PDA

View Full Version : U.N. seeks to make it a crime for Americans to criticise Islam

EricMartin
03-12-2009, 03:44 PM
The U.N. now wants to make the Anti-Blasphemy Resolution binding on all member nations. That would make it a crime to criticize religion, in particular Islam. This is a major effort taking place to curb free speech worldwide.

Christopher Hitchens discussed the United Nations Anti-Blasphemy Resolution with Lou Dobbs on February 25, 2009 on CNN. The Resolution, sponsored by the Arab members, might be the crucial next step towards imposing Sharia law in the Western world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtYTHmgMgfw

noonwitch
03-12-2009, 03:45 PM
It's not going to happen here. The first amendment will prevail.

EricMartin
03-12-2009, 04:00 PM

Yeah probably -- there's still a lot of tough, strong and principled people in the U.S., as opposed to in Europe. Thank God I'm getting the hell out of Norway in a few years, and moving to Colorado.

Anyone on Facebook should consider joining the group "Kick the U.N. out of New York (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=61012046648)".

enslaved1
03-12-2009, 04:01 PM

Honestly, at this point in time, I wouldn't lay too much money on that bet.

wilbur
03-12-2009, 05:29 PM
They just need to change the wording of the resolution so that it says its it illegal to blaspheme the one true religion.

Then it would have no effect what-so-ever. ;)

noonwitch
03-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Honestly, at this point in time, I wouldn't lay too much money on that bet.

I would, because if that were not the case, Fred Phelps would have been arrested a long time ago for offending military people with his speech, and for offending gays. Rush is not in jail nor has he been silenced somehow by the government for criticizing the current president, Al Franken wasn't arrested for criticizing the last one.

PoliCon
03-13-2009, 08:54 AM

You think that the bill of rights still means something? Tell that to the people of New London Conn.

PoliCon
03-13-2009, 08:56 AM
of course it would be fine to criticize Judaism or Christianity. . . . especially Judaism . . . .

Full-Auto
03-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Good luck with that. How do they plan to enforce it? America is their military, are we going to invade ourselves to force compliance? Maybe they'll impose sanctions and we'll be forced to blockade our own ports.

How freaking stupid can the members of the UN really be? Man, that's a stupid question. :)

Hugh Lincoln
03-13-2009, 12:17 PM
of course it would be fine to criticize Judaism or Christianity. . . . especially Judaism . . . .

In many parts of Europe, it is illegal to say bad things about Jews and Muslims, but nowhere is it a bad thing to criticize Christians.

In fact, if you question "the Holocaust", they put you in jail in many European countries.

Make no mistake: the point of all this stuff is to hammer white Western Christendom, and protect anyone else.

asdf2231
03-13-2009, 01:06 PM
In many parts of Europe, it is illegal to say bad things about Jews and Muslims, but nowhere is it a bad thing to criticize Christians.

In fact, if you question "the Holocaust", they put you in jail in many European countries.

Make no mistake: the point of all this stuff is to hammer white Western Christendom, and protect anyone else.

*Sigh* I just KNOW I am going to regret asking this...

Why, oh why, did you put "Holocaust" in quotes like that? Like it was some made up thing or silly word?

Flat out question to you: Do you believe the Holocaust never happened? That there is enough doubt that it NEEDS to be questioned?

You personally. Not people getting locked up in Europe. Enlighten us please.

enslaved1
03-13-2009, 01:29 PM
I would, because if that were not the case, Fred Phelps would have been arrested a long time ago for offending military people with his speech, and for offending gays. Rush is not in jail nor has he been silenced somehow by the government for criticizing the current president, Al Franken wasn't arrested for criticizing the last one.

Yes, but this is about those precious muslims. For whatever stupid reason, that consistently throws a monkey wrench into the common sense of any issue.

And I believe folks have tried long and hard to get laws arranged to have Phelps arrested.

PoliCon
03-13-2009, 02:01 PM
In fact, if you question "the Holocaust", they put you in jail in many European countries..And you have a problem with this why?

asdf2231
03-13-2009, 03:30 PM
And you have a problem with this why?

Fat chance he's gonna answer.

wilbur
03-13-2009, 03:54 PM
One can debate the merits of creating laws against holocaust denial.. and technically, one would be right to say it does seem to violate principles of free speech.. if you want to be really puritan about it. However, in the case of Germany and Eastern Europe, it is simply one extreme exceptional exception.. obviously because of the immense tragedy of the holocaust. I don't really blame them. I think its an exception that we can all live with.

Holocaust denial is something a little different than what it seems this initiative does.... which, as far as I have heard, seems to work equally well for religious criticism of any kind... AND also blasphemy. In other words, it could potentially force everyone into compliance with rules of other religions.

lacarnut
03-13-2009, 05:15 PM
.Make no mistake: the point of all this stuff is to hammer white Western Christendom, and protect anyone else.

I am afraid that is what Obama and the liberals have in mind for us in the USA. The sorry bastards in the UN want to have complete control over all nations in the world. Most Americans are too stupid to realize it.

JB
03-13-2009, 06:58 PM
And you have a problem with this why?
Fat chance he's gonna answer.Are you both saying I should be locked up if I say The Holocaust never happened?

marinejcksn
03-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I'll say it right here and now before the "mighy" U.N. bans it: F$@& Radical Islam. Islam as a whole is a religion of peace and any REAL Muslim understands this.

Lets see jokers like Ban Ki-moon try to silence the American people's voice. The U.N. is a complete joke. :rolleyes:

FlaGator
03-13-2009, 07:46 PM
*Sigh* I just KNOW I am going to regret asking this...

Why, oh why, did you put "Holocaust" in quotes like that? Like it was some made up thing or silly word?

Flat out question to you: Do you believe the Holocaust never happened? That there is enough doubt that it NEEDS to be questioned?

You personally. Not people getting locked up in Europe. Enlighten us please.

I would like to know why everything deals with race with this guy. Talk about a one trick pony.

asdf2231
03-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Are you both saying I should be locked up if I say The Holocaust never happened?

Locked up?

No way.

Mocked as a retard?

All day long.

wilbur
03-13-2009, 08:09 PM
I hadn't heard that - can you provide some links for this?

Well, here's an article about a neo-nazi convicted to 5 years in prison for holocaust denial (in Germany).

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2328344,00.html

FlaGator
03-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Well, here's an article about a neo-nazi convicted to 5 years in prison for holocaust denial (in Germany).

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2328344,00.html

In Germany holocaust denial is against the law. So is possession of nazi paraphernalia and promoting nazi propaganda.

PoliCon
03-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Are you both saying I should be locked up if I say The Holocaust never happened?

Yes. In a mental institution though and not a jail. Just like the 9/11 truthers and those idiots that say we never went to the moon should be locked up. People who believe retarded conspiracy theories should definately be locked up.

PoliCon
03-13-2009, 10:13 PM
In Germany holocaust denial is against the law. So is possession of nazi paraphernalia and promoting nazi propaganda.

It would be kinda like people walking around after the civil war claiming that slavery never existed and that black were liars because they were never slaves . . . .