PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Catching the Battlestar Galactica Finale Friday?

Speedy
03-18-2009, 12:57 AM
The SciFi Channel is running a marathon of episodes this Friday with a two hour season finale at 8:00 Central Time.

I have seasons 1-4 on DVD. This is probably the best show on TV and I am sad to see it go.

The writing is awesome and one of the best things about the show has been the music. One of the best musical moments is the end of Season 3 with Bear McCreary's version of All Along the Watchtower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2H6Lx-Fkjc

SarasotaRepub
03-18-2009, 06:26 AM
You betcha Speed. :D

FlaGator
03-18-2009, 07:02 AM
I'll be traveling to South Carolina, but I have the DVR set up to record it.

SarasotaRepub
03-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Starts in less than an hour! :D

asdf2231
03-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I am kicking the kids clear out of the living room and cranking up the sound on the bigscreen.

I already warned them I intend to reign over the livingroom with horrible despotism tonight for 2 hours. :D

SarasotaRepub
03-20-2009, 09:07 PM
WOOT!!! Excellent Stuff!!!! :D

FlaGator
03-20-2009, 09:13 PM
I am in Greenville, SC tonight for a gathering of traditional Episcopalians. I have the DVR set to record it so I can watch Sunday afternoon.

ralph wiggum
03-20-2009, 09:40 PM
I heard that Professor Plum did it in the Conservatory with a candlestick.

Sorry for the spoiler. :D

SarasotaRepub
03-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Ahhhh...the Fleet going off into the sun with the original sound
track was a very nice touch!!!:)

Speedy
03-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Well, all I can say is that it is one of the best send offs for a series I have ever seen. It had everything.

Moon
03-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Well, all I can say is that it is one of the best send offs for a series I have ever seen. It had everything.

Yeah, it was absolutely incredible. I loved it.

SarasotaRepub
03-20-2009, 10:17 PM

Yep. Excellent. Top Notch.

SarasotaRepub
03-20-2009, 10:24 PM
I am in Greenville, SC tonight for a gathering of traditional Episcopalians. I have the DVR set to record it so I can watch Sunday afternoon.

Does that mean I can't tell you the ending???:confused::(:D

asdf2231
03-21-2009, 03:08 AM
Does that mean I can't tell you the ending???:confused::(:D

You might as well tell him how it ended because I can't be the only person pissed off that they wound up on a planet full of Ewoks. :mad:

ironhorsedriver
03-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Excellent last episode, until the very end. Didn't care to much forthe city thing.

gator
03-21-2009, 08:50 AM
The first part of the ending was very exciting. The best special effects I have ever seen on TV or big screen movies.

The middle part was rushed through with the turnabout on the Cylons, especially when they were winning. I loved the battle with the old school Centurions.

The third part on earth was good with almost every question being answered including the scene in last week’s episode when Baltar’s father gave him a lecture on his roots.

It is unbelievable that 40K people would all agree to give up technology in order to break the cycle. It seems that in the long run (150,000 years) that didn’t even make a difference.

I liked the fact that the series was closed out as cleanly as it was.

I am just wondering what the Centurions will be up to in the future. That is a good lose end to have.

Very good series. I think the best ever shown on TV. Michael Hogan did a great job of acting with the character of Col Tigh. He should get some kind of an award for that performance.

Speedy
03-21-2009, 12:44 PM
What do you guys think about the new upcoming series on SciFi in the next few months? Caprica, Stargate Universe and Warehouse 13?

The end of Battlestar Galactica last night was awesome. The flashbacks to the final days before the Cylon attacks on Caprica were probably the best part. Helo's flashback about perfection as he goes off into the sun and Laura Rosalynn's death were pretty heart wrenching.

I agree that the battle with the old school centurions on the assault of the base ship was pretty cool. The production values for the show were pretty high. Equal to anything on the big screen.

Artois
03-22-2009, 01:13 PM

Agreed, one of the best! As the best surely has to go to Six Feet Under!

PoliCon
03-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Ahhhh...the Fleet going off into the sun with the original sound
track was a very nice touch!!!:)

I have to agree. :) I liked that the worked that in there at the end. :)

PoliCon
03-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Laura Rosalynn's death were pretty heart wrenching.
I know! Her death had me all chocked up and wanting to call my mother to tell her how much I love her. Silly. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
03-22-2009, 01:20 PM
How about Starbuck just disappearing :) And we never did get closure on the Daniel thing . . . .

hampshirebrit
03-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Yep. Excellent. Top Notch.

Out-frakkin-standing.

So say we all.

I will definitely miss it. I've got 1 thru 4 on DVD, and I've pre-ordered the final episodes from amazon.com.

RIP, Kara Thrace :mad::mad: :D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3398/3224105258_ea590be516.jpg

Caprica starts early 2010 though, so we have that to look forward to.

Speedy
03-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Caprica starts early 2010 though, so we have that to look forward to.

The DVD for the Caprica pilot will be available next month. There is Stargate Universe and Warehouse 13 to look forward to.