, 86, Gets Phone Sex Bill

BELLEVUE, Neb. - An elderly Bellevue woman said she was billed for more than $1,000 in phone sex calls that she never made. Arlene Hald, 86, said she was surprised to receive a bill addressed to her husband, Sylvester, who has been dead for nearly 20 years. "I've never had a credit card, so I figure it's too late in my life to get started with one," she said. Sylvester Hald never had a credit card, either, yet an account in his name was charged for phone sex services.

"We knew this was wrong," said Arlene Hald's daughter, Peggy Rytych.

Rytych said she suspected her late father was the victim of identity theft and called Preferred Platinum Plan, the billing company. It agreed to forgive the charges.

"So we thought, 'OK, that's the end of it,'" Rytych said. "Then last week, she got a new bill from them in my dad's name and the same address for another $71.49."

snip
The Better Business Bureau gives the California-based company a failing grade.

KETV NewsWatch 7 I-Team investigator Carol Kloss called a company representative. He asked that if Arlene Hald hasn't made the phone calls, who did.

"She has no idea," Kloss said on the phone. "This is an 86-year-old woman. Do you think she has any idea who's making sex phone calls?"

The company representative agreed to remove the latest charge and promised never to bill her again.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29292542/

noonwitch
02-26-2009, 08:54 AM
It wouldn't shock me if my 96 year old grandfather did something like that. He's been lonely since Grandma went to the nursing home, he was lonely for 8 years or so before she died.

But before Grandma had her stroke, they were horndogs.

PoliCon
02-26-2009, 09:07 AM
It wouldn't shock me if my 96 year old grandfather did something like that. He's been lonely since Grandma went to the nursing home, he was lonely for 8 years or so before she died.

But before Grandma had her stroke, they were horndogs.my great great grand father was such a horndog that he got himself a room in the local brothel and LIVED there. :rolleyes: He died in his late 80s. Can you guess what from?

Celtic Rose
02-26-2009, 09:18 AM

But before Grandma had her stroke, they were horndogs.

I know nothing about my grandparents' sex life, and I like it that way :p

PoliCon
02-26-2009, 10:18 AM
I know nothing about my grandparents' sex life, and I like it that way :p

You know that both sets did it at least once - or you wouldn't be here! :p

Celtic Rose
02-26-2009, 10:24 AM
You know that both sets did it at least once - or you wouldn't be here! :p

Three times, I have an aunt and uncle on both sides :p I have no doubt they did plenty when they were younger, I just don't want to know anything about current activities :p

PoliCon
02-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Three times, I have an aunt and uncle on both sides :p I have no doubt they did plenty when they were younger, I just don't want to know anything about current activities :p

my dear - some day you will be their age . . . . do you plan to sit there and do nothing when "it" is available to you?

Celtic Rose
02-26-2009, 02:23 PM
my dear - some day you will be their age . . . . do you plan to sit there and do nothing when "it" is available to you?

No, but I certainly won't tell my grand kids about it ;)

PoliCon
02-26-2009, 03:29 PM
No, but I certainly won't tell my grand kids about it ;)

why not? it's always best to scar them while they're young!