PDA

View Full Version : Somebody tell me how this works.

Rebel Yell
03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
I've done it a dozen times. It always works as long as I actually do the math in my head. If I just make up the end number it misses it.

http://www.regiftable.com/RegiftingRobinPopUp.html

Gingersnap
03-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the cursor position. When I did the math, I moused over the "real" number but when I picked randomly and didn't move the cursor, the program missed.

Rebel Yell
03-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the cursor position. When I did the math, I moused over the "real" number but when I picked randomly and didn't move the cursor, the program missed.

I did the mouse and didn't move the cursor anywhere near the number and it still got it right.

bijou
03-17-2009, 03:58 PM
When you subtract the sum of the two separate digits from a two digit number you end up with a multiple of nine. All the multiples of nine have the same gift listed so it is always right.

Gingersnap
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM
When you subtract the sum of the two separate digits from a two digit number you end up with a multiple of nine. All the multiples of nine have the same gift listed so it is always right.

Ah! That's why it failed when I picked one randomly. I've heard of this trick before but I couldn't remember the rule.

PoliCon
03-17-2009, 04:43 PM

took about 3 seconds to figure out