PDA

View Full Version : Mindblowing Buildings In the Sky May Solve Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

PoliCon
03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Architecture student Viktor Ramos has a brilliant idea that may be the key to the Israel-Palestinian Gordian Knot: Instead of building grim walls or tunnels, create livable bridges so two states can live together, superposed.

Can architecture make Israel and Palestine coexist peacefully together? Sounds like a pie in the sky propositionóno pun intendedóbut with given the resources, it may be the only way to have the two countries living together, on top and below each other.

CONTINUED WITH PICS (http://i.gizmodo.com/5162642/mindblowing-buildings-in-the-sky-may-solve-israeli+palestinian-conflict)

Sonnabend
03-03-2009, 05:25 AM
I know where Israel is...but where or what is Palestine?

Never heard of it. not on any map I can find.

jeskibuff
03-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Can architecture make Israel and Palestine coexist peacefully together?As Golda Meir said "Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us". No architecture or political solution will ever work as long as Muslims continue to indoctrinate their children with the hatred they perpetuate.

PoliCon
03-03-2009, 11:24 AM
We all know the reality of the situation on the ground - well except Gator who has his head up his own ass - I didn't post this to fight over who's right and who's wrong - obvious Israel is the former and the camel fuckers are the latter - I posted this for the interest of the architecture. :p

noonwitch
03-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I give the guy some credit for his originality and his designs, yet I agree with Golda Meir's statement, as quoted by jeskibuff.

I've always wondered if having a common enemy would convince the palestineans that the Israelis don't have to be their enemies. I just wouldn't want the USA to be that enemy. If only the majority of palestineans would see that the terrorists among them are the common enemy of them, their children and Israel.

samurai
03-03-2009, 12:36 PM
I wonder if the terrorists will wait till the building is complete and populated before blowing it up, or just bomb it and shoot rockets at it while it's still being constructed?

jeskibuff
03-03-2009, 08:46 PM
I've always wondered if having a common enemy would convince the palestineans that the Israelis don't have to be their enemies.These people have been bred to hate their whole lives. If they ever succeeded in driving the Jews into the sea, they would only refocus their hatred on some other group. As we saw in Taliban-era Afghanistan when Jews were in short supply, Muslims had no problem targeting other Muslims who "weren't as good as they were". Thus you had the executions in the soccer stadium, even the demolition of inanimate rock statues. No land deal will ever satisfy Palestinians, as aptly demonstrated by the Gaza Strip debacle. It's really not land they're interested in.