PDA

View Full Version : We Rocked!!!! The Glenn Beck Meetup!

Gingersnap
03-13-2009, 06:06 PM
We had soooooo much fun it was criminal. The lefty servers were both appalled and thankful. Who else went to a meetup? There were about 150 of us there and we had the best time EVER! :D

EricMartin
03-13-2009, 06:24 PM
We had soooooo much fun it was criminal. The lefty servers were both appalled and thankful. Who else went to a meetup? There were about 150 of us there and we had the best time EVER! :D

I watched it all on FOX, it was great. Thanks for contributing to it! :)

Gingersnap
03-13-2009, 06:35 PM
I watched it all on FOX, it was great. Thanks for contributing to it! :)

Maybe you actually saw me since they were filming it and uploading at the same time! I was the cute red head with the curly ponytail wearing the yellow shirt. :)

All those Meetups are going to do once a month Meetups in every area. You can still join in with us.

BadCat
03-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Maybe you actually saw me since they were filming it and uploading at the same time! I was the cute red head with the curly ponytail wearing the yellow shirt. :)

All those Meetups are going to do once a month Meetups in every area. You can still join in with us.

I caught the last half of it, Ginger.

I don't think I saw you, but it did look like a good time.

EricMartin
03-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Here's the Benjamin Franklin quote which was referred to towards the end of the show. It was wise of him to bring it up -- it's a belief which followers of all benevolent religions can agree upon.

"You desire to know something of my religion. It is the first time I have been questioned upon it. But I cannot take your curiosity amiss, and shall endeavor in a few words to gratify it. Here is my creed. I believe in one God, Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His providence. That He ought to be worshiped. That the most acceptable service we render Him is doing good to His other children. That the soul of man is immortal, and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental principles of all sound religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever sect I meet with them."

Alas I'm still a Norwegian. I expect to be a resident of Colorado in exactly three years though. :)

marinejcksn
03-13-2009, 07:54 PM
I MISSED IT! :(

Wasn't my fault; he plays at 5pm Eastern Time and they show it at 12 noon here in Hawaii. I had a damn gas chamber exercise today that didn't end until 1. :(

How was the show?

Gingersnap
03-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Alas I'm still a Norwegian. I expect to be a resident of Colorado in exactly three years though. :)

I am married to a second generation Norwegian. I am mostly Swede with a touch of Sami. It's a mixed marriage. :D

You will adore Colorado. I certainly do.

Milly
03-13-2009, 09:26 PM
My itty-bitty Northern Indiana town was SRO for the meet up. We're all getting together again tomorrow for the first discussion and organization meeting. I'm PUMPED!!!

Gingersnap
03-14-2009, 10:07 AM
My itty-bitty Northern Indiana town was SRO for the meet up. We're all getting together again tomorrow for the first discussion and organization meeting. I'm PUMPED!!!

Great! We are still jazzed and we'll be meeting together again in about 2 weeks. I see many conservative BBQs in my future this summer.:D

Shannon
03-14-2009, 03:20 PM
A couple of the "kids" at work were asking me about this yesterday. I love Beck but am more of a Rush gal. It seems the young'uns enjoy Beck more. It's all good either way. I'm just happy the conservative message is getting to the younger generation.:)

ralph wiggum
03-14-2009, 08:54 PM
A couple of the "kids" at work were asking me about this yesterday. I love Beck but am more of a Rush gal. It seems the young'uns enjoy Beck more. It's all good either way. I'm just happy the conservative message is getting to the younger generation.:)

Shannon just admitted she's old! :D

SarasotaRepub
03-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Shannon just admitted she's old! :D

Yep, and probably fat too. :D JUST KIDDING SHANNON!!!!

SLW and I will have to look into this for the future. We were watching the rerun
of Beck's show last night.

ralph wiggum
03-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Yep, and probably fat too. :D JUST KIDDING SHANNON!!!!

Bumping for comment from Shannon. :D

Shannon
03-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Bumping for comment from Shannon. :D

:rolleyes:

I'm hardly old. I call everyone a kid, even my older brother. I will be 29 next month. That's not exactly young but not old either.:p