PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - Thor's Day

FlaGator
03-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Apparently I wrote up a nice Thursday thread and never hit the submit button. I skip through all the weather talk and go straight to the...

TOTD - In honor of the Norse god and comic book superhero (and because I drew a blank for a topic) today would be a good day to mention what your favorite comic book character or superhero was when you were growing up. I started out liking Archie but whiched to Dracula. I loved this comic book. I was at the store across the street as soon as a new issue came out. I was a fan of the monster comic books like Vampirella and Swamp Thing, but Dracula was my favorite. What about you? Which character or comic book did you like to read?

SarasotaRepub
03-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Thor's Day??? LOL!!!:D

I always read The Fantastic 4. Dr. Doom was my hero...:D

asdf2231
03-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Iron Man and the X-men.

The Avengers were cool too and at one point I had a pretty decent Moon Knight collection.
My favorite though was Deathlok!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff160/drdogtown/DeathlokII.jpg

The OG of killing machines! :p

Shannon
03-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Comic books? I don't think I've ever even glanced at one.

Gingersnap
03-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Comic books? I don't think I've ever even glanced at one.

The testosterone out-gassing off this thread was making me dizzy. What was he talking about again?:D

Shannon
03-12-2009, 09:18 PM
The testosterone out-gassing off this thread was making me dizzy. What was he talking about again?:D

I don't know. I suggest you title next week's thread "Woden's Day" and make it about shoe shopping though.:p

Gingersnap
03-12-2009, 09:19 PM
I don't know. I suggest you title next week's thread "Woden's Day" and make it about shoe shopping though.:p

Hmmmm......that's easy enough. :)

PoliCon
03-12-2009, 11:09 PM
TOTD - well it's certainly NOT Dr. Manhattan (Just saw Watchmen). Although the ladies would adore him. TOTAL sausagefest! I was always a big Avengers fan. Ironman is super cool terrific!

FlaGator
03-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Thor's Day??? LOL!!!:D

I always read The Fantastic 4. Dr. Doom was my hero...:D

From the American Heritage Dictionary

ETYMOLOGY:
Middle English, from Old English thres dæg, alteration (influenced by Old Norse thrsdagr, Thor's day), of thunres dæg, Thor's day (translation of Late Latin Iovis dis, Jupiter's day) thunres, genitive of thunor, thunder; see (s)ten- in Indo-European roots + dæg, day ; see day

asdf2231
03-13-2009, 01:30 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/Motivational/thorbirfday.jpg