PDA

View Full Version : I think I want to become a cop

marinejcksn
03-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I've been looking at possible career paths for myself lately; checking what's out there for when my career in the Marine Corps is over. I think I've found my calling; becoming an Officer in the Pennsylvania State Police. Does anyone here have a family member or friend in the finest law enforcement agency in the "Keystone" State that I could ask questions to prepare me for this? Eventually I'd love to study hard and apply for my #1 Dream Job; FBI Field Agent investigating La Cosa Nostra; otherwise known as The Mafia or The Italian Mob. But yeah, I think I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life. Just wanted to see if any of my fellow Pennsylvania natives got any helpful words on the subject. Thanks! :D

AlmostThere
03-08-2009, 09:10 PM
No help here, but good luck anyway.

patriot45
03-08-2009, 09:18 PM
No help here either, but keep an eye on JB after you are sworn in!

marinejcksn
03-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks Almost! I really appreciate how much all the members here have stuck by me since I arrived, I consider you guys to be my "third family"(My Family is first, the Marine Corps second). Whether it was supporting me during the 34 weeks I spent in that Middle Eastern shithole known as "Iraq"; or the year I was here beforehand, you guys have been the BEST! :D

PoliCon
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
If you have the desire for law enforcement and the skills - apply right to the FBI. From what I understand from a friend who applied - they prefer people fresh out with a college degree.

marinejcksn
03-08-2009, 10:29 PM
If you have the desire for law enforcement and the skills - apply right to the FBI. From what I understand from a friend who applied - they prefer people fresh out with a college degree.

Thanks for the advice! I hope that with my personal backround and using the PA Police time-off and G.I. Bill, I'll be able to study at night, on weekends, whenever I have time until I'm schooled up. I desperately want to continue serving my country in the best way I know how; by being a State Trooper.... and hopefully joining the FBI. :D

AlmostThere
03-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks Almost! I really appreciate how much all the members here have stuck by me since I arrived, I consider you guys to be my "third family"(My Family is first, the Marine Corps second). Whether it was supporting me during the 34 weeks I spent in that Middle Eastern shithole known as "Iraq"; or the year I was here beforehand, you guys have been the BEST! :D

Sir, you are mistaken. The guys and gals who put on the uniform everyday are the best. Bravo Zulu