PDA

View Full Version : A Tale Of Two Presidents. (SEMPER FI MARINES!!11)

asdf2231
03-05-2009, 07:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIHz5tevLAw

"Tepid" is a pretty damn good word for it. I still remember when they had to order people to attend the photo ops with Bubba in Korea when he visited.

patriot45
03-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Sorry but I think the 0 is very unpresidential, this video proves it! Every time he talks its like a campaign.

asdf2231
03-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Anyone else notice how they didn't need to blare "Hail To The Chief" at stadium music levels for Bush?

patriot45
03-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Noticed that, they musta thought there needed to be some noise as the 0 walked in! :D

Ha, now I realize what the 0 reminds me of, a junior senator with no experience, just an agenda.

AlmostThere
03-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Notice how when W. is speaking to the troops, he is actually speaking to the troops from his heart?
Notice how when O. is speaking to the troops, he is actually speaking to the troops from his teleprompter?

Give me the few mangled words from the heart any day.

Apocalypse
03-05-2009, 10:11 PM
OK, I'm not military and have never served. Turned down for heath reasons.

One thing I'm told, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that soldiers are required to come to attention as a show of respect for their C&C. But they have the option of, if they want, to follow their C&C with their gaze. As a show that they think highly of that commander. But if they don't like the commander, then they can stare straight ahead and not have to look at him.

Now with that, pay attention to the troops in the video.

Bush comes on, they follow him with their gaze, and applaud him.

Obama comes on, they are silent, at attention, and won't look at him.

PoliCon
03-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Wow.

JDiddyGalt
03-06-2009, 01:55 PM
He was not conservative enough for my liking, but, I sure miss him. I think this will be the sentiment in 2 years for most.