PDA

View Full Version : Car with body inside had seven parking tickets

megimoo
02-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Car with body inside had seven parking tickets

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- A car found in a Gainesville neighborhood with a dead body in the back seat had been ticketed seven times by city parking enforcement. Police found the body when a resident called authorities Monday afternoon to report the car, which had been parked on the street for days.

A preliminary autopsy helped police identify the body as 42-year-old John Waldo, who had been missing since Feb. 11. Police say the autopsy revealed no obvious cause of death. Investigators are awaiting toxicology results, which may take up to six weeks. City records show the first ticket was...snip

A Gainesville city spokesman pointed out that ticket officers are not trained police officers but work out of the city's public works department.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/mostpopular/story/Car-with-body-inside-had-seven-parking-tickets/AR_Scb-7e0a51PEz2QleSg.cspx

Eagle
02-26-2009, 09:00 PM
So?

Gingersnap
02-26-2009, 09:16 PM
How "trained" do you have to be to notice a rotting corpse?

SarasotaRepub
02-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey...it's Florida. :D

PoliCon
02-26-2009, 10:15 PM

EXACTLY what I was thinking . . . .

CorwinK
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM

*sigh* and I live in this retard state. Can I go home to NC yet?

Gingersnap
02-26-2009, 10:36 PM
*sigh* and I live in this retard state. Can I go home to NC yet?

No. A specific number of normal people are predestined to live in Florida to offset the craziness on a cosmic scale.

You may move in 2011. :D

FlaGator
02-26-2009, 11:24 PM
No. A specific number of normal people are predestined to live in Florida to offset the craziness on a cosmic scale.

You may move in 2011. :D

As a native Jacksonvillian I have to ask why does this seem unusual. Everyone knows that an illegally parked car is one of the best places to hide a body. Now if it had 7 parking tickets and someone alive in the back seat, now that would be news worthy.

megimoo
02-26-2009, 11:29 PM
How "trained" do you have to be to notice a rotting corpse?
After a week in the Florida weather even in winter the car should be filled with flys turning the windows black while feeding on the bloated gas filled body and leaving their eggs to hatch into maggot .

"Coffin-Flies (Phoridae)
These are remarkable ugly little flies (between 0.5mm and 6mm long) renowned for the fact that some species of them i.e. Conicera tibialis, can live for a year or more and produce numerous generations inside fully interred coffins, they feed on the dead bodies within. Harold Oldroyd mentions a reliable report in his book "The Ecology of Flies" of a European in Burma passing larva, pupa and adults of an unidentified Phorid suggesting that he had a colony living in his alimentary canal.

freedumb2003
02-26-2009, 11:51 PM
7 Parking Tickets??

Jeeze, what a freaking scofflaw!

Shannon
02-28-2009, 05:34 PM
7 Parking Tickets??

Jeeze, what a freaking scofflaw!

My first and last post on CU 2.0

Or not.:p