PDA

View Full Version : D.C. Voting Measure Clears The Senate

PoliCon
02-27-2009, 01:05 PM
D.C. Voting Measure Clears The Senate

By Mary Beth Sheridan and Hamil R. Harris
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, February 27, 2009; Page A01

The Senate passed a bill yesterday that would give the District a voting seat in the House of Representatives, but lawmakers attached language strongly opposed by city leaders that strips most local gun-control laws.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/26/AR2009022601678.html?hpid=topnews&sub=AR

PoliCon
02-27-2009, 01:06 PM
I am now so incredibly pissed off it's not even funny. I just called all of my representatives and gave them an ear full. If they are not going to uphold the CONSTITUTION of the United States of America - these bastards need to be REMOVED FROM OFFICE!!

lacarnut
02-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Next will be Guam, P.R. Gotta pad that Democrap majority along with throwing the Constitution in the trash can.:mad:

PoliCon
02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Next will be Guam, P.R. Gotta pad that Democrap majority along with throwing the Constitution in the trash can.:mad:

I don't give a shit which party it benefits - the CONSTITUTION limits representation to the STATES. The STATES. THE FUCKING STATES YOU SHIT FOR BRAINED ASSHOLES!! Spector - you are DONE. You will NOT serve another term. :mad:

biccat
02-28-2009, 07:36 AM
They're relying on this part of Article Two for this power:
"To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings"

Does that mean I can get a house seat for my post office? The local military base?

Oh, nevermind, this is just useless politiking.

PoliCon
02-28-2009, 09:39 AM
http://senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=111&session=1&vote=00073 SIX TURNCOAT - PHONEY CONSERVATIVE - RINO - WE WANT THE PRESS TO LOVE US - "republicans" have voted to throw OUT the republic - and the constitution. Suddenly the congress is giving THEMESELVES the right to expand their number???? BULLSHIT.

HELL even Sheets Byrd voted against this!!!!

Coffee Patriot
03-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Constitution of the United States of America. Born 1787. Died 2009. R.I.P.

First we have a man elected President who may or may not be eligible. No court in the country wants to touch any one of a few dozen cases challanging this. If I recall a Federal Court said that it is up to congress, not ordinary citizens to determine the eligibility of a candidate. The senate held eligibility hearings on JOHN MCCAIN to determine if he was eligible, but never considered BHO. So other suits are filed with third party/independents as plantiffs. To date they have gone nowhere. Then Senator Mel Martinez tells a constituent that the courts have ruled that the constitution defines eligible, but provides no mechanism to remove an ineligible person from the elected office. Therefore the task of determining a president's eligibility falls upon the voters. So if the voters elect Vladimir Putin as president, the constitution is tossed aside and he is sworn into office! I cannot believe this! If "Christ in Urine" or "Virgine Mary Covered in Elephant Dung" can be protected under the constitution as free speech, surely someone can find a clause in there to remove an ineligible president from office.

Now D.C. may be allowed a voting member in the house. Where does it end?

Moon
03-06-2009, 06:33 PM
I wonder if Moveon.org will get its own representative, too?

Hugh Lincoln
03-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Republicans would rather shred the Constitution than be accused of being "racist".

AlmostThere
03-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Republicans would rather shred the Constitution than be accused of being "racist".
We, the American people voted every one of those sons of bitches into office. We are getting exactly what the majority wanted. If this doesn't prove that America has a helluva lot of stupid MF's, I don't know what will. :(:(

AlmostThere
03-07-2009, 08:48 PM
They're relying on this part of Article Two for this power:
"To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings"

Does that mean I can get a house seat for my post office? The local military base?

Oh, nevermind, this is just useless politiking.

What about this do you see as giving justification for a vote in the House? :confused:

PoliCon
03-07-2009, 08:58 PM
OKAY - LAWYERS - Who has standing so as to bring a legal challenge to this faggotry?

Hugh Lincoln
03-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Probably nobody. The courts would call it a "non-justiciable political question." For standing, you have to show that you were somehow hurt by this. Harms to be shown are likely too attenuated to pass muster.

PoliCon
03-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Probably nobody. The courts would call it a "non-justiciable political question." For standing, you have to show that you were somehow hurt by this. Harms to be shown are likely too attenuated to pass muster.

You're a lawyer?