PDA

View Full Version : What's fer dinner tonight?

SarasotaRepub
03-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I know it's a little early but...:D

We took a Honeysuckle White Turkey breast out of the freezer
for tonight. It's warm out here today but not too warm for runnig
the oven and roasting it up!

SaintLouieWoman
03-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Trying to think what else to make with it, maybe homemade mashed potatoes and good old green bean casserole. (yeah, I know not too inventive). :D

asdf2231
03-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I was looking for peas in the freezer and found the "Soup Carcass" from last years Thanksgiving turkey in there all alone in the corner. I stuff them with big chunks of celery and onion when I make them and what is left of the bird and bones gets freezer bagged with the veggies.

3-4 hours of simmering and it makes some kicking soup base.

So we are having Turkey Vegitable Soup With Dumplings!

If you have never tried them let me take this oportunity to pimp Chateau Potato Dumplings:
http://www.chateaufoods.com/catalog/images/dumplings/potato_carton_sm.jpg

You can thaw them completely and let them rise like bread dough for fluffy dumplings or you can nuke them for a short time and cook them up as traditional "Sinkers".

I LOVE these things because dumplings are something I have never been able to do well from scratch.

Troll
03-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm trying a pizza crust recipe I found online - dough is rising now. I'll be covering it with the artery blockers later - my doctor told me I have low 'bad' cholesterol, so it seems I have catching up to do. :D

The real treat will come later in the week - I'll be trying my aunt's marinated steak recipe. If it works, I'll post in the Recipe section.

palerider
03-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Chicken and dumplings. mmmmmmm mmmmm mmmm

With a side of cherry wood sawdust. I am building a crib for a new grandchild on the way and it seems that everything I eat lately comes with a side of sawdust. Sanding dust actually at this point.