PDA

View Full Version : Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala

megimoo
06-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala

Stuffed Chicken Marsala: three Italian cheeses are hand-stuffed inside an oven-roasted chicken breast, which is then topped with mushrooms and a creamy Marsala sauce

"Note:The Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala actually has a seven cheese stuffing
this poor copy only three,but you could always improvise !"

Ingredients:

---CHEESE STUFFING---
1/2 cup smoked provolone or gouda cheese
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato flakes, if in oil, drain first
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper

---CHICKEN---
2 pounds Skinless boneless chicken breasts
4 ounces cooking oil
2 cups flour
salt and pepper, to taste

---SAUCE---
1 small onion, chopped
6 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
24 ounces marsala wine
8 ounces heavy cream

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. STUFFING: Combine all cheese stuffing ingredients in a bowl.

3. CHICKEN: Butterfly thickest section to create two lobes - pound until 1/4"-1/2" thick. Place pounded chicken breasts on a plate and place desired amount of stuffing on one half of chicken breast. Gently press stuffing down and fold over other side of chicken breast.

4. Preheat a large saute pan on stove top. add 4 oz oil, heat oil until shimmering. Place approximately 2 cups flour in a pan and season it to taste with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess flour. Place stuffed chicken breasts in saute pan with the preheated oil. Cook each side until golden. When chicken is seared on both sides remove them from saute pan and place them in a baking pan and into the oven for 10-20 minutes. Bake until juices run clear and stuffing and center reach a temperature of at least 165 degrees.

5. SAUCE: Add the onions to the saute pan. stir with spatula. After 2 minutes add the mushrooms, saute mixture until onions are translucent. Deglaze saute pan with the marsala wine - make sure to incorporate particles from bottom of pan. Bring wine to a simmer and add heavy cream. Simmer sauce on low heat until reduced by half.

6. Place cooked chicken breast on a plate and top with onions, mushrooms and sauce. Serve with your favorite garlic mashed potato recipe.

Molon Labe
06-27-2008, 04:57 PM
doesn't Olive Garden microwave most of their entrees? :p

megimoo
06-27-2008, 05:03 PM
doesn't Olive Garden microwave most of their entrees? :pDepends on where it is .THe ones on the West Coast use Celeste frozen dinners !

hampshirebrit
06-27-2008, 05:35 PM
I'd up the garlic and the red pepper by at least 2x, but that's just me.

Moo, what the hell is Marsalla wine, and where can I get it?

Sounds like a good recipe.

Molon Labe
06-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Depends on where it is .THe ones on the West Coast use frozen Celeste frozen dinners !

I do like the food though...I'll definetely try this.

patriot45
06-27-2008, 07:55 PM

Always up the garlic!

My bottle of Taylor Marsala says on the back, a creamy medium sweet marsala with raisin-like flavoring. Delicious for sipping or a gourmet touch in recipes.
The recipe looks good, I've had veal marsala before but not stuffed. Thanks Megimoo!

hampshirebrit
06-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Always up the garlic!

My bottle of Taylor Marsala says on the back, a creamy medium sweet marsala with raisin-like flavoring. Delicious for sipping or a gourmet touch in recipes.
The recipe looks good, I've had veal marsala before but not stuffed. Thanks Megimoo!

Always up the garlic, no kidding.

I will look out for Taylor Marsala, and since I am working in our capital city at the moment, it should not be a problem.

Thanks be to teh Moo, and also to Pat45, always sources of good recipes.

megimoo
06-27-2008, 08:25 PM

Which stores in the UK sell masala wine?
Can't find it in Tesco's, Morrissons OR Asdas.
tesco do sell it. its got pellegrino on the label.
Well, it's marsala wine you want, and I'm pretty sure Sainsburys sells it. or try Lidl's,Lidl.co.uk .
Marsala wine
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sample of Marsala wine.Marsala is a wine produced in the region surrounding the Italian city of Marsala in Sicily. Marsala wine first received Denominazione di origine controllata, or DOC, status in 1969.[1]

While the city's natives sometimes drink "vintage" Marsala, the wine produced for export is universally a fortified wine similar to port. Marsala wine was originally fortified with ethyl alcohol to ensure that it would last long ocean voyages, but it is made that way now due to its popularity in foreign markets.

The most creditable version of the introduction of Marsala fortified wine to a wider audience is attributed to the English trader John Woodhouse. The name came from the Greek warlord Marsala who believed his men fought with more flair by drinking a little before battle.In 1773, Woodhouse landed at the port of Marsala and "discovered" the local wine produced in the region, which was aged in wooden casks and tasted similar to Spanish and Portuguese fortified wines then-popular in England. Fortified Marsala wine was, and is, made using a process called in perpetuum, which is similar to the solera system used to produce Sherry in Jerez, Spain