3/4 cup onions, diced
6 slices bacon
1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups kale leaves, cut in half, then sliced
2 tablespoons chicken base
1 quart water
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place sausage links onto a sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until done; cut in half length-wise, then cut at an angle into 1/2 inch slices.

Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear. Remove bacon and crumble. Add garlic to the onions and cook an additional 1-minute. Add chicken base, water, and potatoes, simmer 15 minutes. Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale and cream.Add lots of fresh ground black pepper or White if you are a purest , Simmer 4 minutes and serve.

megimoo
06-27-2008, 12:36 PM
And as a second course to go with the soup

Stuffed Chicken Marsala:

three Italian cheeses are hand-stuffed inside an oven-roasted chicken breast, which is then topped with mushrooms and a creamy Marsala sauce

"Note:The Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala actually has a seven cheese stuffing
this poor copy only three,but you could always improvise !"

Ingredients:

---CHEESE STUFFING---
1/2 cup smoked provolone or gouda cheese
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato flakes, if in oil, drain first
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper

---CHICKEN---
2 pounds Skinless boneless chicken breasts
4 ounces cooking oil
2 cups flour
salt and pepper, to taste

---SAUCE---
1 small onion, chopped
6 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
24 ounces marsala wine
8 ounces heavy cream

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. STUFFING: Combine all cheese stuffing ingredients in a bowl.

3. CHICKEN: Butterfly thickest section to create two lobes - pound until 1/4"-1/2" thick. Place pounded chicken breasts on a plate and place desired amount of stuffing on one half of chicken breast. Gently press stuffing down and fold over other side of chicken breast.

4. Preheat a large saute pan on stove top. add 4 oz oil, heat oil until shimmering. Place approximately 2 cups flour in a pan and season it to taste with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess flour. Place stuffed chicken breasts in saute pan with the preheated oil. Cook each side until golden. When chicken is seared on both sides remove them from saute pan and place them in a baking pan and into the oven for 10-20 minutes. Bake until juices run clear and stuffing and center reach a temperature of at least 165 degrees.

5. SAUCE: Add the onions to the saute pan. stir with spatula. After 2 minutes add the mushrooms, saute mixture until onions are translucent. Deglaze saute pan with the marsala wine - make sure to incorporate particles from bottom of pan. Bring wine to a simmer and add heavy cream. Simmer sauce on low heat until reduced by half.

6. Place cooked chicken breast on a plate and top with onions, mushrooms and sauce. Serve with your favorite garlic mashed potato recipe.

Lager
06-27-2008, 01:49 PM
I love that soup, thanks for posting it!

Shannon
06-27-2008, 05:02 PM
I love that soup, thanks for posting it!

I hate that soup.

megimoo
06-27-2008, 05:05 PM
I hate that soup.What soup if any is your favorite ?

Shannon
06-27-2008, 05:09 PM
What soup if any is your favorite ?

Besides Campbell's?:p I like southwest chicken type soups.

Bubba Dawg
06-27-2008, 06:55 PM
I like the fennel soup at Carrabas that has sausage in it, but this one is good at Olive Garden.

megimoo
07-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Besides Campbell's?:p I like southwest chicken type soups.With Hot Chilli Peppers ?:eek:

Odysseus
07-22-2008, 07:51 PM
I like the fennel soup at Carrabas that has sausage in it, but this one is good at Olive Garden.

There's an Italian chain called Bertucci's that has the best sausage soup. The one negative thing that I have to say about FT Hood is that there's a serious lack of Italian restaurants. Of course, the multiple Mexican, Barbeque and steakhouses make up for it.

megimoo
07-22-2008, 08:26 PM
There's an Italian chain called Bertucci's that has the best sausage soup. The one negative thing that I have to say about FT Hood is that there's a serious lack of Italian restaurants. Of course, the multiple Mexican, Barbeque and steakhouses make up for it.
I've had both Bertucci's and Olive Gardens sausage soup and I favor the Olive Gardens.
The soup isn't at all as rich as it looks and has a subtle after taste that I enjoy.

I've had other memorable soup Most based on chicken stock that I have enjoyed from Mexican .
Green Chile Chicken soup ,White Chili with Chicken ,Chicken Posole ,Chicken Enchilada Soup,
Chicken Taco but the sausage soup is my favorite.