PDA

View Full Version : Selection Sunday

biccat
03-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes, I'm well aware that it's still Saturday, but I plan on sleeping in late tomorrow. The wife and I are in Indianapolis for the Big 10 men's basketball tournament and we've got a 7 hour drive tomorrow after the final game.

Also, we went to a Brazilian restaurant for dinner. While it was pricey, it was also all-you-can-eat [I]amazing[/] meat. We're talking melt-in-your-mouth filet mignon. Holy crap. Fogo de Chao is highly recommended.

TOTD: since March Madness is just around the corner, and the NCAA selection show is coming up...

Is your favorite/local team going to make it to the dance?

Despite a disappointing showing at the Big 10 tourney, MSU is locked in, probably with a 2 seed.

For those who don't care about basketball (communists), whatis your favorite rainy-day activity?

Shannon
03-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Fired from the Sunday thread. That is all.

PoliCon
03-14-2009, 09:27 PM
basketball sucks. That is all.

Shannon
03-15-2009, 08:01 AM
My favorite rainy day activity is reading. That's my favorite everyday activity though.

Moon
03-15-2009, 08:22 AM
My favorite rainy day activity is staying dry.

Constitutionally Speaking
03-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Yes, I'm well aware that it's still Saturday, but I plan on sleeping in late tomorrow. The wife and I are in Indianapolis for the Big 10 men's basketball tournament and we've got a 7 hour drive tomorrow after the final game.

Also, we went to a Brazilian restaurant for dinner. While it was pricey, it was also all-you-can-eat [I]amazing[/] meat. We're talking melt-in-your-mouth filet mignon. Holy crap. Fogo de Chao is highly recommended.

TOTD: since March Madness is just around the corner, and the NCAA selection show is coming up...

Despite a disappointing showing at the Big 10 tourney, MSU is locked in, probably with a 2 seed.

For those who don't care about basketball (communists), whatis your favorite rainy-day activity?

MSU - despite their poor showing yesterday. Izzo always seems to do poorly in the Big Ten tournament and then breezes through the early rounds of the NCAA's.

They will be a final four participant this year.

Michigan should get in this year also - it will be good to have them back to respectable form. They need to get tougher though. Sims cannot do all of the inside work on his own.

RobJohnson
03-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Spent the day yesterday exploring Death Valley with my gf. Was able to see alot of those in a law enforcement foot race from Baker, CA to Las Vegas. It's pretty much up hill, the entire way... It's also good when you have over 4000 people running past your place of business for 2 days 24/7.

It was neat seeing the signs on the follow vehciles to see where the particpants were from. They are the best of the best and everyone of them is a winner to me, no matter who wins the race!

www.bakervegas.com

TOTD: I doubt we see rain again until August!

SaintLouieWoman
03-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Last week STL was full of fans for the finals of the Mississippi Valley college basketball. I saw many Drake University fans at the zoo. They all were having a very good time and they brought in lots of bucks to help stimulate the local economy.

TOTD: On a rainy weekend day, just like to stay home and relax. The dogs enjoy having us home.

megimoo
03-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Did you try the Brazilian National Dish Feijoada - Say "feshwada" ?

Bubba Dawg
03-15-2009, 03:24 PM
What a great Sunday Thread!!!

I can't wait for the selections to come out. The show is on at 6:00.

I watched the ACC Tournament. Duke ran all over Florida State. I hate Duke.

I'll probably wind up rooting for Pitt or Memphis.

Space Gravy
03-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Mississippi State, who had no chance of getting in, wins the SEC and takes a spot from a bubble team.

Kind of like what Georgia did last year.

PoliCon
03-15-2009, 03:56 PM
My favorite rainy day activity is staying dry. I like to sit out on the back porch under the awning with a good book - an iced tea maybe nap a little while the rain pours down just inches away :) Of course - that's when it's warm . . . .

Bubba Dawg
03-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Mississippi State, who had no chance of getting in, wins the SEC and takes a spot from a bubble team.

Kind of like what Georgia did last year.

I love a team like Mississippi State getting in. Also, their cheerleaders and really really good looking.

Space Gravy
03-15-2009, 04:13 PM
I love a team like Mississippi State getting in. Also, their cheerleaders and really really good looking.

Definitely, unpredictability is part of what makes this fun. I thought Auburn, the so called hot team coming in, was going to win it.

Bubba Dawg
03-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Definitely, unpredictability is part of what makes this fun. I thought Auburn, the so called hot team coming in, was going to win it.

The SEC has had a down year in Basketball.

Space Gravy
03-15-2009, 04:19 PM
The SEC has had a down year in Basketball.

The normal two top programs (Kentucky and Florida) need to get it together.

Bubba Dawg
03-15-2009, 04:59 PM
You know, I was thinking...Sports Day-Threads on the Weekends.

Think about it. Baseball is coming up. Football..college and pro. Racing....everything from NASCAR to The Tour de...um....bicycles. IRL. Hockey even.

March Madness. The NBA.

Soccer! Rugby.

Tiger Woods is playing again.

This idea may have legs. When are the Olympics?

Space Gravy
03-15-2009, 05:49 PM
No love for the SEC. 22 win Auburn, 23 win Florida and 20 win Kentucky on the outside looking in.

Space Gravy
03-15-2009, 05:50 PM
You know, I was thinking...Sports Day-Threads on the Weekends.

Think about it. Baseball is coming up. Football..college and pro. Racing....everything from NASCAR to The Tour de...um....bicycles. IRL. Hockey even.

March Madness. The NBA.

Soccer! Rugby.

Tiger Woods is playing again.

This idea may have legs. When are the Olympics?

I'm in.

Bubba Dawg
03-15-2009, 06:40 PM
No love for the SEC. 22 win Auburn, 23 win Florida and 20 win Kentucky on the outside looking in.

That's tough. There are always teams on the bubble that you think might get in or should have. Every year there are some. Gotta be disappointing to those players but some of the little schools that got in are really excited.

FlaGator
03-15-2009, 06:47 PM
TOTD - Do I really need to answer this question?

PoliCon
03-15-2009, 07:19 PM
TOTD - Do I really need to answer this question?

Nope. We all know that you will be cheering for PITT this year :)

biccat
03-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Fired from the Sunday thread. That is all.

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but sweeeeeeet.

Now I don't have to come up with something new on Sunday!