PDA

View Full Version : Meghan McCain on Coulter: 'offensive' and 'insulting'

PoliCon
03-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Meghan McCain on Coulter: 'offensive' and 'insulting'

Michael Calderone Michael Calderone – Mon Mar 9, 1:46 pm ET

Meghan McCain gets off the topic of dating today on The Daily Beast, instead taking shots at Ann Coulter and her role in the Republican Party. The senator's daughter calls Coulter "offensive, radical, insulting, and confusing all at the same time."

I am not suggesting that extreme conservatism wasn’t once popular, nor am I suggesting I should in any way be any kind of voice for the party. I have been a Republican for less than a year. Still, even after losing the election, I find myself more drawn to GOP ideals and wanting to fight for the party’s resurgence. And if figureheads like Ann Coulter are turning me off, then they are definitely turning off other members of my generation as well. She does appeal to the most extreme members of the Republican Party — but they are dying off, becoming less and less relevant to the party structure as a whole.
McCain said she'll be in New York tonight for Coulter's debate with Bill Maher. Will Coulter respond on stage?So where do you stand?

patriot45
03-09-2009, 06:20 PM
You gotta love Ann! She is my favorite columnist, I have all her books and DUmmies hate her! :D

Lanie
03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Go Meghan!

I'm not saying that because of my leftist leaning. I'm saying that because I think Coulter is just a really hateful person. There are lefties I've felt that way about to, but I honestly can't think of any celebrities at the moment. I tend to think Bill Maher is a nasty elitist, but I still can't bring myself to dislike him as bad as Coulter. She's just really hateful.

PoliCon
03-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Go Meghan!

I'm not saying that because of my leftist leaning. I'm saying that because I think Coulter is just a really hateful person. There are lefties I've felt that way about to, but I honestly can't think of any celebrities at the moment. I tend to think Bill Maher is a nasty elitist, but I still can't bring myself to dislike him as bad as Coulter. She's just really hateful.

Wait - Bill Maher who said that religion is a neurological disorder - and got himself fired from ABC for his nasty rude comments - THAT BILL MAHER? You think he's less worthy of hate than Ann?

Radix
03-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Go Meghan!

People on the Left despise Ann because she makes absolute sense, and they simply cannot refute her.

It therefore is just "hateful" to be able to, with pin point accuracy make plain the evident foolishness and ignorance of Liberal Agenda advocates.

That is Lefty reasoning. Ann Coulter is hateful because she makes us look like the simpletons that we are.

Lanie
03-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Wait - Bill Maher who said that religion is a neurological disorder - and got himself fired from ABC for his nasty rude comments - THAT BILL MAHER? You think he's less worthy of hate than Ann?

Okay, pretend Bill Maher said the following things.

We should bomb Christian countries and assimilate them into being atheists.

We should put (insert an outrageous conservative's name here) to death just to show conservatives they could be killed.

I wish (insert offensive conservative politician's name here) had been killed in an assassination plot. (Note. I am not saying that. I'm asking you to imagine Bill Maher saying it).

If men did not have the right to vote, then then Democrats would win more often. It's a pipe dream of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen.

There are a lot of bad Democrats. There are no good Republicans. Republicans love America like OJ loved Nichole.

My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is that he didn't target Fox News.

We need to execute (insert conservative's name) just to physically intimidate conservatives.

You can find what comments I'm doing the reversal of here.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/funnyquotes/a/anncoulter.htm

Is it still funny if it's said in reverse? I think that's some of the most hateful stuff I've ever heard. I think one of those comments was flat out illegal (wanting Edwards to be killed in a terrorist attack).

I really hope I never meet her.

Lanie
03-09-2009, 09:30 PM
People on the Left despise Ann because she makes absolute sense, and they simply cannot refute her.

It therefore is just "hateful" to be able to, with pin point accuracy make plain the evident foolishness and ignorance of Liberal Agenda advocates.

That is Lefty reasoning. Ann Coulter is hateful because she makes us look like the simpletons that we are.

Uh, wanting liberals dead because they're liberals makes sense? Seeing this stuff as satire and laughing makes sense? Taking your smarts from law school and wasting it on supposed satire makes sense? Yeah. Okay. I think I can make better sense out of Revealations.

Radix
03-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Uh, wanting liberals dead because they're liberals makes sense? Seeing this stuff as satire and laughing makes sense? Taking your smarts from law school and wasting it on supposed satire makes sense? Yeah. Okay. I think I can make better sense out of Revealations.

I doubt that you have ever even read any of Ann Coulter's books.

How come the subjects of her books have not been able to shut her up by lawsuits?

Certainly if she has her own "facts" someone by now after six "Surprise Best Sellers" could come up with a case to bust her in Court.

You call it satire, I'll call it Accuracy in Media.

PoliCon
03-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Ann is being provocative and a firebrand making those comments - because it's amusing watching the left twitch and wriggle . . . . . It's also effective in that it gets the left off their guard and unable to respond rationally to the facts and arguments she makes.

Radix
03-09-2009, 10:09 PM

Lets pretend that Bill Maher said the following quotes.

Maher: "I want to crush Republicans into a fine powder and snort them.."

"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away," "That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."

"The surge" is simply another in a long series of inflated stock quotes."

If you have an interest in defending this vile POS Bill Maher then I must say to you that if you consider yourself to be a rational intelligent person....than you have not thought it through.

I had to look this stuff up, cuz I would never consider watching this supreme chump take verbal dumps in my own home.

The man simply hates our Troops, and he is in my opinion, stealing Oxygen from the rest of us.

TCJournal
03-09-2009, 10:31 PM
I love Ann Coulter. Her delivery of humor during interviews is incredible and she is brilliant. Her articles (haven't finished the books) are spot on and very entertaining to read. And on top of all that, the liberaloids hate her with everyone ounce in them. Oh how I love to watch them squirm. :D

Lanie
03-09-2009, 10:48 PM
I doubt that you have ever even read any of Ann Coulter's books.

How come the subjects of her books have not been able to shut her up by lawsuits?

Certainly if she has her own "facts" someone by now after six "Surprise Best Sellers" could come up with a case to bust her in Court.

You call it satire, I'll call it Accuracy in Media.

In order to sue Ann Coulter, she has to 1) Commit libel/slander and 2) It has to actually damage one's reputation. While I do think she's hateful, I don't think she's committed libel. She's called some people traitors, but most people realize it all depends on one's defition of a traitor. Now, if she said Person Y is a traitor because he/she did x.y,z. and y turns out to not be true, then it's libel/slander. If it turns that person's rep, THEN, they can sue. There's a difference between hateful, and opening oneself up for a lawsuite.

Actually, I don't call it satire. That's what her defenders call it when I bring up her more hateful comments (see post talking about her quotes above). Personally, I don't think most of it is funny. I did think it was funny how she said we gave the liberals what they wanted (a war on fundamentalism), and yet they don't want it. It was funny because of how she said it, and there is some slight truth in it for *some* liberals. She might have said one or two other things that actually were funny. The rest is just pure hatred.

Lanie
03-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Lets pretend that Bill Maher said the following quotes.

Maher: "I want to crush Republicans into a fine powder and snort them.."

"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away," "That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."

"The surge" is simply another in a long series of inflated stock quotes."

If you have an interest in defending this vile POS Bill Maher then I must say to you that if you consider yourself to be a rational intelligent person....than you have not thought it through.

I had to look this stuff up, cuz I would never consider watching this supreme chump take verbal dumps in my own home.

The man simply hates our Troops, and he is in my opinion, stealing Oxygen from the rest of us.

Perhaps he's out of coke to snort and blames Republicans for it.

I agree what he's saying about the troops is extremely hateful. I wouldn't blame a troop if they hit him.

djones520
03-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Ann Coulter gets on my nerves sometimes. She's a little to "offensive" for my tastes.

jeskibuff
03-10-2009, 05:54 AM

We should put (insert an outrageous conservative's name here) to death just to show conservatives they could be killed.

I wish (insert offensive conservative politician's name here) had been killed in an assassination plot. (Note. I am not saying that. I'm asking you to imagine Bill Maher saying it).

If men did not have the right to vote, then then Democrats would win more often. It's a pipe dream of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen.

There are a lot of bad Democrats. There are no good Republicans. Republicans love America like OJ loved Nichole.

We need to execute (insert conservative's name) just to physically intimidate conservatives.

Is it still funny if it's said in reverse? I think that's some of the most hateful stuff I've ever heard. I think one of those comments was flat out illegal (wanting Edwards to be killed in a terrorist attack).

I really hope I never meet her.Ann is one sharp tack. which is why I love her stuff. She has a very biting sense of humor, which is responsible for most of the comments that liberals consider "hateful". I understand why liberals hate her so much - she leaves no opportunity for libs to counter her any other way than to call her hateful. She certainly has the average lib outsmarted by a ratio of 100 to 1!

Besides that, she doesn't pussyfoot around, which is also admirable. Libs ought to be described as the useless idiots they are and ridiculed for their abject stupidity. To do anything else just enables the lib in their mindless ideology. Coulter does a superb job of pointing out liberal stupidity, and that's exactly what's needed today because somehow liberals insist that their foolish notions are "brilliant".

That reminds me...I need to check again to see if the latest edition of "Newsbusted" is out yet.

linda22003
03-10-2009, 07:53 AM
What I can't figure out about Ann Coulter is, she must have some money, so why does she only have one black dress that she wears ALL the time?

FlaGator
03-10-2009, 07:57 AM
I don't care much for Ann Coulter. I finder her to be rude and snotty and not a far cry from Judge Judy or Nancy Grace. He just has a better vocabulary than those two.

linda22003
03-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I don't care much for Ann Coulter. I finder her to be rude and snotty and not a far cry from Judge Judy or Nancy Grace. He just has a better vocabulary than those two.

So you see an Adam's Apple there, too, huh?......;)

FlaGator
03-10-2009, 08:03 AM

Possible Freudian slip...:D

noonwitch
03-10-2009, 08:04 AM

I watched his movie recently. It has some very funny parts, but I thought he was mean to the hottie Jesus from The Holy Land Experience. Especially as hottie Jesus did an excellent job staying in character throughout the interview, despite Bill's best attempts to get him angry and lose his temper.

patriot45
03-10-2009, 08:05 AM
What I can't figure out about Ann Coulter is, she must have some money, so why does she only have one black dress that she wears ALL the time?

Not all the time!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/annc.jpg

Lars1701a
03-10-2009, 08:06 AM

Pretty catty there linda

She is most likely smarter, prettier and richer then you. Jealous much? :p

linda22003
03-10-2009, 08:07 AM
OK, OK, all the time on TV talk shows, then.

Lars1701a
03-10-2009, 08:07 AM

LOL more of the same cattiness. :p

Rebel Yell
03-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Didn't Bill Maher date a woman called "super-head"? She's a groupie who has fucked most of the the big time rappers and athletes. This loser actually "dated" her.

PoliCon
03-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Those of you who dislike her - have you read any of her books?

FlaGator
03-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Those of you who dislike her - have you read any of her books?

Enough to know that I dislike her presentation. I may agree with her politically, but I don't like her sensationalism.

linda22003
03-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Pretty catty there linda

She is most likely smarter, prettier and richer then you. Jealous much? :p

She may well be all three. I have no reason to be jealous of any of those. I said Adam's apple because a) FlaGator called her "he", and b) she does have a phenomenally gawky physique:
http://wbrower.net/OBB/images/Ann-Coulter.jpg

Space Gravy
03-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Indifferent. She knows what she's doing by throwing bombs. She's a self promoter and I don't have a problem with that. No such thing as bad publicity. Every time someone on the View or MSNBC mentions her I bet she has a big old smile. I don't pay a lot of attention to her. I don't have any of her books and rarely read her column. While I'm sure she strongly believes what she says the delivery is grandstanding to grab attention.

Molon Labe
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Enough to know that I dislike her presentation. I may agree with her politically, but I don't like her sensationalism.

I'll agree and add that although she is real strong in the biting sarcasm that tweaks the left department....She unfortunately doesn't have it all together where "facts" are concerned. She is an ignorant embarrassment to the conservative cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg7IhR0ccgo

noonwitch
03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
I'll agree and add that although she is real strong in the biting sarcasm that tweaks the left department....She unfortunately doesn't have it all together where "facts" are concerned. She is an ignorant embarrassment to the conservative cause.

My little sister, who was a champion high school debater, would love to debate her on any issue at any time. My sister is farther to the left than I am. But Ann would have to follow rules of civilized debate, and I'm not certain she could do that. Her act is about using the most extreme examples and words that she can to try to make a point, which results in offending everyone who is not a fan of hers. My sister would probably even concede to letting O'Reilly be a moderator, if Jon Stewart could be the left's moderator.

Radix
03-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Actually, I don't call it satire..... ......The rest is just pure hatred.

Ann Coulter has called for a vote by the people on abortion. The Left hates her for simply that reason.

Certainly they have other rationals for their incessant invective and condescension aimed toward her.

The Left hates Ann Coulter because she is smarter, wittier, and more logical than any of the media chumps who are her antagonists.

She is also more graceful and better looking than them as well. Naturally they hate her for that tool.

patriot45
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Don't this count!? (http://archives.cbc.ca/war_conflict/vietnam_war/topics/1413/)

Canada's Secret War: Vietnam
Vietnam may have been America's war but Canada was heavily involved — for and against. Canada harboured American draft dodgers and helped supervise ceasefires. But at the same time, about 30,000 Canadians volunteered to fight in southeast Asia. And there was Canada's involvement in secret missions, weapons testing and arms production. CBC Archives looks at Canada's role in the Vietnam War.

Radix
03-10-2009, 12:54 PM

A couple of links for you that suggest Canadian troops were engaged in Viet Nam.

I cannot guarantee their accuracy, but at least somebody aside from Ann Coulter (in a gotcha moment) thinks that Canadian troops were there.

http://www.canadaka.net/forums/canadian-military-f23/canadian-troops-in-viet-nam-t4337.html

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Canada_send_troops_to_Vietnam

Here below is the link to the book mentioned in the first link.

http://www.amazon.com/Shadows-War-International-Profiteering-Twenty-First/product-reviews/0520242416/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Molon Labe
03-10-2009, 01:10 PM
A couple of links for you that suggest Canadian troops were engaged in Viet Nam.

I cannot guarantee their accuracy, but at least somebody aside from Ann Coulter (in a gotcha moment) thinks that Canadian troops were there.

My point is...better have your facts straight when you go on the air. She clearly second guessed herself and was just talking out her ass...cause she had to look it up....true or not.

patriot45
03-10-2009, 02:09 PM
My point is...better have your facts straight when you go on the air. She clearly second guessed herself and was just talking out her ass...cause she had to look it up....true or not.

C'mon you never had a brain fart under pressure? I can't tell you how many times I thought I was sure of myself and then had someone cast doubts and I'd give in! ;)

Besides that is the only example of her not having her stuff together! Not too shabby!

Molon Labe
03-10-2009, 02:26 PM
C'mon you never had a brain fart under pressure? I can't tell you how many times I thought I was sure of myself and then had someone cast doubts and I'd give in! ;)

Besides that is the only example of her not having her stuff together! Not too shabby!

yeah....and thank God I'm not a pundit and just a dummy on an internet opinion board.:p

Constitutionally Speaking
03-10-2009, 03:22 PM

She is correct nearly all of the time. This mistake is hardly an indictment on the whole. Off the top of the head conversations are hardly a fair criteria when the subject is not really all that well known.

Funny thing is - this mistake was where she was actually giving sincere CREDIT to a country she now criticizes.

Her delivery IS however sometimes over the top - but her facts - at least the ones where she is not going "off the cuff" as she did here, are impeccable.

lacarnut
03-10-2009, 04:04 PM

You sure don't get any sensationalism out of any members of the Repub's in Congress. You can not say that about the other side. In fact, the majority/minority Repub leaders for the last 8 years have been about as exciting as a dead mackerel. That includes daddy Bush and Junior. Reversing course is badly needed.

I like Rush and Ann because they get the conservative (note: I did not say Repub.) message out. Problem with the Repub party is that they almost became the mirror image of the Democrats. Thank God we have some conservatives like them that distinguish the difference between a RINO, a conservative and a liberal. I want someone who will fight for what they believe in. Not some whimp that will roll over and play dead like Bush or McCain. We keep putting up candidates like them and the Repub party will wither away.

BTW, I take a statement/opinion by someone that is still wet behind the ears with a grain of salt when it comes to politics.

Lanie
03-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Ann is one sharp tack. which is why I love her stuff. She has a very biting sense of humor, which is responsible for most of the comments that liberals consider "hateful". I understand why liberals hate her so much - she leaves no opportunity for libs to counter her any other way than to call her hateful. She certainly has the average lib outsmarted by a ratio of 100 to 1!

Besides that, she doesn't pussyfoot around, which is also admirable. Libs ought to be described as the useless idiots they are and ridiculed for their abject stupidity. To do anything else just enables the lib in their mindless ideology. Coulter does a superb job of pointing out liberal stupidity, and that's exactly what's needed today because somehow liberals insist that their foolish notions are "brilliant".

That reminds me...I need to check again to see if the latest edition of "Newsbusted" is out yet.

You didn't answer my question. If Bill Maher, Michael Moore, or some other well known liberal said the above comments, would you still consider it okay or would you hypocritically think it's hateful when done the other way around?

Lanie
03-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Ann Coulter has called for a vote by the people on abortion. The Left hates her for simply that reason.

Certainly they have other rationals for their incessant invective and condescension aimed toward her.

The Left hates Ann Coulter because she is smarter, wittier, and more logical than any of the media chumps who are her antagonists.

She is also more graceful and better looking than them as well. Naturally they hate her for that tool.

I'm friends with conservatives that I think are smarter than me. You don't have to be raving lunatic to be a smart conservative. I'm sorry if you think one does have to be one.

I don't really understand why Coulter has a problem with abortion. She hates liberals so much. He hates Muslims. She talks about wanting them to die. She's probably one of these idiots who think only liberal women have abortions. If liberal women were allowed to have abortions, then all her "problems" are solved, and she can be a step closer to having the all Protestant Christian ultra conservative planet she wants.

Phillygirl
03-10-2009, 05:44 PM

I really hope I never meet her.

It is not illegal to wish....yet. Although I think Pelosi and Obama are considering a tax on it.

Lanie
03-10-2009, 05:47 PM
It is not illegal to wish....yet. Although I think Pelosi and Obama are considering a tax on it.

lol.

PoliCon
03-10-2009, 08:38 PM
She may well be all three. I have no reason to be jealous of any of those. I said Adam's apple because a) FlaGator called her "he", and b) she does have a phenomenally gawky physique:
http://wbrower.net/OBB/images/Ann-Coulter.jpg

HEY! She's built like my mother! :p

jeskibuff
03-10-2009, 08:46 PM
You sure don't get any sensationalism out of any members of the Repub's in Congress. You can not say that about the other side. In fact, the majority/minority Repub leaders for the last 8 years have been about as exciting as a dead mackerel. That includes daddy Bush and Junior. Reversing course is badly needed.

I like Rush and Ann because they get the conservative (note: I did not say Repub.) message out. Problem with the Repub party is that they almost became the mirror image of the Democrats. Thank God we have some conservatives like them that distinguish the difference between a RINO, a conservative and a liberal. I want someone who will fight for what they believe in. Not some whimp that will roll over and play dead like Bush or McCain. We keep putting up candidates like them and the Repub party will wither away.AMEN!

You didn't answer my question. If Bill Maher, Michael Moore, or some other well known liberal said the above comments, would you still consider it okay or would you hypocritically think it's hateful when done the other way around?Those people are so stupid and idiotic, it really doesn't matter to me what they say. Liberals are the most hateful people on the planet, so perhaps I've just grown accustomed to their constant stream of bile. What really amazes me about liberals is the fact that they put out so many bald-faced lies and people BELIEVE them. THEY themselves believe their own lies! I don't understand how people knowingly lie to themselves while purporting to know "the truth". On the other hand, I can thoroughly understand liberal hatred, because libs are nothing more than aged spoiled children.

But you are mistaking sarcasm for hatred, Lanie. Most of Coulter's stuff I've read has things in there for shock value. It's an overreaching method of getting the point across - an exaggeration. Those of us who understand her methods appreciate them. Those who don't just don't have the capacity to see beyond the nose on their face.

It is not illegal to wish....yet. Although I think Pelosi and Obama are considering a tax on it.Bad news for you, Philly! Pelosi, Obama and Reid just passed a tax where you are fined heavily for criticizing Pelosi, Obama or Reid. I suggest you move your money to offshore accounts, like PRONTO!

PoliCon
03-10-2009, 08:47 PM
yeah....and thank God I'm not a pundit and just a dummy on an internet opinion board.:p

I'll SECOND THIS ONE!

PoliCon
03-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I don't really understand why Coulter has a problem with abortion. Prolly because she see's it as violence being inflicted on our most vulnerable citizens.

She hates liberals so much. Do you realize how many time's she's faced violence at the hands of "liberals?"

He hates Muslims. Actually - she points out that they hate us - and would like to see us meet them with superior firepower and extreme prejudice.

She talks about wanting them to die. Because the koran tells them to kill us. She's being IRONIC. lol

She's probably one of these idiots who think only liberal women have abortions. Idle and baseless speculation.

If liberal women were allowed to have abortions, then all her "problems" are solved, and she can be a step closer to having the all Protestant Christian ultra conservative planet she wants. you have fallen perfectly into the trap. :rolleyes:

jeskibuff
03-10-2009, 08:53 PM
http://wbrower.net/OBB/images/Ann-Coulter.jpgWell, she's about a THOUSAND times more appealing than Helen Thomas, Rosie O'Donnell, or most other liberal women. I too think she's too skinny and her hands & wrists look like something out of an alien movie, but overall, I think she's attractive. Plus, a keen intellect always accentuates external beauty in my book, so that easily counters the negative traits.

PoliCon
03-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Well, she's about a THOUSAND times more appealing than Helen Thomas, Rosie O'Donnell, or most other liberal women. I too think she's too skinny and her hands & wrists look like something out of an alien movie, but overall, I think she's attractive. Plus, a keen intellect always accentuates external beauty in my book, so that easily counters the negative traits.http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/BeautyShots/popup?id=6306477&contentIndex=1&page=1&start=false Conservatives are naturally more beautiful. They care about themselves more. They have more respect for themselves. Have less hate and bitterness in their hearts . . . . .THE BATHE!!

FlaGator
03-10-2009, 09:10 PM

Yes, but my reputation, for the most part, rely on me not making gaffs of that nature.

Lanie
03-10-2009, 10:39 PM
AMEN!

Those people are so stupid and idiotic, it really doesn't matter to me what they say. Liberals are the most hateful people on the planet, so perhaps I've just grown accustomed to their constant stream of bile. What really amazes me about liberals is the fact that they put out so many bald-faced lies and people BELIEVE them. THEY themselves believe their own lies! I don't understand how people knowingly lie to themselves while purporting to know "the truth". On the other hand, I can thoroughly understand liberal hatred, because libs are nothing more than aged spoiled children.

But you are mistaking sarcasm for hatred, Lanie. Most of Coulter's stuff I've read has things in there for shock value. It's an overreaching method of getting the point across - an exaggeration. Those of us who understand her methods appreciate them. Those who don't just don't have the capacity to see beyond the nose on their face.

Bad news for you, Philly! Pelosi, Obama and Reid just passed a tax where you are fined heavily for criticizing Pelosi, Obama or Reid. I suggest you move your money to offshore accounts, like PRONTO!

I used to judge collective groups of people they way you do liberals. I've found it doesn't leave a lot of room for growth. You probably work with libs who you think are normal, and don't even know it.
If I heard a liberal say the stuff that Coulter says, I'd consider them to be hateful. I probably have heard something in real life. I do think I heard some stuff that came close years ago. Being my politics doesn't excuse bad behavior.

Lanie
03-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Prolly because she see's it as violence being inflicted on our most vulnerable citizens.
Do you realize how many time's she's faced violence at the hands of "liberals?"
Actually - she points out that they hate us - and would like to see us meet them with superior firepower and extreme prejudice.
Because the koran tells them to kill us. She's being IRONIC. lol
Idle and baseless speculation.
you have fallen perfectly into the trap. :rolleyes:

I'm just taken Coulter's words at face value.

I realize there's a problem with Islamic Militarism so to speak, but I think if nearly every Muslim was full of hate as speculated, then we would have a problem with constant attacks from our local Muslims.

Lanie
03-10-2009, 10:44 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/BeautyShots/popup?id=6306477&contentIndex=1&page=1&start=false Conservatives are naturally more beautiful. They care about themselves more. They have more respect for themselves. Have less hate and bitterness in their hearts . . . . .THE BATHE!!

Thank you for reminding me not to bathe. lol.

PoliCon
03-10-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm just taken Coulter's words at face value.

I realize there's a problem with Islamic Militarism so to speak, but I think if nearly every Muslim was full of hate as speculated, then we would have a problem with constant attacks from our local Muslims.

And you're certian that they're not? No honour killings here in the US? No demands for sharia law? or for special accomidations? They don't start getting seriously violent until they have you either cowed or outnumbered.

PoliCon
03-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Thank you for reminding me not to bathe. lol.

damn dirty hippies! :p

Lanie
03-11-2009, 09:24 AM
And you're certian that they're not? No honour killings here in the US? No demands for sharia law? or for special accomidations? They don't start getting seriously violent until they have you either cowed or outnumbered.

The Palestinians are outnumbered, and yet a lot of them got violent. They typically don't start becoming violent until they are DESPERATE. Being desperate isn't an excuse to murder, but that typically is how it's working. Muslims in well off countries in which they know they can keep their rights are not typically getting violent.

I'm sure there are some honour killings in the US, but I'm also certain that they are rare. And you need to remember that probably nearly every female victim of the stuff we talk about is probably a Muslim herself.

Lanie
03-11-2009, 09:25 AM
damn dirty hippies! :p

But I won't shave! :D

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 11:29 AM
The Palestinians are outnumbered, and yet a lot of them got violent. They typically don't start becoming violent until they are DESPERATE.
Palestinians? You mean the mythical people that certain ARAB peoples are claiming to be? Are you overlooking that Israel is surrounded on all side by Arabs who have been using these "palestinians" in a proxy war against Israel for over 50 years? And if they are "desperate" it's more a result of their own leaders and brethren than it is a result of what Israel has done.

Being desperate isn't an excuse to murder, but that typically is how it's working. Muslims in well off countries in which they know they can keep their rights are not typically getting violent. I'll point you to France, England, Denmark, Holland, Saudia Arabia, Spain, the UAE, (Shall I go on?) ALL well to do countries where muslims have been able to "keep their rights" and where the self same muslims have perpetrated violence.

I'm sure there are some honour killings in the US, but I'm also certain that they are rare. are you? Given that we do not report or record examples of such - how many murders of young women were honour killings?

And you need to remember that probably nearly every female victim of the stuff we talk about is probably a Muslim herself.ACTUALLY - most of these honour killings are of FORMER muslim women who have "abandoned the faith."

Lanie
03-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Palestinians? You mean the mythical people that certain ARAB peoples are claiming to be? Are you overlooking that Israel is surrounded on all side by Arabs who have been using these "palestinians" in a proxy war against Israel for over 50 years? And if they are "desperate" it's more a result of their own leaders and brethren than it is a result of what Israel has done.

I'll point you to France, England, Denmark, Holland, Saudia Arabia, Spain, the UAE, (Shall I go on?) ALL well to do countries where muslims have been able to "keep their rights" and where the self same muslims have perpetrated violence.
are you? Given that we do not report or record examples of such - how many murders of young women were honour killings?

ACTUALLY - most of these honour killings are of FORMER muslim women who have "abandoned the faith."

The Palestinians have a culture, like it or not. Whether that culture started during the Ottoman Empire, after Israel was first renamed Palestine (after Israel's enemies), or just in the past hundred years, there is a culture. And that's not even the point. The point is that they've lived on the land for centuries (which normally results in a culture being developed) and don't want to be moved just because some Zionists and conquering Europeans who thought they had a right to sell land that wasn't theirs to sell said so.

I do agree that the current problems are mostly self-inflicted due to Hamas and their insistance that Israel be eliminated. I do think Israel needs to do what they need to do to end the war, and stop worrying about what Europe and a lot of the US thinks of them. There's no way this would still be happening if it was happening to us. No matter who started the conflict or when, the United States would totally end it. Therefore, we have no business telling Israel to show restraint. The end.

If a woman is killed in an "honour killing", she will go missing or her body will be discovered. It's not a secret that will be kept long. I do think it's probably rare for this to happen often, and I think you should prove otherwise if you're going to insist it does happen.

Those who are killed by militant Muslims for religious reasons are normally declared to be abandoning the faith whether they truly abandoned it or not. Therefore, it's unreasonable to conclude that most of these women actually abandoned the faith. They probably just did some form of what the militants thought of as heracy.

While some Muslims have gotten violent in other countries, I fail to see evidnece that this represents most or all of the Muslims in the area. Keep in mind that in France, there's also acts against Muslims. Therefore, all the violence in France might not be for aggressive reasons. It might be in response to violence.

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
The Palestinians have a culture, like it or not. Yes they do - a culture no different from that of the other Arab states - Egypt, Syria, Jordan, etc. Not one shred different. They are about as much a unique people as Iowans are unique and distinct from the rest of America - less so even. Now if you wanted to talk about the Bedouins and their unique cultural differences from their Arab brethren - then you would have a leg to stand on.

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
While some Muslims have gotten violent in other countries, I fail to see evidnece that this represents most or all of the Muslims in the area. Keep in mind that in France, there's also acts against Muslims. Therefore, all the violence in France might not be for aggressive reasons. It might be in response to violence. I want you to look at something - in the last 15 years how many Terrorist attacks have been perpetrated by Jews?

How many by Christians?

How many by Muslims?

This is the fact that Ann keeps pointing out and you guys on the left keep discounting. It's not 90 year old grandmothers hijacking planes. But if we look at the group of people - the demographic of people who have pretty much universally been guilty of terrorism in the last 15 to 20 years - and subject them to added scrutiny - it's a problem and that's just plain STUPID. No, not all men between the ages of 18 and 45 of middle eastern dissent are terrorists - but all terrorists have been men between the ages of 18 and 45 of middle eastern dissent!

linda22003
03-11-2009, 02:40 PM
No, not all men between the ages of 18 and 45 of middle eastern dissent are terrorists - but all terrorists have been men between the ages of 18 and 45 of middle eastern dissent!

I think you mean "descent". Here's one of the biggest terrorists this country's known, and he doesn't look very Middle Eastern.

http://www.mass-murderers.com/mass_murderers/mcveigh_time.gif

wilbur
03-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Ann is being provocative and a firebrand making those comments - because it's amusing watching the left twitch and wriggle . . . . . It's also effective in that it gets the left off their guard and unable to respond rationally to the facts and arguments she makes.

Translation: I freely admit I have a double standard, but I'm a hypocrite and don't care.

patriot45
03-11-2009, 03:21 PM
I think you mean "descent". Here's one of the biggest terrorists this country's known, and he doesn't look very Middle Eastern.

Wow, you didn't answer the rest of Polis' question, but nice try.

I want you to look at something - in the last 15 years how many Terrorist attacks have been perpetrated by Jews?

How many by Christians? 1

How many by Muslims?1000

wilbur
03-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Ann is one sharp tack. which is why I love her stuff. She has a very biting sense of humor, which is responsible for most of the comments that liberals consider "hateful". I understand why liberals hate her so much - she leaves no opportunity for libs to counter her any other way than to call her hateful. She certainly has the average lib outsmarted by a ratio of 100 to 1!

Actually trying to engage people like Coulter, Limbaugh, or Bill O'Reilly in rational discourse is like trying to reason with a cornered, starving hyena. By even engaging them you lose, because they don't adhere to rules of logic or any kind of intellectual honesty, period. Its a contest to be the most shrill. Its all about the theater of it all... nothing else.

wilbur
03-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Wow, you didn't answer the rest of Polis' question, but nice try.

Perhaps you should look outside the US while searching for Christian terrorism.

patriot45
03-11-2009, 03:38 PM

Here is a nice article for you Wilbur. (http://intelwire.egoplex.com/2008_02_01_blogarchive.html)

There's another important distinction to be made here when discussing Islamic terrorism. Even if McVeigh and Nichols had been zealous Christian Identity adherents acting in the name of the Christian Identity movement, there a vast difference in how Identity relates to Christianity vs. how al Qaeda-style jihadism relates to Islam.

Identity has never been more than a fringe movement with low membership and an extremely low active membership, around 25,000 believers of which only a fraction are politically or militantly active. Identity is defined primarily by fringe racial beliefs that have no real parallel or support in mainstream Christianity. That's not to say that mainstream Christianity has never supported or justified racism, simply that the theological underpinning of Identity (white supremacy, see link for more information) is pretty much unrelated to the formal theological arguments historically used by mainstream Christian movements used to support racism and anti-Semitism.

The Identity movement is socially stigmatized everywhere -- it has no defenders, supporters or sympathizers in the world of mainstream Christianity. Institutional Christianity -- whether Catholic or Protestant -- has never given Identity an iota of support or provided it with any ideological cover.

Contrast that to the al Qaeda movement. Whether one likes to admit it or not, Al Qaeda's theological beliefs are not nearly as far removed from mainstream Islam (on a worldwide basis) as Identity beliefs are from mainstream Christianity. For instance, a 2005 Pew survey of Muslim attitudes found that 60 percent of Muslims in the relatively liberal nation of Jordan had "a lot or some confidence" in Osama bin Laden to do the right thing regarding world affairs.

You would be hard pressed to show that half of all Christians can even accurately describe the Identity movement, let alone identify any of its leaders or sympathize with its views. Around the world, bin Laden -- and the ideology he represents -- has a significant following among Muslims worldwide (link to Pew study). That doesn't mean all Muslims are terrorists, nor does it justify bigotry or wild assumptions, nor does it justify a world war against Islam.

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 03:39 PM

Did you ignore the time frame I offered on purpose or accident? :rolleyes:

BTW - there is very credible testimony that he acted with assistance from men of Middle eastern DESCENT. :p

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Translation: I freely admit I have a double standard, but I'm a hypocrite and don't care.

you being the expert on hypocrisy and all :rolleyes: Pray tell will you want is hypocritical about being amused by someone provoking the other side with facts - sensationally delivered - but facts none the less? :rolleyes:

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM

Perhaps you should answer the poll question or shut the hell up and go away. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Actually trying to engage people like Coulter, Limbaugh, or Bill O'Reilly in rational discourse is like trying to reason with a cornered, starving hyena. By even engaging them you lose, because they don't adhere to rules of logic or any kind of intellectual honesty, period. Its a contest to be the most shrill. Its all about the theater of it all... nothing else.

Spoken like a true leftist. :rolleyes:

wilbur
03-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Here is a nice article for you Wilbur. (http://intelwire.egoplex.com/2008_02_01_blogarchive.html)

I have never said contemporary Christian terrorism is equal to or as prevalent as Islamic terrorism... but its significant, or has been in the recent past. But even so, things like the old conflicts in Ireland tend to get waved away as entirely political and not motivated by religious beliefs, just like western Muslims may say Al Queda etc all are more politically motivated. Nonsense.

But go farther east still....

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 03:50 PM
examples of CHRISTIAN terrorism in the last 15 years. Make damn sure it's Christian terrorism too and not political terrorism wearing a religious mask as was the case for the IRA.

wilbur
03-11-2009, 04:00 PM
examples of CHRISTIAN terrorism in the last 15 years. Make damn sure it's Christian terrorism too and not political terrorism wearing a religious mask as was the case for the IRA.

Hah, way to go. You sound like a Muslim telling us that Al Queda is all political.

Here's one: National Libration Front of Tripura (http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/countries/india/states/tripura/terrorist_outfits/Nlft.htm)

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Hah, way to go. You sound like a Muslim telling us that Al Queda is all political.Shit for brains - There is no differentiation between the church and the state in islam. :rolleyes: The Koran declares them to be one and the same - HENCE Sharia law.

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Here's one: National Libration Front of Tripura (http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/countries/india/states/tripura/terrorist_outfits/Nlft.htm) It's a political group intent on an ETHNIC homeland - the site you give indicates that not members of said group are even Christian so how do you figure that it's a CHRISTIAN terrorist group??? :rolleyes:

cat714
03-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Meghan McCain is more of a RINO than her dad..she supports gay marriage and is pro-choice so I don't expect her to like Ann Coulter. Ann leans far more to the right than I do, but she's a cool lady. She speaks her mind, she isn't a "PC player" and for the most part she has her facts together. I hope to see those two debate real soon...LOL!

Shannon
03-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Ann is my soul sister.:D I love that woman.

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Ann is my soul sister.:D I love that woman.and who is surprised to learn this? Anyone??

*crickets chirping*

Thought so!

CueSi
03-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Didn't Bill Maher date a woman called "super-head"? She's a groupie who has fucked most of the the big time rappers and athletes. This loser actually "dated" her.

Yes, he did. Karrin Stephens eventually broke up with him, saying that he was a dick that needed to feel like he was educating the "ghetto chick".

~QC

lacarnut
03-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Meghan McCain is more of a RINO than her dad..she supports gay marriage and is pro-choice so I don't expect her to like Ann Coulter. Ann leans far more to the right than I do, but she's a cool lady. She speaks her mind, she isn't a "PC player" and for the most part she has her facts together. I hope to see those two debate real soon...LOL!

Ann will pay no attention to this spoiled brat who thinks she know everything.

CueSi
03-12-2009, 01:29 AM
The reason she is vicious, I think is because conservatives have been very used to seeing some very vicious words from the Left's chattering classes; while not intelligent, their shrillness gets them heard.

So, Ann is just that vicious back. Couple that with actual intelligence and an ability to rhetorically kick people in the nuts repeatedly, she becomes a lightning rod. The upside, she is that smart. Downside, her rhetorical nut crushing gets in the way of some pertinent points.

After meeting her(one time), I think she's VERY comfortable with this role, though. And Ms. McCain's words won't bother her one bit.

Ann Coulter is Mordor, Meghan.

And Bitches don't just walk into Mordor.

~QC

lacarnut
03-12-2009, 02:05 AM
The reason she is vicious, I think is because conservatives have been very used to seeing some very vicious words from the Left's chattering classes; while not intelligent, their shrillness gets them heard.

So, Ann is just that vicious back. Couple that with actual intelligence and an ability to rhetorically kick people in the nuts repeatedly, she becomes a lightning rod. The upside, she is that smart. Downside, her rhetorical nut crushing gets in the way of some pertinent points.

After meeting her(one time), I think she's VERY comfortable with this role, though. And Ms. McCain's words won't bother her one bit.

Ann Coulter is Mordor, Meghan.

And Bitches don't just walk into Mordor.

~QC

Ann will not pay any attention to twerpy Meghan. However, if Ann wants to give her a swift kick, she will go after her daddy criticizing him for the bailouts, immigration, etc. Ann is a very devious in that respect.

PoliCon
03-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Ann will pay no attention to this spoiled brat who thinks she know everything.

No more than any real conservative pays any attention to rinos and other pseduo-conservatives who claim that you must be a hypocrite every time you disagree with their leftist God hating asses. :rolleyes: