PDA

View Full Version : Obama getting ready to surrender

AlmostThere
03-07-2009, 08:13 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/08/us/politics/08obama.html?_r=1

WASHINGTON — President Obama declared in an interview that the United States was not winning the war in Afghanistan and opened the door to a reconciliation process in which the American military would reach out to moderate elements of the Taliban, much as it did with Sunni militias in Iraq.

I didn't realize there were moderate Taliban. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
03-07-2009, 08:20 PM
OMG someone bitch slap that fool!

Elspeth
03-07-2009, 08:57 PM

This is one area where the Republicans and the radical feminists are on common ground: The Taliban are the LAST people we should be making deals with.

PoliCon
03-07-2009, 09:01 PM
The left has yet to meet a totalitarian regime that they haven't liked - being totalitarians themselves at their core.

lacarnut
03-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Obama stated that he wanted to start talks with Iran about soliciting their help in bringing peace to Afghanistan. What an idiot.

Robert Karl
03-07-2009, 11:00 PM
+1

ironhorsedriver
03-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Obama stated that he wanted to start talks with Iran about soliciting their help in bringing peace to Afghanistan. What an idiot.
Not only having Iran in a conference on the future of Afghanistan, he also announce they intend to consult with Iran on a large number of issues. I don't know if we have the time to wait to vote these fools out of office.

3rd-try
03-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I don't know if we have the time to wait to vote these fools out of office.

Good point. It will take 2 years to neuter him. At this pace, this place won't be recognizable.

PoliCon
03-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Don't give up yet guys! There are still things that can be done. The Blue Dogs are waking up - look at he last pork bill. :)

Bleda
03-09-2009, 01:00 AM
My God, this man is either a moron or pure evil.

hazlnut
03-12-2009, 07:16 PM

How about reading the full article first... (There you go again..RR)

The president spoke at length about the struggle with terrorism in Afghanistan and elsewhere, staking out positions that at times seemed more comparable to those of his predecessor than many of Mr. Obama’s more liberal supporters would like. He did not rule out the option of snatching terrorism suspects out of hostile countries.

He was throwing out a bunch of ideas to reporters... good ones and bad ones

PoliCon
03-12-2009, 10:57 PM
How about reading the full article first... (There you go again..RR)

He was throwing out a bunch of ideas to reporters... good ones and bad onesAny person with two or more brain cells to rub together knows there are certain ideas you do NOT throw out there. BTW - in a press briefing is NOT NOT NOT the place to be brain storming about what to do in a war. :rolleyes:

EricMartin
03-13-2009, 06:43 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/08/us/politics/08obama.html?_r=1

WASHINGTON — President Obama declared in an interview that the United States was not winning the war in Afghanistan and opened the door to a reconciliation process in which the American military would reach out to moderate elements of the Taliban, much as it did with Sunni militias in Iraq.

It's a sad day when the Taliban has to step in to spoon feed logic to the U.S. President.

"This does not require any response or reaction for this is illogical. The Taliban are united, have one leader, one aim, one policy...I do not know why they are talking about moderate Taliban and what it means? If it means those who are not fighting and are sitting in their homes, then talking to them is meaningless. This really is surprising the Taliban."

Source (http://in.reuters.com/article/email/idINIndia-38433020090310?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0)

Full-Auto
03-13-2009, 08:55 AM
I wish I could say I am surprised he actually did turn out to be a surrender monkey.

asdf2231
03-13-2009, 09:26 AM

Those are the ones that give you a Tylenol and a cookie before they hack your head off with a bread knife and jam your severed genitals in your mouth.

hazlnut
03-17-2009, 05:19 PM

You talking about Obama or AlmostThere??

AlmostThere
03-17-2009, 10:31 PM
You talking about Obama or AlmostThere??

I had the sense to get out of Redondo Beach and CA 25 years ago. So who exactly is the fool? :cool: