PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Coeds Not That Sexy.

Gingersnap
03-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Guys want girls to curb drinking
Study says excessive intake found unappealing

Jennifer Harper (Contact)
Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Associated Press - The American Medical Association has advised college campuses since 2006 to warn women about the hazards of spring break after surveying 644 young women to find that three-fourths of them "use drinking as an excuse for outrageous behavior."

The naughty cachet of "Girls Gone Wild" - inebriated coeds on spring break - lost its luster on Monday. That naughty cachet is a myth, essentially.

"When it comes to drinking, college men are not looking for the girl gone wild," said a new study from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles.

That's not what the girls think, however. Most are under the impression that their male friends are more attracted to girls who have had a few, and then some.

"Our research suggests women believe men find excessive drinking sexually attractive and appealing, but it appears this is a giant misperception," said lead author Joseph LaBrie, an associate professor of psychology at the campus.

His study, based on a survey of 3,616 students at his own school and the University of Washington, found that 71 percent of the girls overestimated the amount of alcohol that the typical college man hoped his girlfriend or date would consume. More than a fourth - 26 percent - thought the menfolk wanted their female companions to consume five drinks or more.

That was not the case.

"Both estimates were nearly double what the men actually preferred," said the study, which was published in Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, an academic journal of the American Psychological Association.

The young women drank "in pursuit of intimate relationships and positive attention from their male peers," the research found. It recommended that college campuses and public health organizations develop distinctly "female-targeted interventions" to reverse the trend.

"There is a great, and risky, disconnect here between the sexes," said Mr. LaBrie. "While not all women may be drinking simply to get a guy´s attention, this study may help explain why more women are drinking at dangerous levels."

They're also drinking more.

Interesting. I think a lot of this behavior is imitative. Women want to be considered "one of the boys" and so they take a stab at it. Sadly for them, being drunk will not miraculously cause a woman to really understand baseball statistics or the appeal of fart jokes.

Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/10/guys-want-girls-to-curb-drinking/)

ralph wiggum
03-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Interesting. I think a lot of this behavior is imitative. Women want to be considered "one of the boys" and so they take a stab at it. Sadly for them, being drunk will not miraculously cause a woman to really understand baseball statistics or the appeal of fart jokes.

Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/10/guys-want-girls-to-curb-drinking/)

We don't talk about baseball statistics to pick up women. If they happen to wander over while we're discussing them, so be it. ;)

linda22003
03-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I don't think guys necessarily think drunken coeds are a problem. The fact that they can quickly and unexpectedly become vomiting coeds is the problem.

BadCat
03-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I find drunk females to be very unappealing.
Not crazy about drunk males either.

stsinner
03-10-2009, 11:00 AM
LOL, but it does make you more attractive. That's what I've always liked about women drinking...

linda22003
03-10-2009, 11:03 AM
At best, a temporary phenomenon. We have cocktail napkins with an inebriated fellow on them looking over his shoulder and thinking "She wants me...." The caption is: "Behold, The Power of Alcohol." :p

PoliCon
03-10-2009, 10:02 PM
amatures. If your coed gets drunk - you're not moving fast enough. You have to be ready to pounce the moment her defense are low enough to get her panties off. :rolleyes:

megimoo
03-10-2009, 10:12 PM
amatures. If your coed gets drunk - you're not moving fast enough. You have to be ready to pounce the moment her defense are low enough to get her panties off. :rolleyes:

Just a dirty old man aintcha ?

PoliCon
03-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Where the hell is the angel smilie???

Just a dirty old man aintcha ?who me? Nah. I've just done it a few times is all . . . . How do you think I got my wife?? ;)

noonwitch
03-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Drunken coeds keep the makers of the morning after pill in business.

ralph wiggum
03-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Drunken coeds keep the makers of the morning after pill in business.

Among other things.

Aspirin
Gatorade
Late-night fast food places
Toilet cleaner

Feel free to add your own.

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Among other things.

Aspirin
Gatorade
Late-night fast food places
Toilet cleaner

Feel free to add your own.

Breath mints
Psychologists
Frito Lay
Trojan

linda22003
03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Underwear (replacement)
Tattoos (accidental)
Piercings ( " " )

PoliCon
03-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Underwear (replacement)
Tattoos (accidental)
Piercings ( " " )

don't forget tattoo removal! Or the drug companies that make drugs for Hep, Herps, etc!